View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
idkmybffjill
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksand (View Post)
My main problem with it was again, how they portrayed her illness. It was like JB googled 'crazy illness' and pulled out every stop in the book to a show cinematic level of crazy. IE: pictures on the wall, headshakes, seeing monsters, and a crazy laugh. It was all too over the top for me.
To me those things had a decent purpose, not random stuff picked up from googling at all. Like wall pics represent the art project from s2, having unseen monsters around goes with the voices in her video diary. The crazy laugh, do you mean when Freddie finds her in Anthea's room doing the collage? That seemed to fit the context, it was a nervous sort of laugh. I can understand it not seeming right to some viewers, but all those aspects worked for me.

JB didn't write this one tho, he gets his crack at mental illness with Effy's ep That one will probably be controversial too

Quote:
Even JJ and Thomas asked where she was. We saw Pandora and Katie's reactions at the party when they saw the goodbye on the wall.
Agreed, but I did think it was a bit ridiculous they all peaced out after Anthea called. How would you not stick around to see that she's ok when there's a big goodbye on the wall and her bf's just run off like something urgent is going on? That seemed clueless, but not bad intentioned.