View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Deb D
Elite Fan

*Sex: Female

*Why do you watch Dawson's Creek? In other words, what do you get out of the show; what do you like about it?
I started watching because there's was something very special about it. It wasn't just about cheap laughs and soapie plots. The show had a heart, the visual setting was stunning, the soundtrack superb. Combine these with diverse and deep characters, witty dialogue, pop-culture references and good old teenage angst and I was hooked. I continue today as fan as I became emotionally invested in the characters and passionate about my shipper group. This is all supported and maintained in the cyber world where in many ways the show lives on.

*How do you feel about the characters' personalities?

I love that there are a range of personality types. Each has obvious strenghts and weaknesses and you can see how each balances the other.

*How do you feel about the characters' bodies?

Never really thought about it except in obvious scenes and then it was "okay, I could have me a piece of that "

*How do you feel about the characters' lifestyles?

Obviously not every choice they make in their life is what I would personally choose or even condone. The show attempted to keep each character true to their heart with varying degrees of success.

*Is there a certain character that you relate to personally?

Dawson Leery.
We both grew up in comfortable middle-class home with two parents and later a younger sibling. I was extremely close to my father and lost him in my early twenties, like Dawson. I was also the idealistic dreamer at school that used a lot of big words and was always more content to stay at home curled up in a make-believe world of books, TV and movies. I was oblivious to other's feelings about me but overware of my own personality traits. I too have a very high standard that I set for myself and I often feel let down when others don't meet my unrealistic expectations or show the same passion and interest in a belief that I do.

*If so, were you always like this character, or did you grow to be like this character as you watched the show?

I've always been like this character and so seeing someone else with such a similiar story made for fascinating viewing.

*Do you ever find yourself mimicking body language or dress of the characters?

I came as Joey to a fancy dress party with a Dawson and Pacey in tow but that's it

*How do you feel about your body?

Hee! It does me just fine.

*Do you do anything to change your body? If so, what?

Try to live a healthy life

*Do you sometimes wish that you could look like the characters on Dawson's Creek?

Only an occasional appreciation of their looks but I'm too content with who I am to want to change

*Does watching Dawson's Creek, the bodies of the characters, or the actions of the characters make you feel a certain way about your body?

Not really.

Good luck with the assignment - wish I had projects this interesting