Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Total Fan

KaraDox [Kara/Supergirl & Querl Dox/Brainiac-5] #1: “I'm really starting to like Brainy. If we survive this, maybe I'll get a chance to tell him..."

KARA/SUPERGIRL & QUERL DOX/BRAINIAC-5

Welcome to the Kara Zor-el (Danvers)/Brainiac-5 appreciation thread.

Kara’s relationship with Brainiac-5 has literally spanned centuries in the comics and has been Kara’s most significant romantic relationship since she first appeared all those decades ago as Superman’s cousin. It has survived through several reboots and various incarnations of both characters and will, most likely, survive through many more.

With Brainiac-5 now a regular character on the Supergirl TV show, perhaps we may yet see another incarnation of this iconic comic book couple come to life.

FANS:
1) Elektra
2) MagnusBane
3) eternalfate

Last edited by Elektra; 09-29-2019 at 01:22 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

tftnt
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT.

Finally a Kara ship I can get behind. Chemistry x interesting story = my ship.

I've always been Iris West-Allen. I've always been yours.
SydneyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Please add me.

I see the potential!
One day I'll know, how far I'll go
MagnusBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBane (View Post)
Please add me.

I see the potential!
Added.

If anyone wants me to add them, let me know

Anyone else hoping to see Kara and Brainy enjoying a Star Wars marathon in season four? And Kara in general helping Brainy acclimate to the 21st Century?

Last edited by Elektra; 06-23-2018 at 05:24 PM
Old 06-24-2018, 03:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes. I want to see them sitting on a couch with popcorn and Kara introducing him to Star Wars and other pop culture movies.

Seeing them have conversations about being yourself, Kara saying she sees and accepts him.

Something like this.

I feel bad for Brainy. That he was so quick to hide himself after his incident.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:49 AM
Total Fan

Buffy!

B:TVS is one of the few shows I've rewatched more than once (the others being Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and Star Trek: TNG).

Quote:
Yes. I want to see them sitting on a couch with popcorn and Kara introducing him to Star Wars and other pop culture movies.
Then Brainy starts pointing out all the scientific inconsistencies, much to Kara's chagrin. This can be a running theme throughout the season (they can watch a different SW movie each time). Finally she gets him to shut up and just enjoy the movies, but not before we get a few laughs out of it .

Quote:
I feel bad for Brainy. That he was so quick to hide himself after his incident.
There are three things this show can - and should - have Brainy and Kara bond over: 1) Hiding their true selves because humans would be afraid of them; 2) Losing their worlds and their families; and 3) Being stuck in a place that is like the "dark ages" for them as far as tech (Brainy) and science (Kara) go.

I'm going to be really disappointed with the writing team if they don't write a small story arc showing Kara (whose motto is "Hope, Help, and Compassion for all") helping Brainy cope with his new circumstances, since the show just spent several episodes having her come to terms with the same thing.

Last edited by Elektra; 06-24-2018 at 08:57 AM
Old 06-24-2018, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for creating this thread.

I prefer KaraDox to Kraniac. I'm treading carefully with these two because of the writers when it comes to love interests. Love the discussion and that Bangel gif. I still remember that moment. Kara and Brainy have so much more in common than I realized. This could be the beginning of something beautiful. I would enjoy Kara pursuing and falling for Brainy, unbeknownst or much to his surprise.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I prefer KaraDox to Kraniac. I'm treading carefully with these two because of the writers when it comes to love interests.
Yes, the writers have a history of rushing relationships and implying character development off-screen (I'd rather be shown than told).

I heard, however, that there are going to be some new writers for Season 4, so hopefully they're better at building things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I would enjoy Kara pursuing and falling for Brainy, unbeknownst or much to his surprise.
Maybe we can get some moments in the show where she's starting to like him, but he thinks his feelings are unrequited so he doesn't even bother trying to pursue her. That would fit his character, at least.

At some point, I also want her to start calling him "Querl" rather than Brainy, and him calling her "Kara" rather than Supergirl all the time. It would show a closer bond developing.

On a side note: Can we get a scene like this? (look at his face!)

Last edited by Elektra; 09-29-2019 at 01:23 PM
Old 06-26-2018, 11:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I’m hopeful these new writers will do much better.

That would be sweet because she’s Supergirl, the person he’s admired for so long. He wouldn’t even she could feel that way about him but she does.

Give them a good build up. Let their friendship develop and give them quality time. Their scenes in s3 when she’s trapped in her mind showed they have chemistry. Sharing the story about Streaky. Good stuff!

A funny scene like that is a must. It’s funny that the idea Brainy isn’t masculine enough for Kara has been thrown around. Kara being strong is just who she is. Buffy was always the strongest. The only boyfriend who had an issue with it was Riley.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Total Fan

^^ Oh, I've seen those posts, but Kara never wanted a Superman-esque guy in the comics, she wanted Brainy.

She's always been stronger then him, and he's been totally fine with it, so I don't see why people are claiming he's not suited to her just because he's not over 6ft tall and made of muscle.

There's nothing wrong with Kara being stronger than her boyfriend. Nothing at all! It would actually be really cute

Last edited by Elektra; 09-29-2019 at 01:23 PM
Old 06-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Total Fan

Just to add on to the above, Kara has even carried an injured Superman. He didn't feel emasculated by it.

Also, posting this picture just because :

Last edited by Elektra; 09-29-2019 at 01:24 PM
Old 07-01-2018, 07:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Lovely.

ICAM. One of the things I liked about Supergirl in the early days was her strength wasn't questioned by those closest to her. She battled it with the public view of her vs Clark and her own inner struggle but those closest admired her for it.

Hope the writers are smart and allow them to develop well.

x
Old 07-06-2018, 10:54 PM
Total Fan

Small bit of trivia - in the Elseworld's Mini-series Kingdom Come, there is a character known only as "Brainiac's Daughter". She's a member of the Legion of Superheroes which, in her time, is made up of the original Legionnaires' off-spring.

Her appearance is Coluan, but her powers seem to be Kryptonian-based. She also has a familiar "S" symbol cut into her costume, and a flowy cape.

Unfortunately, she is more a part of the background scenes rather than being a developed character, but I think it's safe to assume who her parents may have been, even though it's never explicitly stated in the book:

Although... I DID find this little tidbit:

Keeping in mind that the TV show appears to be doing the "Red Son/Daughter" storyline based on the last scene in the Season 3 Finale -- which is also an Elseworlds story --- they could very easily do a "daughter from the future" story for Kara and Brainy like The Flash is currently doing for Barry and Iris

Last edited by Elektra; 09-29-2019 at 01:27 PM
Old 07-19-2018, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Last edited by scififan2009; 07-19-2018 at 10:13 AM
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread