Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Extreme Fan

anyone see Lois smile when she found out Clark will be working right next to her. OOOOH how I love that scene. I want more of those.

Last edited by nymike87; 09-18-2008 at 06:36 PM
nymike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ That's my fave scene of the episode. Can you post those screencaps on the Erica Durance thread Mike? I loved how Clark was saying "I just want to go home before" and then in the scene with Lois he was saying, "I'm going to be a little closer to home". Lois is home.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 09-18-2008 at 06:44 PM
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Extreme Fan

YouTube - Smallville Season 8 Clark & Lois C"little closer to home.."

Last edited by nymike87; 09-18-2008 at 07:47 PM
nymike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

glad people enjoyed it...i'll catch it this weekend probably...
so clark filled the app? no interview? and no prior experience?
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
glad people enjoyed it...i'll catch it this weekend probably...
so clark filled the app? no interview? and no prior experience?
yea NO interview they skipped all that. Experience he worked on the school paper. plus Chloe as REFERENCE no problem getting a job at DAILY.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no limits (View Post)
I got Thursday night off!!!

Alex - I better see a full review... no excuses!
And you shall have it

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok loved the episode but the photo the last ones last night of Lois i i didn't like her hair it was different . I like it pulled back or not so shaped. I know it was a crazy episode and all i can think of is Erica hair
i like the new Lex corp chick and the mad scientist who was testing chloe funny how she figured out Green Arrow/Oliver number .Was she being tested for her super speed reading ,or even better take thousands of numbers and find 3 phone # out of them she has visions .

Clark and the martian Manhunter i don't remember him being weakened by the sun but getting stronger . I am sure he did that last season had to fly to the sun or up above the earth to get back his strength perhaps prolonged exposure very close to the sun weakens him, clark knows now he needs to do what his destiny . Would have loved to have seen a CGI scene of them soaring or flying next to sun. Being Superman gets his strentgh from Yellow sun bringing him next to the sun healed him.

kinda missed a bit of Jimmy and Chloe she was saying yes to marriage he looked taken back. Then I saw kissing so is it sealed deal they are engaged.

As we all know there is no Lex Luthor this season at all . I think the only thing that would bring him back is if CW decides not to renew the series. If by some sad way they did do that perhaps michael would come back for the swan song.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

loved this episode, this season seems sweet!!! I love the new credits, it's weird without the old actors in the credit rolls though, but my favorite was the ending, when he finally accepts that he wants to be where the action is, and I love Lois. She was awesome!! I like this different intake on the daily planet view of Lois&Clark because they know each other here. So that's awesome! I wonder what happened to Lex though, that's a mind searcher and Chloe has more powers! With computers, that's awesome! Though she can't heal anymore. I loved Oliver saving Clark that was pretty awesome, some funny moments too. Tom looked gorgeous though in this episode, his hair is different!! hehe. But I gotta say this was a good episode. Next weeks looks pretty cool too! Erica hair is different too this season and darker, but I'm happy that they are in the same work area. hehe. But this was a fun eppie.
my lj site http://vamplover85.livejournal.com/
my art site Forever Dreaming
*BonesGirl85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to say I really loved the episode!

I'm not a huge Clois fan, but their scenes in the hallway when they were going to rescue Chloe were good.

I really liked Chloe trying to save him and Clark telling her not to. Even as he's dying he's still thinking of how this could kill her (or so he thinks?)

And I thought it was cool to have some of the JLA back!

Chloe's new power is also pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where this leads.

Chimmy does nothing for me, but I will admit, I thought Aaron and Allison did a really great job in that scene.

And can we just discuss how HOT Tom was in the rain?!
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Damn that was some fast hiring process for Clark. The DP must be in need of some reporters fast. they were just talking with each other that night about having double identities, then all of a sudden he's sitting there across from Lois AND WITH A NAME PLATE. Did they just skip the whole interview process or something? he just turns in an application and presto! he has a desk job??

also i hope J'onn doesn't lose his powers permanently. How the heck did he get them back if he did?? O_o it makes sense that the sun would weaken him at that distance since he's weak against fire, but stripping him of his powers? I guess they did it so that people wouldn't keep saying "Why doesn't the Martian save Clark?" all the time XD
Old 09-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

Finally saw the episode and damn their back on form. Watching the JL working to save Clark was great. Though I did miss Bart and Cyborg. I much prefer this much softer Dinah. Last time she was much to harsh this was much better.

The Clois interaction was great them working as a team and them in the DP was awsome. It really showed hints of the future Lane and Kent team. Which makes me very happy. They've really shown a more mature Clark and I hope that stays. I've been waiting for it for so long so it's about damn time.

Over all a great episode.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
Ugh I can't believe I actually liked the smallville premier. Justin Hartley was as gorgeous as ever and Tom was wet and had scruff going on Plus the new villain is basically the female Lex but she seems to have a thing for Lois then Lex had for Clark LOL Best part of the episode was Jimmy had one scene LOL I basically rolled my eyes at it lol my favorite part was Chloe almost risked her life for Clark But basically I give it a 7 out of 10.
I totally think Lois/Tess is the new Lex/Clark.. there were some serious sparks during that mansion scene! Seriously Tess was totally coming onto Lois!!!!

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:14 AM
Elite Fan

Loooooooved the episode!

All scenes involving Lois and the Justice Leaguers were amazing!

I could have done without Chloe though.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just saw the episode!

Man it was just incredible. The Justice League, Tess Mercer, everything. Okay so I'm gonna break down my review.

Intro

Opening Credits- Man they have done an incredible job with the new enterance series. We got scenes from Apocolypse even! And then to have the new characters of Tess and Doomsday (along with Green Arrow) in the mix is just awesome. For once I'm real happy not to see Lana or Lex as series regulars.

Justice League

"Boy Scout"/Clark- Gotta say that I was glad that Clark didn't have his powers. In the season 7 finale I was so afraid that that Lex would actually take control of Clark. Glad to see that didn't happen and instead the ultimate way of control was his loss of abilities. Really loved his interraction with Oliver in Russia. Their fighting was awesome. I had always wanted them to go head to head like that. It just would never have worked in the past since Clark had the upper hand with his powers.

Clark really held his own when it came to rescuing Chloe without his powers. Minus the whole getting shot.

"Green Arrow"/Oliver- Beyond overjoyed to have Justin Hartley in the opening credits. He was super hot in it. And then having him back as GA was cool. Justin really played the emotions off well: first and foremost when he said that he would not give up on Clark. LOL, love how he suggested to Clark about getting a home-made suit and leading a double identity. Glad it was Ollie to suggest to him about that. Love the parallels too: A superhero suggesting to another about leading double life and then it's Lois who helps Clark get into his human identity (as was witnessed in 'Apocolypse' anyways).

And his emotions when he shot Clark after the control juice got out of his system was simply amazing. You could really see that while Oliver has his Justice team, at the same time he and Clark are the closest and and the two really have become brothers!

"Black Canary"/Dana- So good to have her back again. Gotta love that sonic scream of hers. And she definately fits in well with the Justice team.

"Aquaman"/AC- Loved his grand enterance! And then without his shirt when he was captured: yum!

"Martian Manhunter"- I've always loved how he has become Clark's guardian angel and then for him to save Clark from death only to risk loosing his own powers in the process; definately the ultimate sacrifice.

Other Characters

Tess Mercer- Nothing against Lex Luthor but I'm excited about this new blood. I look forward to seeing more of her. She's definately got her own style so it's gonna be interesting.

Lois Lane- Totally rocked as usual. And I loved seeing her reaction at the end when she saw that Clark would be sitting across from her at the DP. You could right off the bat see she has feelings for him that she's nervous about but at the same time she's looking forward to it.

Chloe Sullivan- Real happy she said 'yes' to Jimmy's marriage proposal. I hope these two are happy together. And second, I want her new found ability!!! She's smarter than the average- what I would give for something like that. Look forward to seeing how she comes to use it in future episodes. And I'm curious as to why her healing ability didn't work?!

Conclusion

Last Thoughts- Really love that this show is taking a whole new direction. Should be one heck of a ride this year!

My Score Level- Definately rate this episode a 10+.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

This show needed a new direction and THANK GOD it has it! I love that Clark's finally working at the Daily Planet with Lois like he was supposed to do years ago.

Also love the Justice League coming together AND no Lana. Oh please, no mor Lana ... ever again!!!
The Perfect Neurotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread