View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 11:27 PM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Now watching & audio commentary of this episode which is just done by Dani (can't see her on this either but not surprised since it is just her)

She talks about her decisions while directing the episode, why certain shots were filmed the way they were, ect.

In the first scene when Callen is calling Anna at first she was going to do a wide shot, but found the close ups then wide shot worked better

They had to shoot the scene with the car at the start a few times to make sure they couldn't see Chris (Callen) running behind the car to come up behind it to try work out why they are following him

This is supposedly the first episode where they've done a bird's eye view of someone entering a building

If you pay attention to the shots when the agent is talking to Callen in the interrogation room you always can see part of her when the camera just is looking at Callen. Dani did that to show how she was encroaching on his life & she wanted her to become more visible as the scene progressed

Dani points out a continuity mistake (on her part) - when Deeks arrives & asks to be alone with Callen, the lady is holding files in her hand but when you next see her trying to listen in through the door she's holding a cup of coffee. Dani wanted her to be holding a coffee while listening, but only a few minutes had passed. So unlikely she went & put the files down & got a coffee in that time.

For the phone conversation between Kensi & Deeks with her telling him to go to Kirkin, when they filmed ECO she was reading the lines so he'd know how she was reacting & what she was going to do so he could play/react to it better. Since obviously a phone call is filmed separately as they are different sets (Dani said they filmed those scenes on different days). There were two endings for the phone conversation - one was it appearing that he hung up on her, the other with the scripted line 'That's right, I am. I'm your little honeypot.'. The editor was able to combine both endings so they got both.

Dani had filmed the motorcycle as coming in the distance while Kilbride was on the film with Sam, but they ended up cutting all that out so it went to the (scripted) surprise motorcycle appearance

They had to edit the ambulance windows as when they filmed it the reflection of the entire crew was visible

ECO improv - "I'm allergic to cashmere" also his responses to Kirkin saying "they fired you". ECO came up with two, so they edited to make it seem like Kirkin said his line twice, but really he only said it once. That way they got to use both of ECO's responses

Way to remove Kensi from the scene so Dani could direct & not act - put Kensi under a sheet as a dead body, then make her go to the bathroom when she has been revealed

Just after Kensi leaves in that scene Deeks has a line, then he makes a sound (oo-uh?) at the end. The lines were scripted, but that sound is ECO improvising

Dani's first scenes to film are Callen & the pilot guy in the interrogation (so the scene just after the scene I described above)

ECO decided to hit things & go over the top with Deeks pretending to be tortured. Dani: "at that point you just let the camera follow, just let him do his thing"

Dani: "hmm, Kensi's back from the bathroom" She'd gone quiet for a while & then said that

That's just some of the comments she's made, she said a lot more. She also pointed out two times her husband appeared

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote