View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 07:35 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarianx01 (View Post)
I love this idea. A revival. A brief film. I mean if Veronica Mars could do it, why can't Everwood? Let's phone Greg Berlanti I think I'd want Andy to be alone. He's had enough heartbreak! I'd like to imagine he hangs out with Harold and Rose, Edna, and maybe is the guardian of Sam With that said, how is his relationship with Carl? Is Carl a part of this show, or is he waved away?

If this revival takes place today, the characters are:
Bright: 33
Ephram/Amy: 32
Hannah: ...I guess she's still on the show 31
Delia: 26 (how? )
Sam: 23-ish (if we imagine him to be 8 or 9 when the show ends?)
Harold/Rose: 62
Andy: 62
Edna: 86 (?)

So does the next generation have kids? Do we imagine them with significant others, or single?

Also, someone please correct me if my math is off I am terrible at it.
I like this idea! Actually, the actress who played Edna, Debra Mooney, is 73 now. She was only 55 when the show started, which surprises me as she looked a lot older than that on the show. They may have aged her for the part like they aged the actress who played Grams on Dawson's Creek, Mary Beth Peil, who was 58 when Dawson's Creek started. So for the purpose of the show, Edna being 86 sounds about right, and the ages of the other characters sound about right too. In real life, Treat Williams (Andy) is 69, and Tom Amandes (Harold) is 71, and Merrilyn Gann (Rose) is 57.

I love your comment about Hannah! Maybe she'd be less annoying by now!

I would think that Karl would play no part in a revival of the show as we never saw him again after him and Nina split up.

On a side note, Debra Mooney totally reminds me of a former co-worker and friend that I had years ago. She looked a lot like Debra Mooney, and she had that same gruff smoker's voice (I don't know if Debra Mooney smoked, but she sounded like she smoked four packs of cigarettes a day! ) and she had the same type of pushy and outgoing personality that Edna had.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote