View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 01:07 PM
BrownEyes1980
Elite Fan

Art made by: Meluffy
In early March 2007 Meredith (Roswell Dream Girl) told us that she would put together a BL book that Mark would receive @ the Charity game that would be held later that month. The book was a way for the fans to show that the support and love for Brooke & Lucas is as strong as ever. Together people came up with more ideas to be included in the book as a supporter list, reasons why we love BL, the phrase "people that are meant to be together always find their way in the end" in different languages and of course the questions that Meredith had already thought out for fans to answer. It didn't just become a project for fans on Fan Forum but it became a joint team effort that went way beyond that and BL fans from both the CW board, OTHfans forum, Fanbolt forum, OTH writers 911 board and even boards in foreign languages helped out. The book became 70 pages long and there were actually so many responses with answers for the questions Meredith could only use one from each person so that everyone's answer could be fitted into the book.

Thanks to a bunch of lovely gals from the BL spoiler thread here not only did Mark receive the BL book but both Chad and Sophia got 'exclusive' t-shirts designed for them. The shirts were designed in the spirit of the "Justice League". Sarah (Whats_Left_Of_Me) gave the book to Mark @ the Charity Game and he pretty much got the purpose of the book "I guess these gifts are a Schwahn you better get your act together" . She also delivered the shirts and let us know Chad got his and he said something like "Oh my god I have to show this to Schwahn that's hilarious". Sophia could not attend to the game but Mark said he would give it to her later.

[Watch Mark Receive The Book]
Credit: Sarah

[Slide-Show of the Book]
Credit: Meredith

From the book: phrase pages (click for bigger version)

"I love BL because they complete eachother, because when Lucas and Brooke are together they're always smiling, if one is sad, the other makes him/her happy.I love BL because they are tender, they are sweet, their love is pure and honest, because Lucas was the first one who really touched Brooke's heart and he still is the only one. And because of that love, he made Brooke feel safe enough to show who she really was, he made her brave to prove she was not the girl everyone thought she was. Their love was so real that Brooke was afraid to try again, because she loved Lucas so much she didin't want him to break her heart, because that would be unbearable. And because it's just there, every scene is cute and special, even if it's not supposed to be but the BL power is so great that they can change a simple greeting into something really deep, cute, tender, special and meaningfull."

"What I love about them is that they aren't similar at all. Lucas is serious and broody, and Brooke is cheery and crazy. They complete each other. With her, Lucas laughs and has fun, and with him Brooke learnt what love was, she became more loyal to her friends, she'd do anything for them. And I love the fact that they're anything but perfect. They have their fights, but they always find a nice way to reconcile."

"Now that is a tough question. There are so many in depth choices I could choose, but if I must choose one it would be the fact that they both have grown so much being with each other. It's no secret that they were complete opposites in the beginning. Brooke was a party girl, while Lucas preferred to stay at home and curl up with a good book. Then something amazing happened. The writers took a chance and put two opposites together. The writers saw something that all the fans now see, that just because you aren't into the same things doesn't mean you can’t fall in love and be happy with someone. Brooke grew as a person while dating Lucas and even more so after they broke up. He taught her that she was better than all that and that she didn't have to act that way. He taught her how to love herself as well as others. He also taught her that no matter what you depend on yourself above all else, you save yourself, and that's what she does. She saves herself. With all the growing that broke has done Lucas has also grown a great deal. When we were first introduced to Lucas Scott's world we saw that he was a good guy who loved basketball and was always on the straight narrow. Then he met the brunette bombshell and we saw another side of Lucas. We saw him genuinely smile. In all my television watching I have never seen so much emotion portrayed from a character as I see Lucas show when in a scene with Brooke. He was no longer the shy lonely kid that stuck to his own small group. Brooke brought out another side of him, a more wild side if you will. He was daring and he was fun. We saw Lucas make some huge mistakes, but that's part of Life. Lucas learned from his cheating mistake which made him a better person in the long run. Brooke taught him that not all things in life are easy and when you make a mistake you have to live with the consequences. Lucas saw that when he had to fight to win back Brooke's trust. So all in all the thing I love most about my favorite couple is that yes they've grown so much from being with each other that they are just good people when together."

"What I love the most about BL is how they make each other better people. Before Brooke started dating Lucas, she was the girl equivalent of a player and she had never settled down for a long time before him. She had even told Peyton that he meant everything to her. Brooke had never been honest before but with Lucas, he brought the good in her out."

"What I love about them is that they are really different from each other but at the same time they're the same. They’re the opposite of each other but together they become complete. Brooke brings the quality of not taking everything so serious and having the world on your shoulder into the relationship while Lucas brings in the opposite aspect. The fact that they're not perfect together on paper makes them all the more compatible when seeing the two characters together on screen. Because people aren't perfect, relationships aren't perfect and neither is love. They put a smile on my face and joy in my heart when I think and see them together and that’s how I know I love them and always will."

"If I had my way, I would have season 5 open with Brooke, Lucas, and Peyton having all lost touch with each other over the 4 years they’ve been a college. That way it could be an even playing field for both Leyton and Brucas shippers. I think that Lucas' novel will probably play a big role in who he ends up with. I would also like to see Lucas rescue Brooke for a change (hence their conversation in 2.18). Leyton never got resolved in season 1, and because of that, Brooke always had an underlying fear that Lucas would one day dump her for Peyton. So she beat him to the punch and dumped him first. She knows that until they explore their feelings, she’ll never be able to fully trust either of them, despite how much she might want to. She’s waiting to see if he’ll fight for her like he promised. So basically, I want to see Leyton get resolved, and I want to see OTH end with Brucas/Jeyton/Naley!"

" Obviously, being a huge BL fan I want to see them back together as a couple. But, right now I think that them building a friendship up is more important. That way WHEN BL do get back together, because they WILL it wont be rushed, or a spare of the moment thing, it will have built up over time."

"Well right now things are pretty screwed up, and one thing that I have always enjoyed about Brucas is that they aren’t rushed. So I would like a realistic and well built up reunion. I think the thing about Leyton is that they are not right at all for one another and they need to realize this. They need closure in order for Lucas to move on with Brooke and Peyton to move on with Jake. So I would like them to get this closure free from other people, by deciding it between the two of them, coming to realize that all they have is a loving friendship. I would like Brooke to leave at the end of season four and go on to become a successful fashion designer. I would like Lucas to be having doubts about letting her go and for him to kiss her when she says goodbye to him. I would like him to beg her to stay and say that he is confused about what he wants, but he knows he needs her here with him. Then I would like her to say, against what her heart is saying, “Go back to Peyton.” Then she could leave and it would be very emotional. If before season five skips a few years I would like many of the cast to have left Tree Hill and returned different people from before. I would like Leyton to have gotten their closure and for Brooke to feel a lot more secure in herself. Lucas realizes what a mistake he has made and when Brooke comes back to Tree Hill all of his old feelings resurface. He chases her, similar to season two and season three, but she is even more wary of him this time. He eventually wins her over by making the biggest gesture to show his commitment that he could – he proposes. In the last ever episode of OTH I would love a Brucas wedding, and for Peyton to be pregnant with Jakes child, from a one night stand a few months back. Then Jeyton get back together, things are perfect, lol. I can dream can’t I?"

These last ten episodes have been by far the hardest to watch for me as a BLer, mostly because we hardly haven’t had a single BL-scene. But in a strange way, the lack of closeness between them lately has made their love even stronger in my eyes. When the love between two people is strong, break-ups are hard to suffer through and they needed their time apart. My wishes now, for the rest of this season and for the possible 5th season is a slow build up. From hardly talking at all, to being friends, starting to confide in each other again, and then returning to the love that never fully disappeared. Because I know we will have BL back together again. Preferably after collage when they have pined for each other for ages. I just really wish that Mark would stop destroying the memory we have of the previous seasons and that he’ll make there reunion as real and believable as in s2.

"I'm not a love at first sight type of person but with Brooke/Lucas I have to admit it was love at first sight. The first One Tree Hill episode I ever watched was episode 1.03 - Are You True? And when Brooke appeared in Lucas back-seat with that dimple smile and the naughty look on her face and he looked really embarrassed and shy my heart literally stopped but in a good way and I thought "these two are just so opposite that they would be perfect together!" and with that they’ve kept it interesting together ever since. It's the surprises, crazy and unpredictable things with them that never makes it boring to watch. I’ve cried, laughed, prayed, smiled and everything in between from that episode and forward just because of these two characters. Here I am 4 years later and every time they have a scene together it feels like the first time, it’s refreshing and I feel good."

"I started watching OTH about half way through season two. The first episode I ever watched was the one after Lucas had seen Brooke and Felix kissing when he was going to tell her how he felt. I instantly fell in love with the show and with Brucas. From that first episode I have always loved this couple, the chemistry was clear for me to see from the first time I ever watched. But after watching season one, I think I would have loved them from the beginning, because their first date in the bar – can you say hott! Brucas are my main reason for watching OTH, without them the show loses so much of its spark."

"If I am completely honest I will have to say in episode 1.09 With Arms Outstretched is when I fell in love with BL. That's when it all really began for them. We saw Lucas actually have fun in that episode and we saw that it was Brooke Davis that brought that out in him. We saw that even though they weren't into the same things they got along. To keep this honesty thing going I will also say that another thing I loved about that episode was the steamy first kiss we all saw. I can say without any doubt that that was the best make out scene I have ever seen on television. You could just see the on screen chemistry between the two of them. It was oozing out. I fell in love with that couple that episode and have been ever since. You gotta love Gretchen and Henry. I will keep this question going and say that after the whole cheating fiasco I thought Lucas didn't deserve Brooke, but he proved me wrong. I once again fell in love with the couple when Lucas got Brooke's parents to let her stay in Tree Hill to finish out the school year. We all could see that Lucas was completely in love with the girl behind the red door and would do anything for her. If there ever was a meant to be in love couple it is Brooke and Lucas."

"I have to say the moment I started shipping them was in S1, after Brucas joined forces to save Peyton at the college party. The chemistry they had together while caring for Peyton showed so much as they got to know each other better. I think it was then Brooke and Lucas fell in love with each other without knowing it."

"The moment they started actually talking to each other, when we started to have a little glare at Brooke's real side, how she was sweet and a good person and the reason of her showing this was Lucas. That was the start. And it just improved from there. The way they were so happy seeing eachother, how Brooke for the first time wanted to have a serious relationship with someone and it evolved. The peek for me was the last BL scene in episode 2x23; with the song Wires by Athlete{a REAL BL song} and Lucas' need to tell Brooke the truth before she left, how it was important to him and how that affected Brooke, how she wanted to say she felt the same way but how she was scared to have her heart broken by someone who meant so much to her. After that BL was it for me; they're my no.1 ship, no doubt, nothing could make me like them more and see how they were meant to be, how it was real and how nothing could beat it."

"Hope. Hope that there is something out there worth fighting for. Most people never find that kind of love and knowing that it is out there if you’re willing to cling onto it is inspiring. And for me it kind of feels like the happy ending that Chad and Sophia never got. I just find the relationship very relatable and for me it’s just a realistic look at real love."
"It means One Tree Hill for me because of course I love the concept of the show and everything that it is but the main reason I was so drawn to One Tree Hill was because I immediately fell in love with the character of Brooke and Brucas. I tune in every week with the hope of Brucas even though it’s not happening right now. When they're not together it seriously is like a huge blow to me because the show just isn’t the same for me without them together."

"Well one particular phrase springs to mind “People who are meant to be together always find their way in the end”. That line has become a motto for all Brucasers, and it’s so ironic that at that time Brooke didn’t know how right she would be about her and Lucas’s relationship. This is going to sound unbelievably cheesy, but I guess they give me faith. They make me believe in true love – not the kind of Hollywood love that people talk about in fairytales. True love is hard, it doesn’t solve any problems, in fact it often makes things harder. But true love awakens something in someone that they didn’t even know was there – they fight for it, because somehow it means more than anything else. When Lucas chased Brooke the way that he did, I loved him so much, and you could tell she meant so much to him because he couldn’t walk away, even though it would have been easier for him to do. Something about them is so believable and I guess that’s due to Chad and Sophia and what they bring to the parts. I think it’s really sad that their marriage broke down, and that would make acting together really difficult, but I don’t see it affecting their performance in a bad way. Both have been really professional about it and the acting in season three was incredibly realistic and moving. I think bringing personal feelings to their parts is something they have both been amazing at, and props to both of them. I often feel really encouraged by other Brucas fans – the fanbase is huge, and we refuse to give up. Looking at my fan fiction profile I have 80 plus other Brucas writers on my favourites list. We encourage each other, and so many people taking the time to fight for one cause has got to mean something, right?"

"I love the fact that they're so different and that makes them complete each other. The qualities that they don’t possess the other are able to fill and it makes them unified together. There’s just this huge spark between them and its electrifying!"

"I think Brooke and Lucas complete each other.Lucas is Brooke's life saver, he changed her way of life regarding men and sex. Lucas showed Brooke that love exists in a pure form and that he could sweep her off her feet. Lucas kept Brooke serious if she got too crazy. On the other hand, Brooke showed Lucas how passionate and deep love was. While he kept her serious, she kept him easygoing and showed him how to have fun."

"Why I think Brooke and Lucas are meant to be?! Cause they bring the best in each other. Lucas made Brooke see that there’s much more out there than one night stands and parties. She made him see that it’s ok to have some fun sometimes. He brings her down to earth and she lifts him up. Lucas made her respect herself and not getting low to get the things she wanted. She learned to fight and to help people. He made her a better person.
Brooke made, actually, she makes him smile. And I guess that’s the best thing someone can do to another person. You can see he looks happier with her. And even if they’re opposite they still are very alike. Long story short, Brooke and Lucas bring the best out in each other, he makes her slow down and she makes him enjoy life a bit more, having the perfect combination. Oh, and last but not least. He made the shot! It's destiny, right?"

"I think Lucas and Brooke are perfect for one another because they both bring out the best in each other. Lucas was so serious before he met Brooke and then once he did, he loosened up a lot more and had fun. She brings out the corny, fun side of Lucas. And for Brooke, Lucas made her a better person even though he hurt her before. He made her see when she had to be serious and that she wasn't just some girl who slept around with guys and got drunk every night. That there was so much more to her then that. And when they are together, it's like it's where they WANT to be, and where they SHOULD be. That's what's truly important, that they bring out the best in each other and along with that, love each other very, very much."

"Wow – things that I love about Brucas. Where do I start? First of all they have such amazing chemistry. Obviously they do physically, as they just look perfect together, when they kiss its so hott, when they flirt you just smile and laugh – they are just great together. But they also have amazing emotional chemistry – when they say things you believe them. When they said “I love you” to one another, I really did believe it. I think a lot of it may be to do with Chad and Sophia’s history, because they were a couple and they naturally go together so well. But that is just another dimension of the relationship that I love. I think that the real life couples past make the acting even more full of emotion and believable and you can really feel them meaning what they say to one another. They have handled things so well, with a lot of dignity and I really feel that Brucas will be together in the end because they do not let their personal lives interfere with their work. Another thing I love Lucas for in the relationship is what we Brucasers like to call the look. He gets this amazing look in his eyes that he only ever has when he looks at Brooke, it just makes your heart melt. It’s really difficult trying to explain what you love about a couple that is just so perfect for one another. I guess I could sum it up in this quote “the heart wants what it wants”. Basically, our hearts want Brucas!!"

"I think the fact that Brooke and Lucas are polar opposites makes for interesting viewing but I think the thing that makes them so perfect for one another is that they helped make each other better people. Before Lucas came along Brooke was trying to be what everyone else wanted her to be, and Lucas helped her to become the person she wanted to be. And, I think before Brooke came along Lucas was very much to himself, he was surrounded with drama. And, Brooke helped him to see the hope in life and she got him to realize that things aren’t always as bad as they seem."

"There is the phrase, "opposites attract", and in the case of these two it couldn’t be any more obvious. The chemistry between the two characters is incredible, from the lustful stares to the pretty kisses and cuddles. Brooke is "cheery", and Lucas is her "broody". Two completely different people yet over the four seasons that have been aired, they have both changed each other for the better. they have both had their hearts broken by the other, which has made them think that they are not meant to be; but love needs to be tested before it can be undying... Brooke is a character that we have come to learn does not show her feelings to many; however Lucas is one of the special people she can trust. Brooke and Lucas have spent so long together, with so many gestures of love, that they cannot be forgotten just like that."

"It's really hard to choose because they're all so special and give you such a heartwarming feeling watching them. But I think my favorite was after they're fight at the wedding and they danced to Boston. They just both seemed so vulnerable and without telling him what was on her mind they just got each other. And they're kiss just made that moment so much better. That’s my absolute favorite moment."

"My favorite BL moment. I’d say it’s the make out session on Lucas dream the end of Second Season but it’s just them making out. In a very hot way! So, hot’s the word for BL but I need a scene that says much more, you know?! Then I guess it’s the scene on Keith’s wedding when she’s telling Lucas she’s going away for California. Why? Well, let’s see. In that same moment Lucas knew he could lose her forever and he decided to do anything and everything he could to make sure it wouldn’t happen. And when he went with “What are we gonna do?”?! Even though that wasn’t his problem and there was not a ‘we’ he decided it was his problem as well and that there was a “we”. He didn’t call Peyton, her best friend, to help him out and make sure she’d stay. He didn’t call Haley, his best friend, to help him out and figure what he could do to make her stay. He decided that he had to do something to make her stay. And he had to help her. He had to make her see he was there and that she needed to know he didn’t want her to leave. That scene was the start of BL again, in a romantic way. The things he did to make sure she’d stay? You only do that to your best friend and to the people you care way too much. We know BL weren’t best friends. We could say they were friends, not best friends. So that leaves us with “Lucas cared way too much about Brooke to let her go."

"For me, I loved where they were dancing at Naley’s wedding. That scene was acted so beautifully – seriously Chad and Sophia should be so proud of that scene. I guess it wasn’t the happiest moment for Brucas, but the body language was so well acted that you could see just what they were thinking. Brooke knew she was going to have to let him go if things were to ever work out between them, and you could see she didn’t want to. The way that she pressed herself into his chest and he cradled her, like at the back of his mind he knew what was going to happen. I guess I liked that it glorified Brucas, because it showed how tragic and yet beautiful they are all at once."

"Not a fan of season four at all. I don’t really understand what’s meant to be going on because everyone seems so out of character and many of the storylines don’t really seem to make sense. The main thing that I’m not enjoying is the lack of Brucas scenes – even as friends they’ve had like one scene. And obviously I’m not a fan of Leyton at all – not only that I find them being together ridiculous considering their behavior in past seasons. I also feel like Brooke is getting a lot of storylines which make her look bad, and many of the storylines are very farfetched. For example the sex tape thing, which came out of nowhere, and doesn’t fit in with any of the previous seasons. I’m hoping that Mark has a big plan up his sleeve where things are not all as they seem, but I guess I will have to wait and see. One thing I would like to say to Mark is – I don’t like season four and I do miss Brucas so much. But thank you for three great previous seasons (genuinely) and for making me love this show so much. And if three seasons is all I get, then those three seasons were amazing and mean more to me than any other show. I’m proud of the Brucas history and thank you for making that full of amazing moments that made me smile like a goofy idiot while I watched them!"

"I have to say, I'm not the happiest about what is going on between Lucas and Brooke this season. But, I am always going to be a supporter of them, because I truly believe that they are meant for each other. I would be happy if there were more scenes between them and if they were extremely close friends for this season. And even though they aren't together this season, there's always that quote that rolls around "People who are meant for each other always find each other in the end.""
"I honestly think it's sad. We've barely had any interaction at all. We’ve had to witness Brooke walking in on Leyton making out and having to witness them on her birthday. My heart broke for her by the way. When Brucas was together we didn’t get nearly as much screen time and now we have none at all and it's really hard to go week to week without having them even look at each other. It’s been a really tough season to get through b/c we just haven't had any of our Brucas hopes fulfilled as a couple and if we couldn't have that this season we were really hoping for a great friendship and we didn’t even get that."

"Personally, I think it feels like season 2 and 3 have been completely forgotten about. For example, in 408, Brooke and Lucas decided that as their love wasn't like Whitey and Camilla's... what happened to "you’re the girl for me Brooke Davis" "I love you" and then the rain scene, in 'the wind that blew my heart away' "I love you not Peyton" and all the reasons why he loved Brooke? And how, in 2x17, Lucas says of Brooke when he is on the verge of losing her, "now I can't even imagine life without her." and this was before they had their proper relationship. I don’t think that BL fans are especially angry about LP, because everybody knew that there were issues that needed to be resolved between the two of them. But it was the way it was done; in one episode and completely unbelievable. This added to the fact that 4x15 was the first Brucas scene there had been for a LONG time. A couple that means so much to so many people does not deserve this."

Archie & Veronica
Brooke & Lucas Dylan & Brenda