View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
SnowyScrewYou
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmartinez55 (View Post)
Wow. It has been so long since I have been here. I have been trying to keep up with you guys but it's been hard. As a result, some of this may repeat stuff. GG used to be one of my favorite shows and it's hard to see the direction that it going in. The stuff Auselio said is especially bothersome. The bottom-line problem that I am having is that non of this is believable to me. ASP went through alot of trouble to show Chris as this really squirmy, self-centered loser who feels like his place as Rory's father usurps everything else in Lorelai's life. Fine, she and Luke break-up, for manufactured reasons that I also don't follow with respect to the storyline and character development, and then she jumps in the sack with Chris the same night? My mind cannot process that. I also am having difficulty understanding how a 38 year old woman can be so, I don't know...I can't find a word for it. After everything Luke has done, his investment in the Dragonfly and all the money he put into her house for them to live their together, this all just seems so....disrespectful?? Is that the right word? I'm not sure but it is very incongruent. I did not watch alot of the last part of last season and I probably won't watch this season either unless I see some sort of development in the Lorelai character that will allow me to sympathize more. I couldn't sympathize at all in the finale and I'll have to wait and see how this all pans out. But for the meantime I'll probably just catch Bones. I hope that I can make my way back eventually. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
100% agreement with you.

Quote:
I also am having difficulty understanding how a 38 year old woman can be so, I don't know...I can't find a word for it.
Cuckoo for cocoa pops?