Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore? Discussion

Oops. I'm so used to Roxy starting the episode thread that I didn't notice there wasn't one.

Quote:
While she is in the midst of planning Lane's baby shower, Rory gets a long-awaited call from The New York Times offering her an informational interview. Lorelai takes over the shower-planning duties, and finds herself brokering peace between Lane and Mrs. Kim over how Lane plans to raise her twins. Logan finally admits his business disaster to Rory, who offers him her full support, but when Logan announces that he is flying to Las Vegas to blow off steam with his old college pals Colin and Finn, Rory is disappointed and worried. When Luke discovers that Liz and T.J. are trying to sell his boat, he decides to make some changes in his life and take April on a long boat trip over the summer. Finally, Lane is put on bed-rest and must be wheeled through Stars Hollow in her bed to attend the shower at Miss Patty's.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

So noone commented yet on this? It wasn't that bad.

I loved Lorelai Mrs Kim Lane. That's so paralleling Lorelai Emily. I wish they had a Lorelai Gilmore. I really think they're setting it up as the last season. Lorelai saying Lane does love and respect her mom is nearly saying she does that as well. I like that she's finally seeing how connected Mrs Kim and Emily are (in S4 when Lane stayed with her she didn't). Liked it when she said Emily missed so much - she seemed to regret it too.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was good to see Lorelai in a non-relationship related storyline for once these past few seasons, since the past few seasons that's what Lorelai's life has been all about.. Love!
Well basically she still has been dealing with love, but in a different way. This was truly an ep about mother/daughters.. Lots of Rory/Lorelai scenes which I enjoyed.. Love them to pieces of course.. The teaser was really great and funny and it kind of set the episode up and what we could expect.

The minute though that Zack invited Luke to the party I knew it! LL scene and boy was I right (along with many other viewers I assume..) It was a short but meaningful scene.. Things change and they have changed this past season..

We can actually say that Lorelai has grown. I think this season she's regretting more and more the dreadful relationship she had with her mother and more and more we get to see meaningful moments between them. Which IMO started last season in 6.21, so I'm glad that Dave build something out of that, especially if this will be the last season of Gilmore Girls. Lane and Mrs. Kim were funny though and it was nice see Lorelai telling Lane about how you can't control what they like, like Mrs. Kim couldn't stop Lane from loving music and putting CD's under the floor and like how she can't stop her kids from going to church, or otherwise they might put bibles under the floor. I also love Zach more and more this season, which is weird because I have never been such a fan of Zach in previous seasons. Rory getting a job interview was also a sweet deal.. It was interesting to see her all fedd up about it, and talking about it with Lorelai who was proud and the bald men conversation LOL I'm glad it went well but I would loved to seen the actual interview. THough i don't know where it should have fitted in the ep. Aww.. Lorelai's pained look when townies talked about Christopher.. That was sad.. Loved the townies though.. It was good to see everyone there at the party.
and how cute was it when Lane asked Rory to be their kids' godmothers or 'their Lorelai Gilmore' as she put it..

Onto the subject of Rory and Logan.. I don't like that logan didn't tell Rory for a few weeks (my guess is that we have to assume that a few weeks have gone by since the last ep, which makes sense because the timeline seemed very short with the eps 12 - 15) so it was good to see them move forward a few weeks later. But yes Logan was wrong, and he apologized. I get that Rory didn't like that Logan went to Vegas with his friends, but I'm glad she understood why he needed to do that.. Though I'm sure it will be brought up at a latter point.
Drunk Logan was cute though.. and it's a different side of Logan that we see now.. Dealing with failure.. It will be interesting to see how they'll go on with that.

Kirk and Luke were hilarious with the boat btw (liked Liz' her speech too! and it seems to make Luke realize that he doesn't want to turn out like his dad)..

Kirk: Word on the street is you're selling your boat.
Luke: I called you, Kirk.
Kirk: Yeah, well I was on the street when you called.

LMAO Kirk cracked me up several times!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry, Jenna! I was away until today.

Wow, no comments on this episode? Um... I was sort of bored by it. It wasn't horrible. I loved the baby shower and Mrs. Kim, of course.

I would've like more out of Rory's NYT storyline. It seemed kind of pointless, other than to establish that she may get the fellowship. I think I would've liked it better had we seen her meet the interviewer. We didn't need to see the interview, but seeing her find him would have been nice.

Luke selling his dad's boat was sad, but it's probably better that he let it go if he wasn't going to use it. Besides, the boat he bought sounds a thousand times nicer.

I was disappointed in Logan's behavior but understand why he's acting the way he is. I hope he snaps out of it soon though because I don't have that much patience.

That's pretty much it. I'm looking forward to next week's episode. Hopefully it doesn't feel so slow.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked this episode! It was just nice to have a fun, quirky episode after the soap opera this season has been. It had some awesome townie interaction. I loved when Mrs. Patty asked Lorelai about how she's dealing with the divorce and Lulu, Gypsy, and Babette all curiously looked up at the same time.
conan vs bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I also love Zach more and more this season, which is weird because I have never been such a fan of Zach in previous seasons.
Me too.

Quote:
It was good to see everyone there at the party.
and how cute was it when Lane asked Rory to be their kids' godmothers or 'their Lorelai Gilmore' as she put it..
I didn't understand it as a godmother, but more as someone who's mending the fences should she ever fight with her boys. But then that's probably part of the job of a godmother.

I also was sad Luke sold his boat.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Master Fan

I was bored at the beginning, but I loved the end. The party was awesome, and I loved Lane & Rory at the end.
BrokenxDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked it. I really think Keiko Agena is one of the best ones in this show, she has something special to her.
It looked kinda fun to be rolled around in that bed. Hee!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I have to say I really liked this episode. I was able to laugh and it felt like home.

Lorelai was wonderful this episode. It was great to see how she tried to reconcile Mrs Kim and Lane. She realizes how important it is for a mother to be involved in her childs growing up. Something she always denied her own mother. (I am not only blaming Lorelai. Emily and Lorelai both caused the situation they are now in!).
Maybe Lorelai even regrets it a little bit, that her own mother never had the chance to participate in Rory's early years. We are finally having some progress in the L/E relationship and that is good!

I never thought I would care much for Lane and Zach, but I do. I actually loved Zach last episode. He is gonna be a great father, a little unconventional but nontheless great and caring. Though he is still a little immature he is doing his best to make everything work and that is more than what some other fathers are doing.

Lane asking Rory: Will you be my Lorelai Gilmore? Sweet. They are still really good friends.

I even enjoyed Kirk tonihgt.

The LL scene: short but really sweet. Though I am a little sad that Luke sold his boat. But I have to agree with Liz that Luke was never really able to move forward and make spontaneous decisions. And the boat worked as a symbol for that.

The baby shower was great. And in the end when everyone was singing with the band my heart melted. A great GG end. And a little bitter sweet.
"You jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."
Ray Bradbury
Aupah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Aww I couldn't find this thread, I would have commented sooner if I did

I really loved the episode, it was so light hearted, really good break from all the drama this season.

Logan is being an idiot, just because he lost at something, doesn't mean he has to get drunk and involve himself with Colin and Finn again If he does have to involve himself with them, why do they have to go to las vegas? I have a feeling he's going to cheat on Rory, just an assumtion but it really seems like that!

I'm really glad Rory got a call from that new york guy, I was laughing my head off when she is sitting at that table surrounded by bald guys though

Lorelai, Lane and Mrs. Kim were great. It was nice to see Lorelai as the peace maker. I loved Lorelais speach to Mrs. Kim on how she doesn't want her to miss out on stuff like her mom missed out, really nice to see how hurt Lorelai is that she doesn't have a good relationship with Emily!

I hate Liz and TJ for getting Luke to sell his boat!!! That ticked me off sooo bad And doing it behind his back non the less!! That was HIS boat, his dads boat! They had no right to make him sell! He worked so hard on that thing for so long and he never got to use it! Oh well, he sold it to Kirk which means it shouldn't be so hard to get back....... well for the right price of course! Well more like for the unfair price!

I loved the baby shower, them rolling her through the town was flippin hilarious! Man that looked like fun!!
Aww Lane and Rory soooo sweet! I loved that Lane asked Rory to be her Lorelai Gilmore, that was so sweet! Goes to show how much Lane appreciates both the girls!

The last scene between her and Luke was so sweet. Aww I love Luke whenever he talks about Rory, he is so sweet, now THAT is a true father!
Things change Such a sad conversation! Aww and the picture of Rory and Lane was so cute!!! I loved it!

I really liked the last scene where they are singing to Lane and Lorelai is just staring at everyone with a smile on her face. Very sweet!

All in All, it was a very good episode!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

I am so mad because some how I didn't notice that my VCR came un plugged so I didn't get any of the show. I hope they show it when they hiatus comes so I can see it soon.

GRRR!!
Melina Kanakaredes
lovinlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

The beggining of the episode was boring. When luke arrived at the shower, now, there, the climax had come, at last.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Logan decided to stop being Mitchum's employee. That's a big step for Logan.