View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 12:02 PM
lemon tart
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by damselfly (View Post)
I think he probably finds it by chance. However, finding it is one thing, but reading it after he finds it is snooping.
We're agreeing again! But the context of what I quoted is that he's snooping when he finds the letter. I don't think finding a letter in your own house, possibly in your own bedroom, would qualify as snooping. Even if it's your wife's drawer you've opened. People that live together do tend to mix up their laundry, a sock or pair of underwear goes stray. So unless he knows about the letter beforehand I wouldn't put the finding of the letter in the category of *snooping*, which I don't think he does at this point, since we've been shown Lorelai not wanting to tell him about it.

After is a different matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachypeep (View Post)
I do want Rory to have it all, I just liked my title better. That okay with you?
It is. Sorry, I didn't notice you'd suggested a thread title. I scrolled through the voting pages very quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voncey (View Post)
The ep description says the scene is more than he can handle. It doesn't necessarily mean he walks out for good. He could also throw a temper tantrum. Or walk out and come back later grovelling.
True, he could come back and grovel. Or it could be something closer to the mutual thing that many have specced about before the spoiler was released.

I've always thought Chris's confidence in his & Lorelai's relationship is his belief that she's always felt about his exactly how he feels about her, just their timing has been off. I don't see him grovelling, he's too arrogant for that. Once he realizes he's not her first, last & always, I don't see him coming back. Which is where my belief that he's the initiator comes from. And I think the ep descrips back that up.