Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2019, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo1770 (View Post)
Oh, I am so happy to have found this forum. I've been a huge Jane/Michael fan since I first discovered this show... which was just last September. I'm so happy to find people who think like I do and relate to how I'm feeling. I'm a subscriber on reddit, but there are so many Michael haters on there, I hate to even post.

So, I'd like to respond to some of the spoilers, but I don't know how that works (I thought I did, but can't figure it out). So if someone could please help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Hey welcome! It's nice to meet new Michael/Jane fans. You can post spoilers by using this code - [sp] [/sp*] without the *.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:43 PM
New Fan

Thank you SweetSymphony.

So first of all let me tell you where I am with this show. I was absolutely devastated when they killed off Michael. It was extremely hard for me to watch any of the episodes after and I would ugly cry at any mention of him (yup, I was that invested!). I got through most of Season 4 but couldn't watch when Jane got back together with Rafael. I did watch the final episode of Season 4 (or to be honest fast forwarded through the entire episode) because I knew Michael was on it. I was so happy to see Michael back, but at the same time, so worried and I'm still worried. I do not want them to ruin his character. BTW, I finally got around to watching all those episodes in Season 4 that I missed in anticipation for Season 5. I wasn't happy about any of it, and I hated watching JR together. I am still TeamMichael and will remain that way until the very end. So I have some theories which are probably wishful thinking, but I can hope. However, some of these theories are based on Spoilers so I'll post these below.

Spoiler:
Old 02-20-2019, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, I am so happy to have found this forum. I've been a huge Jane/Michael fan since I first discovered this show... which was just last September. I'm so happy to find people who think like I do and relate to how I'm feeling. I'm a subscriber on reddit, but there are so many Michael haters on there, I hate to even post.

So, I'd like to respond to some of the spoilers, but I don't know how that works (I thought I did, but can't figure it out). So if someone could please help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Welcome
Old 02-20-2019, 04:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Thank you SweetSymphony.

So first of all let me tell you where I am with this show. I was absolutely devastated when they killed off Michael. It was extremely hard for me to watch any of the episodes after and I would ugly cry at any mention of him (yup, I was that invested!). I got through most of Season 4 but couldn't watch when Jane got back together with Rafael. I did watch the final episode of Season 4 (or to be honest fast forwarded through the entire episode) because I knew Michael was on it. I was so happy to see Michael back, but at the same time, so worried and I'm still worried. I do not want them to ruin his character. BTW, I finally got around to watching all those episodes in Season 4 that I missed in anticipation for Season 5. I wasn't happy about any of it, and I hated watching JR together. I am still TeamMichael and will remain that way until the very end. So I have some theories which are probably wishful thinking, but I can hope. However, some of these theories are based on Spoilers so I'll post these below.

Spoiler:
First of all welcome!

I relate to your frustrations with Rafael. I kept watching through last season but things definitely got boring when they got together. I feel like she choose Michael and not Rafael for valid reasons. I'm not sure what has changed about Rafael. I mean with every bit of maturity and growth it seems like he always slips back again sooner or later.

That said I don't hate Rafael I just know in my heart he is not the person for Jane long-term. If Michael didn't come back I would still want her to not be with Rafael. Keep the focus on co-parenting.

ETA: It would have been cool if Jane supported and helped Rafael with finding his parents without it being a romance storyline. It would have been refreshing.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 02-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That would have been a nice storyline, doesn't seem like the writers care about his real parents though
Old 02-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That would have been a nice storyline, doesn't seem like the writers care about his real parents though
It's a shame because that would have been interesting for me and could of bought some time before we dealt with wether Rafael and Jane should be in a relationship again. How both individually handled themselves through it would have given some heft to any potential reunion.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 02-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
It's a shame because that would have been interesting for me and could of bought some time before we dealt with wether Rafael and Jane should be in a relationship again. How both individually handled themselves through it would have given some heft to any potential reunion.
Yeah, the writers really cop out on his family reasons imo
Old 02-20-2019, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:
Welcome to the thread! You're in good company here. I've lurked on the JTV Reddit before and know what you mean about the posters. Back in S2 when JM were the big couple, I feel like they were more loved over there than they are now. But it makes sense because so many diehard Michael/JM fans stopped watching, myself included. I stopped watching when it was first being rumored that he would die and since then have only seen the 3x10 clips and when he returned at the end of S4. I don't plan to watch again outside of JM scenes unless it ends well, and I highly doubt it will. It took me a while to get over Michael dying and the feeling of utter betrayal and I can't go through that again. Even reading spoilers brings back those feelings and I don't like it, but yet I still love JM and speculating about them and the prospect of new content . It's an utter mess.

Spoiler:

Quote:
That said I don't hate Rafael I just know in my heart he is not the person for Jane long-term. If Michael didn't come back I would still want her to not be with Rafael. Keep the focus on co-parenting.
I completely agree. I think it would've been even more interesting if Rafael never became a choice in Jane's mind outside of friends/co-parents after Michael died and instead could've ended up with someone new (like Adam or someone else altogether). We all saw how she felt about Rafael and their romantic relationship as the series went on. Why would that have to all change now that Michael's not in the picture? It would've been refreshing to see JR just be friends/co-parents and not be on her romantic radar, even without Michael.

I don't hate Rafael either; nor are JR on my list of NOTPs or anything. They're just stale; they're a character and relationship I've seen before on TV; good girl ends up with the hot rich boy. Jane and Michael had an everyday, relatable, healthy love story and we got to see it all play out in front of us. No drama, no questions or doubts about the other. They were best friends who truly loved each other in every way. They were special to watch. It's why I laugh when Jennie boasts in interviews about her planned ending. Congrats on an ending zillions of showrunners have shown us already, I guess.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 02-20-2019, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wasn't a fan of Adam either though, felt they were a bit forced and I didn't see a lot of chemistry there.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I wasn't a fan of Adam either though, felt they were a bit forced and I didn't see a lot of chemistry there.
I didn't mind it, but I don't see why she had to be tied into a romance. Can we let her character exist without a man?
Old 02-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I didn't mind it, but I don't see why she had to be tied into a romance. Can we let her character exist without a man?
Agreed, plus I kinda saw it was a retcon too
Old 02-21-2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I liked Adam I thought he was a sweet guy. i can watch Jane and raf their not like a notp either.
However once they got to the real stuff in a relationship that's when things broke apart and I didn't like the way he acted when she chose micheal.
They were more mature the second time but I think it's troublesome in a relationship if a guy think he's second choice.
While I like Petra and jr I do think raf and Petra were a better fit
Old 02-21-2019, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not really a fan of Raf and Petra either
Old 02-22-2019, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Petra with JR and I hope they make it at least I definitely need that if JM isn't endgame..

Old 02-22-2019, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Same
Closed Thread   Post New Thread