View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Tennessee Whiskey
Fan Forum Star

3.02 - "The Kids are Alright" Episode Discussion Thread #2

The Kids are Alright
The CW
Oct 11th 2007

Dean (Jensen Ackles) pressures Sam (Jared Padalecki) into visiting Cicero, Indiana, so he can visit an old flame named Lisa (guest star Cindy Sampson), he had a tryst nine years ago. However, Dean is stunned when he meets not only Lisa again, but also her 8-year old son Ben (guest star Nicholas Elias), who bears a striking resemblance to him.

However, Ben soon goes missing and Sam and Dean discover that a Changeling, a demonic parasite, is snatching kids from the small town and assuming their form. Meanwhile, Ruby (Katie Cassidy) makes contact with Sam and reveals some startling information about his mom.

Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Sera Gamble.

Preview

--------------------------------------
http://www.fanforum.com/f222/3-02-ki...read-62815637/

The Road so Far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Zhuo (View Post)
I agree, I think Dean would be the more indulgent one in answering Sam's questions, and Sam would probably badger him until he got an answer. I don't imagine John would actually answer the why questions, he'd probably get annoyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla (View Post)
While I can totally see little Sammy trailing along behind Big Brother Dean, asking him every question that popped into his inquisitive little mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
I can see that too! it's a very Sam like thing to do. Adding to the fact that he thinks the world of Dean to the mix, I'm sure he was pretty annoying.

Wow, this might be the first episode thread we'll need a second thread for!
Quote:
Well, it was a good episode.

Aw, deep down I'm sure Dean loved the fact that little Sammy came to Big Brother with his questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Zhuo (View Post)
I know, I can't believe we're gonna need another thread for this episode

I'm sure Sammy was sometimes annoying with his endless questions and trailing after Dean, but I have a feeling that Dean secretly loved all of it
Quote:
Oh, definitely. Dean loves being the big brother (even if at times all that responsibility wore on him), and would have loved having his little brother come to him for answers about the world. He was probably a little sad when Sam entered his rebellious years and wasn't turning to him for all the answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
Yup I could see that. Sam still thought the world of him durring those years, but to Dean it wasn' t the same. Probably thought Sam didn't think that anymore, or didn't care that much anymore. Even if nothing could be farther from the truth.
....continue
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s

Last edited by Tennessee Whiskey; 12-08-2008 at 11:45 PM
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote