View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
heartღaflutter
Fan Forum Star

It was good to see Lorelai in a non-relationship related storyline for once these past few seasons, since the past few seasons that's what Lorelai's life has been all about.. Love!
Well basically she still has been dealing with love, but in a different way. This was truly an ep about mother/daughters.. Lots of Rory/Lorelai scenes which I enjoyed.. Love them to pieces of course.. The teaser was really great and funny and it kind of set the episode up and what we could expect.

The minute though that Zack invited Luke to the party I knew it! LL scene and boy was I right (along with many other viewers I assume..) It was a short but meaningful scene.. Things change and they have changed this past season..

We can actually say that Lorelai has grown. I think this season she's regretting more and more the dreadful relationship she had with her mother and more and more we get to see meaningful moments between them. Which IMO started last season in 6.21, so I'm glad that Dave build something out of that, especially if this will be the last season of Gilmore Girls. Lane and Mrs. Kim were funny though and it was nice see Lorelai telling Lane about how you can't control what they like, like Mrs. Kim couldn't stop Lane from loving music and putting CD's under the floor and like how she can't stop her kids from going to church, or otherwise they might put bibles under the floor. I also love Zach more and more this season, which is weird because I have never been such a fan of Zach in previous seasons. Rory getting a job interview was also a sweet deal.. It was interesting to see her all fedd up about it, and talking about it with Lorelai who was proud and the bald men conversation LOL I'm glad it went well but I would loved to seen the actual interview. THough i don't know where it should have fitted in the ep. Aww.. Lorelai's pained look when townies talked about Christopher.. That was sad.. Loved the townies though.. It was good to see everyone there at the party.
and how cute was it when Lane asked Rory to be their kids' godmothers or 'their Lorelai Gilmore' as she put it..

Onto the subject of Rory and Logan.. I don't like that logan didn't tell Rory for a few weeks (my guess is that we have to assume that a few weeks have gone by since the last ep, which makes sense because the timeline seemed very short with the eps 12 - 15) so it was good to see them move forward a few weeks later. But yes Logan was wrong, and he apologized. I get that Rory didn't like that Logan went to Vegas with his friends, but I'm glad she understood why he needed to do that.. Though I'm sure it will be brought up at a latter point.
Drunk Logan was cute though.. and it's a different side of Logan that we see now.. Dealing with failure.. It will be interesting to see how they'll go on with that.

Kirk and Luke were hilarious with the boat btw (liked Liz' her speech too! and it seems to make Luke realize that he doesn't want to turn out like his dad)..

Kirk: Word on the street is you're selling your boat.
Luke: I called you, Kirk.
Kirk: Yeah, well I was on the street when you called.

LMAO Kirk cracked me up several times!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote