View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 AM
WildAtHeart
Obsessed Fan

just got volume 3 in the mail yesterday. i still feel so behind waiting for the volumes lol. i was so sad about (spoiler issue 14)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
So Jeanty thinks the comics are just as valid as the show? Think again, dude. The comics are just a poor spinoff that fails to live up to the standard of the show and can never hope to be the real thing. As for that nonsense about draw Buffy looking like Buffy but she doesn't have to look like SMG... how bloody insulting to SMG. Buffy looks like SMG. Because SMG put in 7 seasons of work into her. Far better work than what Jeanty's doing. So if you want to draw Buffy yeah you have to bother to make her look like SMG or else you've screwed up.
i have to disagree on that. i think in shows like BtVS, the characters transcend the actors, no matter how good the actors are. As for the drawings, i think this comment i read describes them well: "He brings these people to life not as drawings of actors and actresses, but as fully-realized comic book characters in their own right.".and the reactions about the comics from the cast have been great..even Elizabeth Anne Allen said she loved Season 8 Amy more than Season 6/7 Amy lol. i don't even know why i'm commenting on your remark though, you just always come across as one of those people that go out of their way to ALWAYS be different than anyone else lol