View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 08:49 AM
Elektra
Total Fan

Buffy!

B:TVS is one of the few shows I've rewatched more than once (the others being Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and Star Trek: TNG).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBane (View Post)
Yes. I want to see them sitting on a couch with popcorn and Kara introducing him to Star Wars and other pop culture movies.
Then Brainy starts pointing out all the scientific inconsistencies, much to Kara's chagrin. This can be a running theme throughout the season (they can watch a different SW movie each time). Finally she gets him to shut up and just enjoy the movies, but not before we get a few laughs out of it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusBane (View Post)
I feel bad for Brainy. That he was so quick to hide himself after his incident.
There are three things this show can - and should - have Brainy and Kara bond over: 1) Hiding their true selves because humans would be afraid of them; 2) Losing their worlds and their families; and 3) Being stuck in a place that is like the "dark ages" for them as far as tech (Brainy) and science (Kara) go.

I'm going to be really disappointed with the writing team if they don't write a small story arc showing Kara (whose motto is "Hope, Help, and Compassion for all") helping Brainy cope with his new circumstances, since the show just spent several episodes having her come to terms with the same thing.

Last edited by Elektra; 06-24-2018 at 08:57 AM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote