Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2020, 04:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
It was amazing to watch his growth! and how much he loved Lois.

That quote is even more meaningful after the Crisis crossover with how in all the earths we've seen thus far, it seems any version of Clark and Lois are destined for each other... even on Earth-96, Brandon's Clark instantly felt a connection to Lois from Earth-38 before he even knew her name.

"Kent" was definitely special and I felt bad for Lois only because we know that Clark is who she is meant to be with but Clark is so evil in that earth. So she was pretty much in a loveless marriage... well she loved him but not to the full depths of how she'd love a Clark.
Ugh, I wish they hadn't taken things so far with Clark Luthor because I hate the idea of that Lois being so lonely and without the love of her life, (not because he's dead but because he was so vile). The end of "Kent" offered a sliver of hope that the Jor-L of that universe would at least (try to) whip his son back into shape and all wouldn't be so lost but it's still impossible to get past EVERYTHING that that Clark did and want that Lois anywhere near that train wreck.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Ugh, I wish they hadn't taken things so far with Clark Luthor because I hate the idea of that Lois being so lonely and without the love of her life, (not because he's dead but because he was so vile). The end of "Kent" offered a sliver of hope that the Jor-L of that universe would at least (try to) whip his son back into shape and all wouldn't be so lost but it's still impossible to get past EVERYTHING that that Clark did and want that Lois anywhere near that train wreck.
Personally I thought that was the beauty of these episodes and this universe/reality – to see the nurture over nature aspect and not everything turning out the same. It was also nice to see TW and ED in such different roles. The grey filters they used gave it a feeling of a film noir but with the super hero timey-whimey twist as opposed to the actual Noir episode. So it's just my personal opinion but I wasn't too fond about that hope of redemption for Clark Luthor. It kind of weakened what Tom had achieved for the character previously. As there is no Lex in this world, and with Oliver dead... I think if anything in the Clark & Lois relationship there... maybe from her looking so much like Jackie O at Ollie's funeral, I was more thinking that she could like Martha in the actual SV universe step up and continue Ollie's fight, get into office somehow and as I said without Lex – the relationship would be Lois and Clark Luthor as the great antagonists in this particular universe/reality.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-27-2020, 04:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I saw it as –*she loved Oliver in the alt!universe but when good and true Clark arrived from the regular universe and they had this encounter as shown in the gif series she probably saw what would may have been possible if her world had been different.

I must say I always thought I would be bothered by Lois/Oliver but strangely I was not. Probably because it was always clear that she was going to be with Clark in the end and during her scenes with Oliver she managed to make him more likeable to me. So I couldn't hate on it.

Anyway back to the Crisis crossover – I re-watched the scene today and Erica and Tom were so adorable. I wondered though, so it wasn't said, was it –*Lois just said to Clark that "the girls made a mess"... so how many daughters do they have, do we know?
I think in one of the comics (Secret Identity), they had twin girls.

Quote:
Personally I thought that was the beauty of these episodes and this universe/reality – to see the nurture over nature aspect and not everything turning out the same. It was also nice to see TW and ED in such different roles. The grey filters they used gave it a feeling of a film noir but with the super hero timey-whimey twist as opposed to the actual Noir episode. So it's just my personal opinion but I wasn't too fond about that hope of redemption for Clark Luthor. It kind of weakened what Tom had achieved for the character previously. As there is no Lex in this world, and with Oliver dead... I think if anything in the Clark & Lois relationship there... maybe from her looking so much like Jackie O at Ollie's funeral, I was more thinking that she could like Martha in the actual SV universe step up and continue Ollie's fight, get into office somehow and as I said without Lex – the relationship would be Lois and Clark Luthor as the great antagonists in this particular universe/reality.
Interesting take. Yes the episodes were great for what you listed, it's just my shipper heart that was saddened that there was no hope really, for them ever getting together because that Clark was such a colossal mess. There's actually a "continuation" of sorts in the comics S11 written by the same writers as the show which is even more bleak.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-27-2020 at 04:36 AM
Old 01-27-2020, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for sharing your comic knowledge with me. I must admit the only one I have and read was the one where Lana and Lois team up against Corben.

Twin girls? That's lovely.

And oh wow, so if it doesn't veer too much off course, what happened in this "continuation" that made things more bleak?

Also yeah, look, I always come up with scenarios for all the things I will never write so... but they keep popping up.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-27-2020, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your comic knowledge with me. I must admit the only one I have and read was the one where Lana and Lois team up against Corben.

And oh wow, so if it doesn't veer too much off course, what happened in this "continuation" that made things more bleak?

Also yeah, look, I always come up with scenarios for all the things I will never write so... but they keep popping up.
I don't think that's from the Smallville Season 11 Comics. I think that's from Superman Comics in general.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

The Clark Luthor continuation that rpmaluki spoke of?

Old 01-27-2020, 05:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
I don't think that's from the Smallville Season 11 Comics. I think that's from Superman Comics in general.
That Corben fight was Smallville S11.

Quote:

COIE happened and that universe was amongst the first to go, Chloe was a sole survivor who came to our Clois' universe to warn them. As it turned out Oliver was cheating on Lois with Chloe. So we don't really know how far Jor-L got with that Clark and I got the feeling that universe didn't survive due to Clark being so corrupted by his upbringing. He wasn't in the right frame of mind to withstand the destruction of his universe while the Smallville universe barely survived due to Clark's strength of character. it was quite convoluted but that's how I interpreted the story.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Wow yeah that sounds messed up. Especially since in the Luthor/Kent episodes Chloe wasn't even present. It feels very weird. Thank you for explaining the story arc. Now I definitely don't want to check it out.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The Clark Luthor continuation that rpmaluki spoke of?
No. I was referring to the two twin daughters.

Quote:
Old 01-28-2020, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

My comic knowledge is terrible but I think in 2015 some post-Crisis comic book series was released with a married Clark/Lois where they were having a son, son, Jonathan Samuel Kent. Much like in the Arrowverse crossover. It seems that mostly when Clark and Lois have a daughter she is named Lara, which makes sense. On one instance they seem to have twin girls called Carol and Jane (kind of random?), but then again when you read the description the mother's name is Lois but not Lane and they are described as pure Kryptonian in Superman: Secret Identiy (2004)?

https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Superman_as_a_father

Source: https://lostsoulincssea.tumblr.com/

Old 01-28-2020, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tom and Erica. Love this!

I'll reply to all the stuff here later! I love a great discussion! Thank you guys.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for bringing this over. They are super adorable!

Old 01-28-2020, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I saw it as –*she loved Oliver in the alt!universe but when good and true Clark arrived from the regular universe and they had this encounter as shown in the gif series she probably saw what would may have been possible if her world had been different.

I must say I always thought I would be bothered by Lois/Oliver but strangely I was not. Probably because it was always clear that she was going to be with Clark in the end and during her scenes with Oliver she managed to make him more likeable to me. So I couldn't hate on it.

Anyway back to the Crisis crossover – I re-watched the scene today and Erica and Tom were so adorable. I wondered though, so it wasn't said, was it –*Lois just said to Clark that "the girls made a mess"... so how many daughters do they have, do we know?

Yep, and you can tell that Lois felt that connection with Clark that even she probably didn't truly comprehend much. But she believed every word Clark told her and when he said, "I can't live in a world where you don't love me." That was too much!

Oh I loved Oliver/Lois. lol I didn't ship them but I enjoyed every scene they shared and how they were able to transition to an amazing friendship even after their break up.

I just assume 2 daughters but who knows.

Quote:

I know more general comic book knowledge than probably the season 11 Smallville comics since I didn't read all of them yet.

Quote:

I agree. That's how I saw it... Lois will be in relationships but never with the love of her life who is suppose to be Clark but his upbringing is so terrible that I wouldn't want Lois around that even if I'd be intrigued as to how a relationship between them would be if they fell in love.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mexico City, I hope they enjoy Tom and Erica's company.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread