Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

GOD. I SO WANT FRANCIS AND MARY TO DANCE TOGETHER!
But I believe it's not them in the promo.

Rewatch 1x02 just now and noticed this

Francis &Mary.
icon:JessieGabriela
R
oyal Couple.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

no.... I do not think it is them dancing in the promo either...would love for it to be them but I don't think so.... maybe that is what gets Francis upset?

uh.... what does that mean?
Old 10-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Loved the episode! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 10-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
no.... I do not think it is them dancing in the promo either...would love for it to be them but I don't think so.... maybe that is what gets Francis upset?
It looked like she was dancing with an older guy to me.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Added everyone.

I finally finished watching the new episode. Twice. That was a very Francis/Mary episode, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
He's ticked because half-bro is doing things for her.
But I love how he handled this. He was clearly jealous, but he wasn't petty about it. He wasn't being selfish and possessive, like most jealous people would be. He was transparent with Sebastian and diplomatic with Mary. His head was in the right place - probably more than any character in the series, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
I also really like the queen, despite her evil ways.
Me, too! She is by far, the best character, IMO. I like the conflict her character has. They don't write her like a cartoon villain, which I appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
Although I hope once/if Francis dies. They change the cause of his death from the the real Prince Francis.
What sort of death do you hope it would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
He admitted to his mom how he feels though basically.

"Is the pull so strong?"

Francis: Yes. Yes it is.
I actually think that's my favourite scene in the entire episode. Both actors were so strong in that scene and the dialogue was great. Lbr, I didn't expect that from the show.

Quote:
the ending scene is probably my fav. scene in the ep.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8a955fe82...g3cao1_500.png

Source
They've been ending each episode with Francis/Mary so far, and such good endings as well.

Quote:
certainly very close ... I also liked the scene where Francis pulled her away from the English envoy and told her not to push him away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by headstrongshiho (View Post)
And all those scenes with Francis dealing with the english envoy, Mary's safety, his own mum, really impresses me. I can picture him being a great king someday.
It was really impressive. And he'd certainly make a better king than his father. He has his mother's wits. If he can just avoid having his father's sexual appetite, he'd make a perfect king. But, alas he's not fated to rule very long. Why must the good die young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headstrongshiho (View Post)
Rewatch 1x02 just now and noticed this
http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D58...dda14483bd.jpg
The link's broken.

Quote:
Yeah, definitely not Francis. I think it's the Prince of Portugal trying to seduce Mary. But I'm hoping they still managed to sneak in a dance between Francis and Mary in there somehow.

I really love his face when Mary told him she'd save him. And then him also championing her safety the next episode. They save each other.

I just noticed that they've been matching outfits the entire episode, too. It was VERY noticeable, and it's adooorable. And can we also talk about... HANDS?

CREDIT

HANDS! The way she's caressing his in this one:

ETA: Do we know the ratings for this episode? Because I noticed the production quality, and the costume improved significantly. I hope that helped, somehow.

Last edited by lisztomania; 10-25-2013 at 12:20 PM
Old 10-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What sort of death do you hope it would be?
If the prediction does come true on the show. I hope it would be something a bit tragic. Possibly Francis dying for Mary or something. Him dying of an ear infection on the show just seems a bit lame to me. Because I don't know if Mary can cause such a thing.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. I do wonder if it could be like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Has anyone here seen La Reine Margot? In it, Medici's prophet had foreseen all the deaths of his sons. In her struggle to contradict the prophecy and save Charles at that time, she ends up causing his death. When Nostradamus said that Mary caused Francis' death, maybe it actually meant that Catherine's fear of losing her son because of Mary caused him his death.

And I find there's something off about Nostradamus. That guy is coming off to me as a shady bastard.

ETA:

By the way, apparently, at the Reign panel at the New York Comic Con, Adelaide herself referred to Francis and Mary's shipper name as Frary. I guess we're officially Frary shippers, then.

CREDIT

I wish there was a way to get our hands on the script of the second episode. I really want to know what the meaning is behind those looks they exchanged on the third gif.

Last edited by lisztomania; 10-25-2013 at 01:03 PM
Old 10-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Those gifs! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 10-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm it is possible. I mean I don't know if Catherine would continue on the attempts of Mary's life. But if an attempt goes wrong, and Francis dies because of it. It would really be Catherine that is at fault, because she was trying to save him.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Extreme Fan

So I looked up the ratings, last week Reign got an 0.8 with 2 million total viewers. This week it got an 0.6 with 1.84 million total viewers. I looked around for comparison and it's doing better than both Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast. The Tomorrow People is doing slightly better than Reign. All the vampire shows seem to be at the top of course, with Arrow and Supernatural slightly behind them.

I'm worried about next week because it's Halloween and I think holidays are notorious for bringing bad ratings because everyone is out.

I hope Reign can at least remain consistent and I hope the CW is willing to stick with it. It's nice to have a unique show like this to watch.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I just realized that we keep referencing to Catherine making attempts to Mary's life when she actually isn't... so far. She killed Colin but her attempts on Mary were merely to discredit her or scare her off, not really to kill her off.

I really quite feel sorry for Catherine because in her POV, she loses Francis either way. If Mary continues to be with Francis, he dies. If she continues to harass Mary, Francis would turn against her.

FIRST AND LAST SCENES (SO FAR):

CREDIT

CREDIT
Old 10-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
So I looked up the ratings, last week Reign got an 0.8 with 2 million total viewers. This week it got an 0.6 with 1.84 million total viewers. I looked around for comparison and it's doing better than both Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast. The Tomorrow People is doing slightly better than Reign. All the vampire shows seem to be at the top of course, with Arrow and Supernatural slightly behind them.

I'm worried about next week because it's Halloween and I think holidays are notorious for bringing bad ratings because everyone is out.

I hope Reign can at least remain consistent and I hope the CW is willing to stick with it. It's nice to have a unique show like this to watch.
The ratings are being gutted by football this year. We should wait till the plus 7 dvr numbers. Also hart got renewed with less
Old 10-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

No I know. So far, she seems to want Mary alive, but just far away from Francis. Which is why she wanted Colin to take her virginity so she couldn't marry Francis. However, who knows what she will do now, now that Francis knows that Catherine was behind the attack/potential rape.

I believe Nostradamus or Catherine also mentioned Francis doesn't believe in prophecy's/visions. So isn't like she can tell him.

Although honestly Francis seems to have some pretty awful parents. He has a mother while she does love him, is trying to get rid of his fiance. His father, openly cheats on his wife, and doesn't bother to hide it. Plus I never really got the impression Francis and the King were that close.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

This one almost seems like a portrait:

CREDIT

Quote:

Oh, dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
The ratings are being gutted by football this year. We should wait till the plus 7 dvr numbers. Also hart got renewed with less
That gives me a bit of hope, altho I do think Reign is definitely more expensive production-wise. So it might cost The CW more.

Quote:
No I know. So far, she seems to want Mary alive, but just far away from Francis. Which is why she wanted Colin to take her virginity so she couldn't marry Francis. However, who knows what she will do now, now that Francis knows that Catherine was behind the attack/potential rape.

I believe Nostradamus or Catherine also mentioned Francis doesn't believe in prophecy's/visions. So isn't like she can tell him.

Although honestly Francis seems to have some pretty awful parents. He has a mother while she does love him, is trying to get rid of his fiance. His father, openly cheats on his wife, and doesn't bother to hide it. Plus I never really got the impression Francis and the King were that close.
Yeah for a guy who's got a murderer for a mother and a womanizer for a father, he's surprisingly doing well for himself character-wise.

By the way, I love the amount of eyesex in this episode:

Old 10-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah for a guy who's got a murderer for a mother and a womanizer for a father, he's surprisingly doing well for himself character-wise.

By the way, I love the amount of eyesex in this episode:

In the pilot. It seemed like Francis might become his father. At least in the womanizing ways. However, it seemed like he and Mary didn't see each other awhile possibly for ten years.

I saw another art/manip that look like a portrait. I just need to find it again.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread