Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Beauty & The Beast {Tyler♥Caroline}#138: Despite everything, we persevere

Beauty and the Beast
{Tyler Lockwood and Caroline Forbes}

c:tylerlovescaroline

“He’s trying to be with Caroline. He just told her he loves her so he’s trying to make better.”

-- Michael Trevino on asking help from Bill Forbes

“She’s really focused on her relationship with Tyler. All she wants is to be with her boyfriend. It doesn’t get more human that that.”
-- Candice Accola
x

SHIPPERS LIST
[ask to be added]

1. light me up
2. emerald_city
3. tsforever
4. Panettones
5. **confessa
6. x0x0gossipgirl
7. andsoitis
8. ~Amarula~
9. figeuroa
10. CrashandBurn9
11. MexieFan
12. Videl-Chan
13. Liz01
14. theresadawn
15. Chastidy
16. Kiane
17. Natispbr
18. Scheming Star
19. Miss Fate
20. foreveralways21
21. DefineDelicate
22. Lexipedia
23. noelle
24. shattered jewels
25. Bree347
26. timtyra
27. standingintherain
28. Brucas Is Love
29. DUHsoTK
30. P&B4ever
31. jasmineflower27
32. eternal sunshine
33. Laurababora
34. LostinKP
35. I_Love_JennaJameson
36. Redlight-Electr0
37. Whitney86
38. DiamondDreaming
39. hell to pay
40. Auti3luvsU
41. x0x0gossipgirl
42. Creativity
43. GrhmLz
44. pokadotshoes
45. GrangerDanger
46. andsoitis
47. Christina_1988
48. BlackHalo
49. Butterflygirl
50. jules166
51. WilSonღFan
52. rishik5
53. - Nina -
54. Emsea
55. Jax527
56. jessie09
57. delenalove
58. haydensgirl
59. courtneybangelcakes
60. CarolineForbes
61. baby_pen11
62. kfrancis08
63. Slayerfan714
64. taylorjoie
65. Clarissa Fray
66. BlueDog9
67. fall like stars
68. cinnamoncookie
69. dwoods87
70. mackayfire
71. rrr222
72. bellagrey13
73. Danity Vampyro
74. sunflower 654
75. lulu-144
76. Queen C
77. Slexie
78. lisztomania
79. covington
80. NoelleCavanaugh
81. ~ Fire & Ice ~
82.mcricken
83.Punkrocker
84.NightSlash
85.Queen of Babble
86.Freckles87
87.Hot Rod
88,princesssparkles06
89.ElenaBelle
90.kindleberry
91.sprezzatura
92.Chasity05
93.loganandroryforever
94.`toomuchpurple
95.moonlightstar
96.ravengirl008
97.IBelieveInMiracles
98.ciaBrysh
99.rout345
100. teamlockwood
101. hiddleskittlesღ
102. silvermoongrey
103. sulitlana
104. Blasphemy
105. Skinny Love
106. SkateGirl88
107. Biscuit-
108. PinkSakuraBunnie
109. baelfire24
110. Tangerine1204
111. Sixonxnavade
112.Red Oktober
113.TotallyBalex
114. 4brathan&brucas

c: poisonrain-top-10-ships-as-voted-by-my-followers

c: candicetrevinos

c:bye, bye, baby it's been a sweet love

c: carolinelockwood

c: thebestvillain

c:I'm not girly little Caroline anymore

~PREVIOUS THREAD~
Old 04-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

tftnt

Magnus and Alec
Old 04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Tftnt
Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

Tftnt
Old 04-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tfnt.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

recap of TVD 3x17 (aired on 3/27)

Hey all Sorry I’ve been so MIA, my husband and I are in the process of buying a house and you’d be surprised how much of our free time has gone into phone calls with our realtor and signing paperwork . . . I didn’t even get to watch this ep until last week. Luckily, TVD has been on hiatus the last two weeks, so this is still the latest ep. Then I went to post this Sunday and saw we were out of room on the last thread, so I thought I better wait.

TFTNT!

Anyway, Last time on TVD (3/27) . . .

The ep opens with a guy that looks just like Stefan rushing an injured person into an ER on a gurney. His name is Tom Avery. As this is going on, Sloan is probing Stefan’s brain to try and find out more about this Tom guy, specifically where he is. Stefan is able to see that the hospital he was at was Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital. Sloan says “good, now your friends can go and kill him.”

Elena wakes up in bed naked next to Damon. Her phone vibrates to tell her today is Jeremy’s parent/teacher conference meeting, so I guess he’s still technically a student at MFHS. She tries to sneak out, but Damon isn’t having any of it and stops her. She tells him last night was a mistake, he suggests they keep making them, she says no and to get out of her way b/c she has to get going.

Next up we see Caroline and Enzo at a dinner in Atlanta, GA. Caroline gets a call from Sloan, but Enzo snatches it first and answers. Sloan says she takes it they are still looking for the doppelganger, and Enzo tells her she gave them a nameless paramedic at the scene of a car accident on a freeway in a city full of hospitals and freeways, so it hasn’t exactly been easy. She tells him the guy’s name is Tom Avery and that she just saw (through Stefan’s mind) him delivering a patient to Atlanta Metro Hospital. Caroline is pissed b/c that means Sloan did the vision thing to Stefan again and she and Sloan had made a deal: Caroline goes out and finds the doppelganger, “takes care of him,” and in the meantime Sloan stops frying Stefan’s brain. Sloan says she doesn’t give a damn about Stefan’s brain, it’s his blood she cares about, and until he and Elena are the last two left, his blood is useless. So if Caroline fails to kill Tom Avery, Sloan will give Stefan a “back alley lobotomy” if it means finding the doppelganger. Caroline tells her she doesn’t fail at things and that Sloan better knock it off or she’ll kill her too, then she hangs up on her. Enzo comments that Caroline is like a perky blonde angel of death, and that she almost had him convinced.

Jump to the Mystic Grill, where Matt is bartending today (even though he’s not 21 yet and though I don’t live in VA, I’m pretty sure it’s not legal in any state for someone under 21 to bartend, but whatever), and Damon and Tyler are actually sitting next to each other at the bar. Tyler is eating while Damon is drinking. Tyler comments “breakfast of champions” when he sees Damon throw back a shot, and Matt comments that he assumes this has to do with Elena. Damon sarcastically says that’s so incredibly insightful and how street smart Donovan has gotten working behind that bar for 3 years. Tyler says at least Matt’s not looking for answers at the bottom of a bottle, and Damon counters saying Tyler Lockwood is now a life coach despite running his own life into the ground. Matt suggests he look for advice from Stefan and Damon says it’s kind of hard to talk to your brother about how you just broke up with his ex-g/f then broke the bed. Tyler tells him TMI (too much information) and Damon says besides, he’s got those two idiots, Mystic Falls’ amateur therapists. Matt tells Damon he’s only listening to him b/c he’s getting paid lol, to which Damon snatches back the few bucks sitting on the bar counter top and says “less and less by the second.” Damon then tells them that Stefan isn’t an option anyway b/c he’s off doing a research project with Caroline (guess no one else knows exactly what Caroline and Stefan are doing with the Travelers). Tyler immediately glares at him from the corner of his eye and Damon says “Don’t worry, wolf-boy, I’m sure they’re just …friends.” He doesn’t say it with a ton of conviction though, so Tyler turns to face him fully, but before he can say anything Liv (the witch from Whitmore) rushes up to the bar and orders an entire bottle of gin. She turns to Damon and says “What can I say? I’ve got issues.” He tells her to pull up a chair and share her problems but she tells him forget it. Tyler watches her walk over to a table with her bottle. Damon’s phone vibrates on the bar top and after glancing at both the guys, he tells them he’s gotta cut their session short b/c unlike the two of them, he’s got other places to be. Before he leaves, he sees Jeremy walk in and take a seat at Liv’s table.

Over at MFHS, Elena is waiting in line for the open house with Jeremy’s teachers. She calls Bonnie to tell her she and Damon broke up. Bonnie comments on how she didn’t come home last night, so Elena tells her it’s b/c she slept with Damon, post breakup, then asks if that was irresponsible. Bonnie tells her probably (which was awesome lol). She asks if Jeremy knows she and Damon broke up and Elena tells her no b/c he wasn’t at the Salvatore mansion last night thankfully. Bonnie remarks that that’s weird, b/c he wasn’t with her either, so where was he then? Elena admits she doesn’t know, then says that doesn’t help with the whole “irresponsible” thing. Airhead Luke (the gay guy Katherine had been compelling, or at least thought she was, who is also Liv’s brother, the MFs gang doesn’t know that) suddenly walks into the dorm’s common room, where Bonnie is studying. Bonnie starts to suggest that since Elena and Damon are over, maybe Elena should go for Luke, but Elena tells her nice try, b/c she’s pretty sure Damon is more his type. Bonnie jokes saying they’d be cute too. Elena finally makes it to the front of the line and hangs up with Bonnie. When she sits down to talk with Mrs. Douglas, the school’s guidance counselor, she is told she is not listed as Jeremy’s primary contact. When she asks who is, Damon shows up behind her and tells her it’s him.

Over at Atlanta Metro Hospital, Caroline finishes filling out a form, hands it back to the receptionist, and walks back over to Enzo. She tells him that the receptionist doesn’t know Tom personally, but Caroline compelled her to page someone who does. Enzo keeps silently staring at her, so she gives him a slightly dirty look, then grabs an old magazine off a nearby table and starts flipping through it, pointedly ignoring him. He finally says that he gives up, that he can’t tell if she’s avoiding the mission or him. She replies, “Well, why can’t it be both?” He says b/c he’s earned the company after hand delivering the antidotes that saved both Elena and Damon. She says that doesn’t mean she trusts him, in fact, she still doesn’t even know why he’s there. He says Damon’s trying to be a good boy these days, so he’s in need of a new murder buddy. She gives him a chastising look and he says he’s just joking, that he jokes, British humor and all (so I guess he is British, though his accent still sounds more Australian than British to me). He then opens a magazine of his own and casually says “modern women, all bosom and no mystery, present company excluded.” Caroline slams her magazine shut with an eye roll and says “Dear God, please don’t tell me I’m the real reason that you’re here.” (a little narcissistic if you ask me, but okay). He asks her why not? From what Damon tells him, he is her type: well travelled, charming accent, dodgy morals (i.e. Klaus *gag*). She says arrogant, tactless, completely unable to take a hint (also Klaus lol). He says precisely. Then he says if he has to be honest with her, she reminds him of someone he used to know. She worked for the Augustine group (he mentioned this lady to Damon a few eps back, and that he never knew what became of her when he stopped seeing her around the Augustine house). Caroline replied “which means she tortured you” and that Caroline can relate to that. He explains that her role was simply to observe his behavior in captivity and that he quite liked her actually (uh, but she was still standing back and letting the crazy doctors rip you apart, so just saying…) b/c she reminded him that he was good all along. A doctor suddenly approaches the pair asking if they are the ones looking for Tom Avery. Caroline says yes, it’s a matter of life and death. The doctor says he wishes he could help. Tom Avery was a pain in his butt, but he was the best paramedic he ever met. Unfortunately, he disappeared 4 months ago and no one has any idea what happened to him.

Stefan comes to in a junkyard he wasn’t in when he passed out. He looks at Sloan and comments that they’ve moved, and she tells him they don’t call them Travelers for nothing. Stefan says he knows this place, that it’s right outside of MFs (how convenient). Sloan says she’d rather be at a beach, but this is where they are supposed to meet their fearless leader Marcos. Stefan asks why he wants their blood. Before Sloan can say anything, her phone rings. She answers it saying Caroline better be calling to say the doppelganger is dead. Caroline says no b/c her stupid doppelvisions gave them bad information and to put Stefan on the phone now. Sloan puts it on speaker and Stefan asks what happened. Caroline explains that Tom’s been missing for months, and is there anything else Stefan noticed in the visions. A nameless Traveler wordlessly walks over with the bucket of Stefan’s blood and leaves it next to Sloan. After Stefan tells Caroline he can’t remember anything else, that after the spell he blacked out, Sloan says that if they are seeing old memories then they have to dig deeper. She sticks her fingertips in the blood and puts then to Stefan’s temples, starting the spell again. Caroline argues that if he’s blacking out it’s b/c the spell is destroying his memories. Sloan doesn’t care and doesn’t listen and Stefan starts to wail as she links him to Tom once again. Caroline is still on speakerphone and tries to coax Stefan through it. He sees a red haired lady approaching Tom outside his ambulance. The lady in the vision introduces herself as Hazel. She says he saved her friend Trish last night and offers to buy him dinner as a thank you. He says how about 7? And she says perfect, that he can pick her up at 6643 Peachtree Dr. Caroline is crying, asking Stefan to hang in there. He finally responds to her, gives her the address he heard in the vision, along with a description of Hazel. Caroline thanks him and says that she won’t let him down. Stefan tells her Tom is a good person and not to do it (kill him). Sloan picks up the phone and says “clock’s ticking.”

Jump over to MFHS where Damon comments “clock’s busted” as he stares at the non-functioning clock in an empty classroom that contains only him and Elena. Elena asks him why he’s there and Damon says it’s b/c she left him in charge of Jeremy when she went off to Whitmore, so he’s had this on his calendar for months (like he really cares). She says so there’s no other reason? And he says she shouldn’t bother pretending she’s not still all tingly from this morning. She says they need to just focus on Jeremy. Damon says okay, if Jeremy was running around with another girl, would Elena want to know about it? B/c he saw Jeremy with Liv, Bonnie’s little witch in training, at The Grill this morning with a bottle of hooch to share. Elena says there’s no way Jeremy would do that (cheat on Bonnie). And Damon asks if he needs to remind her that he once had an affair with a ghost lol. Elena insists he learned his lesson, that he’s not a cheater. The guidance counselor finally enters the room and says bad news first, that Jeremy has missed 11 days of school, started 3 fights, and has been caught cheating in math class, twice. Damon makes a big show of being surprised that he “cheated,” looking directly at Elena and saying that it’s so not like him haha When the guidance counselor asks who he is, he says Elena’s ex and turns to her for confirmation, to which she says they are not talking about this right now. The Counselor says their problems are actually relevant, that a lot of issues like Jeremy’s stem from problems at home, that what he needs right now is a stable living arrangement, people who care about that more than their own needs. Elena insists that they do care, and that they will do better. The counselor says she hopes so for Jeremy’s sake. Let’s just say Elena definitely isn’t going to be named sister of the year after this season, I mean she’s hardly paid any attention to what is going on with Jeremy, she’s been so wrapped up in her Damon drama and her other issues and problems . . .

Back in Atlanta, Enzo and Caroline have finally found 6643 Peachtree Dr. Caroline comments that the mail is old, like, 4 months old. Enzo breaks the door handle off and it swings open unhindered. There in the middle of the room surrounded by lit candles is the red haired woman Stefan spoke of, Hazel. Her eyes are solid white and she’s clearly enthralled in a spell like trance. Caroline comments that she’s a witch and tries to enter the house but can’t. When Caroline says “she must own the house” (actually, just someone has to own the house, it didn’t have to be Hazel, just saying…) Enzo says “not for long” and throws a rock as hard as he can. It goes right through her skull, instantly killing her. Caroline asks why he did that, she was their only lead! And he says he’s a murderous vampire, before walking into the house. How convenient she did the spell right there lined up with the doorway, so no one actually had to come in to get to her -_-
Back at Whitmore, Bonnie approaches Luke. She says he keeps looking at her so did he need something. He says no. Suddenly, Hazel shows up. She says you’re the anchor to Bonnie and then says she must be dead. Then she glances at Luke and tells Bonnie to tell him (Luke) that she failed, that she was trying to hide the doppelganger with magic, but they found him. Bonnie asks who she is, and what she’s talking about. She tells Bonnie her name is Hazel and that Luke will know the rest before she touches Bonnie and disappears. Bonnie has a small episode and when Luke asks if she’s okay, she tells him about Hazel and that she had a message for him.

Back at The Grill, Liv performs a silencing spell. When Jeremy asks why, she says to keep nosy hybrid-types from snooping and glances at Tyler, who is watching them along with Matt. He turns back around to Matt and asks what’s up with those two. Matt offers him the short version, about how Liv goes to Whitemore, she’s a new witch, and Bonnie is teaching her magic. Tyler says he left out the part about her being hot, like, weird hot lol (she’s actually not that hot, kind of creepy looking if you ask me, and doesn’t seem like the type of girl Tyler would really find attractive, like she doesn’t hold a candle to Caroline,or even his old g/f Vicky, but you know the writers… ) . Matt says that Tyler’s the one with the vampire ears, what are they talking about? Tyler tries to listen but can’t hear a thing. Liv tells Jeremy he’s there b/c he’s a hunter, meaning he can’t be mind controlled by Travelers, so that officially makes him the only person she can trust in the room. There is a rumor going around in witch circles that the Travelers are up to something big. Jeremy says he thought Travelers were witches. Liv says not quite, that they are like the “ugly stepsister” of witchcraft. Apparently they have a grudge against anyone who draws their witchy ju-ju powers from nature, something about witches cursing the land to turn against them or some crap. Now they are on the move and their next stop is MFs. When Jeremy asks why, Liv says “Your sister. Turns out Elena’s friends are right; the world actually DOES revolve around her.” Hahahahaha So if Jeremy wants to keep her safe, he’s gonna have to help her figure out what the Travelers are up to. Right then she gets a text from her brother Luke that Hazel is dead and it’s time for plan B. Jeremy asks if everything is okay and she tells him it will be before abruptly rising to leave. He tells her to wait, that she can’t just leave after dropping all this on him like that. She says that he was plan A, but plans have changed. Before she can leave, Tyler super speeds over to her and tells her it’s rude to leave Jeremy hanging, even for a newbie witch. She turns with a quick flick of her wrist and utters a word in a foreign language, and sends Tyler flying across the room, along with a bunch of tables and chairs. Tyler starts at her in surprise and she admits she’s not a newbie witch.

Over at MFHS, Elena and Damon are walking through the halls during passing period. Elena says just b/c Jeremy is a bad student doesn’t mean he’s cheating on Bonnie. Damon says she’s making excuses for someone she loves, that’s what she does. That the worse the behavior, the more she tries to defend it (amen to that! About time somebody said it aloud point blank). She says he keeps trying to make this about them, and he says yeah, b/c she keeps trying to make it about anything else. They turn down an empty hallway and she says fine, then don’t pretend he really came here for Jeremy. If he wants to talk about last night, then talk. He says here’s the thing: he doesn’t know what to say or do etc. then he backs her against the lockers talking about how he pretty much wants to rip her clothes off and take her right here and now while people who drive minivans stand around and watch wishing they were them or some junk like that, I didn’t fully pay attention b/c their scenes always make me cringe and uncomfortable lol. Then the bell rings and he steps away, telling her he’ll see her in class.

In Atlanta, Caroline is pacing back and forth in Hazel’s house, still upset that Enzo jumped the gun and killed Hazel before they could question her. Enzo argues that she was in a trance, so they weren’t going to be able to get any info out of her anyway and with her dead they are at least able to get in the house. He then goes on to say he doesn’t know why she’s mad, he’s only doing what needs to be done to save her friend, things she can’t do. She says he doesn’t think she’s up to this. And he says this being the cold blooded murder of an innocent man? No. Then she says I’m sorry, is this all supposed to be easy? You BARELY know me so let me reintroduce myself “Hi, my name is Caroline Forbes, and I’m a good vampire who doesn’t go around killing people!” He tells her she’s got it all wrong, that he’s not judging her, he’s preparing her, that he’s seen soldiers, men trained to kill look their enemy in the eye and hesitate, a move that got them killed. Caroline says last time she checked, this isn’t war and she isn’t a soldier, but Stefan is one of the best people that she knows and when it comes to saving his life there is just about nothing she wouldn’t do. Before she can finish though, they both start to hear the sound of a heartbeat in the house. They head into the basement, where they see a bunch of symbols in chalk on the floor leading to Tom Avery’s incapacitated, but alive, body on a stretcher being pumped full of fluids to keep him going. Enzo asks why a witch would go through so much trouble to keep a man alive and off the grid for so many months (obviously b/c the Travelers can do whatever it is they want to do if he’s dead, and Hazel was clearly trying to prevent whatever that is). Caroline comments that 4 months ago Silas died, the original Stefan-ganger lol Caroline calls out to him, trying to wake him. Enzo tells her to just go upstairs and let him handle this, but she refuses, saying she’s the one who made the deal so it’s on her no matter what. Enzo comments that maybe she just can’t stand putting Stefan’s life in anyone else’s hands but her own. She doesn’t respond, and instead puts her hands around Tom’s throat as if to strangle him. He suddenly pops up like a daisy, gasping for air. Caroline backs up a step as he asks where he is and what’s going on. She compels him to relax and that he can trust her. Enzo warns her that bonding with him will only make it harder. She tells him to let her do this her way. She tells Tom he’s her friend and that he means the world to her and that he won’t feel a thing. Then she super speeds behind Enzo, and snaps his neck instead (which was awesome). Then she tells Tom she’s getting him out of there.

At Whitmore, Bonnie is behind closed doors talking with Luke. She now knows that he’s Liv’s twin brother and that he’s a witch. He asks her to not be mad at Liv, that his family is kind of messed up. She says she’s not mad, more like creeped out. She wants to know why he’s been watching her, but her phone suddenly rings. She says they aren’t done before picking it up. It’s Jeremy. He asks if Elena’s with her, b/c he thinks she’s in trouble. She tells him no, that she’s at his school today. Jeremy tells her that Liv is up to something, that Elena is important to the Travelers. She asks since when does he talk to Liv. He tells her he’ll explain everything to her later, but right now they have to find Elena. Bonnie hangs up and turns back to Luke but he’s gone.

Elena has a raunchy fantasy about her and Damon getting it on in an empty chemistry classroom, but Damon notices she’s not paying attention to Jeremy’s teacher and snaps her out of it. She says she needs some air, but instead of excusing herself and going to the ladies room like a normal person, she for some reason goes to the woodshop classroom. She splashes some cold water on her face, and when she looks up at the mirror she sees Liv in the background. She whirls around and Liv tells her she’s just the girl she’s looking for. Elena asks what she’s doing here, if it’s about Jeremy, and Live says no, it’s about her. With a flick of her wrist she uses some splintered wood to pin Elena to the wall and stalks towards her with another sharp piece of wood, intent on staking her. She apologizes for this, saying her coven did everything in their power to protect her, but she’s just too dangerous. Elena says she has no idea what Live\ is talking about. Liv says she never will. She raises the wood to stab Elena, but Damon rushes in and knocks her clear out. He tells her little tip, if you are gonna show up to kill someone, don’t waste time feeling bad about it.

In Atlanta, Caroline and Tom Avery are at a diner having some food while he recounts his last few memories. He tells her that Hazel seemed nice so he figured why not have dinner? He went to pick her up and that’s the last thing he remembers. Caroline explains that she locked him up and hid him from anyone who might know magic. He says he doesn’t know why he’s telling Caroline his whole life story, she laughs and says it’s b/c she compelled him to, and to stay calm and not worry. He asks why she wants to know so much about him? She says she just wants to make sure he’s a nice guy, no dark secrets or skeletons in his closet and as it turns out, he’s just about the nicest guy she’s ever met. He says likewise b/c he does remember her saving his life and that if there is anything he can do to repay her to just let him know. He starts choking on his eggs and Caroline just watches, then pulls the glass of water out of his reach until he suffocates, then she blinks and he’s still across the table chowing down on his eggs. She’d only imagined letting him choke to death, but it made her realize she really can’t kill him in cold blood, so she shakes the thought from her head and tells him thank you, but what she needs from him is something she could never take. He says he doesn’t understand and she says he doesn’t have to. He just needs to know he reminds her of someone who is really important to her. Tom tells her that guy is really lucky and she says yeah so is he. Then she compels him to get on a train, ride until he finds some place he really likes, meet a pretty girl, settle down, and be happy for the rest of his long, long life. He smiles and goes to dig into his waffle, but she pulls it back slightly telling him to just go easy on the carbs b/c they’re a killer lol

Over at MFHS, Damon is mildly torturing Liv for info by crushing her hand in a vice. Elena tells him that’s enough, but he says she was 2 seconds away from killing her and he wants to know why. Damon then tells Liv he’s going to remove the rag he stuffed in her mouth and that if he hears one syllable of hocus pocus one of them is going to break her neck, and by one of them, he means himself. Liv just stares at him silently, so he gives the vice another turn. Elena again tells him to stop, but he tells her she doesn’t get to tell him what to do anymore since they broke up (not like he ever really listened to her when they were together…).Elena tells him this was exactly WHY they broke up, and she wants him to tell her he at least understands that. Liv groans at their conversation topic and tells them to just kill her already. Damon says it’s tempting, but not until she talks. He gives the vice yet another turn and it sounds like some bones in her hand snap. Either way, it’s enough to get her talking finally. She says Elena is the last female doppelganger, that after tonight, there might only be one male doppelganger left, and if that happens, the Travelers will come for Elena, to use her, and that the witches can’t let that happen. Damon looks at Elena and tells her if it’s between her and this psychopath (Liv), then she knows what he has to do. Elena says then what is she supposed to do? Hate him? Be okay with it? So Damon tells her well that’s her choice to make, but the only way she’s going to get the opportunity to make it is if she’s alive. He asks her to please tell him she at least understands that. Jeremy suddenly walks in and says are you freaking kidding me?! And hurries to block Damon from Liv, telling him if he wants to kill Liv he’s gonna have to kill him too, although I don’t quite know why Jeremy cares about Liv enough to put his own life on the line…

Outside the high school, Luke is pulling up. He hurries out of his vehicle to go inside but stops when it’s clear there are people behind him. He turns around and asks who they are. As it turns out, it’s Matt and Tyler. Matt says they are friends of Jeremy’s and Elena. Surprisingly, Tyler chimes in to say even Damon . . . sometimes. Matt adds not to forget about Bonnie as she’s the one who told the two of them Luke might be here. Luke shrugs and says blood’s thicker than water and his sister is in there. He goes to do a spell, but Tyler is faster and has him by the throat before he can say a word and says “Yeah, she (Liv) showed us that trick before” referring to when she blasted him at The Grill earlier in the day.

We bounce back to the Damon/Jeremy standoff inside, where Jeremy is goading Damon to kill him, stating that it wouldn’t be the first time (and let’s be real, it won’t be the last either with this show). Damon argues that Liv just tried to stake his sister and that she’s gonna do it again. Jeremy insists she won’t, that she is going to help keep Elena safe and that Jeremy himself will make sure of that (uh, how exactly??). Damon asks that very question, stating Jeremy can’t even get a passing grade in penmanship lol He turns to Elena and wholeheartedly asks her to trust him, that he won’t let anyone harm her. Elena, in her ever hypocritical nerve, has the audacity to ask Jeremy how she can trust him given all the stuff he’s pulled at school b/c it’s not like he’s been making really good decisions. Really? REALLY?? God she bugs me! Take a good look in a mirror sweetheart! Grrrrrr! Jeremy doesn’t comment on what a giant hypocrite/b*tch she is though, and instead he tells her to look around at his life, and asks her how she expects him to concentrate on school when s*it like this keeps going down? Which is true, but then on the other hand, the others were all going through similar stuff when they were in high school and still managed to pass their class and graduate. Shoot, they even had extracurricular activities like football and cheerleading lol I guess if they could do it Jeremy can. But anyway he goes on to tell her he knows what he’s doing. Liv knows more about the Travelers than she’s letting on. Elena thinks it over for a minute and tells Damon they are leaving. He tells her she can’t be serious and she replies that she trusts her brother and that right now she really needs Damon to trust her. Without another word Damon leaves with her, clearly not happy about it. Jeremy sets to untying Liv.
The scene skips to outside where she is free and talking to Luke. She asks him where he was. He tells her they wouldn’t even be here if she’d just killed Elena like they were supposed to. She says she was almost turned into an ashtray or whatever crap they make in woodshop (ashtrays are ceramics sweetie lol), so thanks for the brotherly concern. Jeremy suddenly walks up and says here’s plan C: that those two are going to protect Elena and that he’s going to help them stop the Travelers. Luke points out that this is an epic conflict of interest. Liv counters saying maybe not b/c Jeremy has hunter skills (big whoop isn’t that for vampires? How’s that gonna help against witches?) and he’s not afraid to take a stand, and that if the Travelers are coming for his sisters or to MF, or both, he’s gonna see it before they do. So then she asks Jeremy what the catch is. He tells her he’s going to need some help, and Matt and Tyler walk up. Luke and Liv are against it (I don’t know why, what’s it to them if Matt and Tyler help? Never mind what Matt can actually do to help lol), but Jeremy says they are part of the deal, take it or leave it. Obviously they accept it, so I guess that’s how the writers plan to use Tyler from now, to help Jeremy do whatever it is he’s going to do to try and track/stop the Travelers, who still currently have Stefan, and I think Caroline and Enzo (if you want to count him) are still the only two who actually know about that.

We jump back to Atlanta one more time where Caroline and Tom Avery are walking through a dark parking garage. She’s smiling as he comments about how he doesn’t think he’s ever eaten so much in his life. Enzo rushes out of the shadows and says he supposes it was a fitting last supper (no idea how he found them, but whatever). Caroline shoots “no!” but before she can reach them he’s already snapped poor Tom’s neck She asks why he did it, and he tells her b/c she’s not the only one who cut a deal to save someone’s life. Apparently the Travelers know where to find Maggie, that old flame he mentioned (I wouldn’t really call it a flame, she observed him being tortured, weirdo). Not sure how finding her equates saving a life like Caroline was trying to do, but whatever. Never mind he might not even need magic to simply find her. It’s called Google dude -_- But regardless, Tom is now dead, leaving Stefan as the only male doppelganger left. Caroline tells Enzo that if Maggie is anything like her then she just lost all respect for him. He shakes his head and says then he’ll earn her forgiveness in time, b/c unlike Caroline, he’s willing to do whatever it takes for the people he loves (uh, Caroline ended up killing 12 witches to save one of her best friends one time, just saying…). She won’t even look at him, so he tells her the Travelers moved to a junkyard outside MF and that she’s free to tell Stefan she’s the one who saved his life (though seeing how Stefan himself asked her NOT to do it, I wouldn’t take credit for it) and walks away.

Over at the Salvatore manor, Damon asks Elena what’s on her mind, and she tells him she’s thinking that Mrs. Douglas (the guidance counselor) was right. He says what would she know about the crap they are dealing with, and she says it’s not that they are bad for each other, but that they are bad for Jeremy, so classic Elena making excuses (b/c let’s face it, they definitely aren’t good for each other, that’s for sure). Damon counters saying Jeremy is bad for Jeremy and that if she wants to help him then put him on a plane and get him out of here (been there done that, didn’t work out so well). Jeremy chooses that moment to walk in with a suitcase packed. He says Matt and Tyler said he can stay with them for a while at their bachelor pad so he’s going. Damon tells him to put the bags down and they will talk about it in the morning and he says no they won’t. Elena says she knows it’s been crazy lately, but Jeremy says it’s always crazy, and that he needs to figure it out on his own and that right now this is what’s best for him. She hugs him and swears she’ll be more involved and call more often blah blah blah, and he officially moves out of casa de Salvatore.

It’s nighttime when Caroline shows up at the junkyard looking for Stefan. She finds him lying down in an old van and joins him. She tells him she’s a big fat failure and he tells her it’s good to see her. She elaborates telling him she couldn’t kill Tom, not even to save Stefan. He points out that she’s feeling guilt b/c she couldn’t kill a person in cold blood (like how silly), and she says no, she’s feeling guilty b/c they are still holding him prisoner. He points out that they were never gonna let him go, that he’s too important and she tells him he’s even more important now that he’s the last male doppelganger. She then tells him that Enzo killed Tom, and Stefan says yet another reason to hate Enzo. She says she should have known all that flirting was just to distract her b/c she practically invented that lol She asks him what they do now and he says they go to sleep. She sarcastically comments that’s heroic and he says the heroic part of his brain needs to recharge since he was being tortured while she was out flirting with yet another British man. She laughs and they lay there quietly for a moment and then she says that he knew all along that she couldn’t do it, that’s why he let her go. He says not that she couldn’t, but that she wouldn’t. She asks how he knew, and he says b/c it’s what makes Caroline, Caroline. She smiles and then snuggles up to him for all the Steroline fans and they go to sleep cuddling.

Meanwhile, Elena is packing at the Salvatore mansion. She says she’s going back to campus (how has she not flunked out yet??). Damon says this won’t solve anything, and she says that it’s not just that they are bad for each other, but that when they are together they do bad things for each other (thank you! Only took you 2 season to figure that out), and that she can’t live like that. He offers to drive her back to Whitmore, and she says no b/c if she lets him she won’t be able to move forward and they’ll just end up right back here where they started. So that’s why he needs to let her go. He gives her a kiss on the forehead, tells her to travel safe, and leaves the room.

At Whitmore, Bonnie is leaving a message for Jeremy, saying she’s worried and confused and still hasn’t heard back from him so please call her.

We bounce back to Stefan and Caroline who are spooning in their sleep. The Travelers start chanting in the background loud enough that it wakes them up. They sneak out of the van and hide behind some cars to spy on the Traveler. They are chanting around a fire drinking his and Elena’s blood. Sloan lights a torch, then lights a man on fire. Everyone else in the circle bursts into flames simultaneously as well. Stefan tells Caroline this is it and to take his hand and together they vamp speed out of there.
Over at Whitmore Bonnie is suddenly bombarded by dead Travelers (the same ones Sloan just lit on fire in MFs) chanting as they pass through her one after the other. It’s too much for Bonnie, and she falls to the ground unconscious as the last guy passes through her. In the firelight of the dorm fireplace, a shadow moves out from under her body into the form of a living man and the man walks out of the room.

That was the episode.

It’s my guess that that shadow man is Marcos, the leader of the Travelers and that they needed the blood of the last two doppelgangers and the sacrifices of a bunch of their own to get him released from the “other side” or something goofy like that.
To be honest, I’m kind of confused as to why Elena’s and Stefan’s blood is of any use to the Travelers though since they are vampires. I mean, Katherine’s blood was no good to Klaus for his spell when he was trying to break the spell on his werewolf side. Even as a vampire, she was still a doppelganger, yet her blood was no good once she ceased to be human. Likewise, the Travelers need blood from the last living pair of doppelgangers, but that’s just it, neither Stefan nor Elena is alive anymore. As vampires, they are both technically dead. This is what I mean when I say the writers have gotten so sloppy with their writing. They used to make sure everything was accounted for down to the smallest of detail each time they did a plot, and now they cut corners like crazy and just throw junk out there and expect us to just accept it without questioning the small stuff, to eat it up with the same fervor as we did in the earlier seasons. No dice, writers, no dice -_-

Don't take life too seriously! After all, nobody gets out alive . . .

*Jenn*
Old 04-16-2014, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks a lot for the recap as always, Jenn
Old 04-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Thanks for the recap
Old 04-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

You're welcome! Can't wait to see how the writers choose to disappoint me this week!! lol

Though I am at least equal parts interested and worried about Tyler getting more of a role in what's going on with the stupid Travelers . . . Excited to see more of him and watch his character get more involvement in the story, but worried they'll finally take him out permanently.

Don't take life too seriously! After all, nobody gets out alive . . .

*Jenn*
Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSakuraBunnie (View Post)
You're welcome! Can't wait to see how the writers choose to disappoint me this week!! lol

:
It's sad, though. I shouldn't laugh.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSakuraBunnie (View Post)

Though I am at least equal parts interested and worried about Tyler getting more of a role in what's going on with the stupid Travelers . . . Excited to see more of him and watch his character get more involvement in the story, but worried they'll finally take him out permanently.
Thanks for the recap jenn! The only thing we can do is turn off our emotions and laugh at the stupidity.

I hope he gets more than 3 minutes of screentime. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him. I wonder if he'll talk to caro again this season. Or if the writers are too busy with klaroline 2.0 or steroid.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Tyler's either leaves, isn't in the episode, gets little screen-time, or is portrayed as a bad guy when he's not, basically.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Tyler's either leaves, isn't in the episode, gets little screen-time, or is portrayed as a bad guy when he's not, basically.
Since season 2, basically.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tyler is possessed by one of these Travellers, if I get it right. Seriously.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Elite Fan

Really? Tyler gets possessed? That's what they are going to go with right now? Couldn't they have done this storyline a few episodes back and revealed Caroline to be possessed and it was actually some creepy Traveller in Caroline's body that slept with Klaus? Whatever, I think I'm starting to just not care anymore about this idiotic show. What Forwood was will always be special to me though.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread