Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Moderator Manager

I feel that after the war would be perfect for the realization of both to sink in. It would've been nice to see how the relationship developed from that time but that's what the fanfics are for.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

I like it when writers put them together after the war and give some look into the way things went at that periode of time about the Wizarding world, all the characters and Harry & Luna's life individually, taking that in the books, sadly, we did not get to read about it and the last chapter was then cut to Epiloge. Nice to see fans working on giving their own interpretation of possible post-war events. I like fanfics where Luna is helping Harry to cope with all the loss and acts like a typical Luna but then turns out she is experiencing sadness and grief herself a lot, only doesn't show it, but Harry realizes it and tries to help her too. I remember reading the one like that and I really loved it.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not really a fan of rushed couples in general but especially with kids, it's that much harder to take them seriously if they rush into it. Since their relationships wouldn't be as mature, I think it's that much more important to let them happen gradually if I'm supposed to see them as 'meant to be'. So I'm happy with HL's relationship in the books as it is. And especially with Harry, he really wasn't fit to be in a relationship while he was still in school. I find Harry/anyone, not just HL, much more believable post-war.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm not a fan of rushed couples too, I usually thrive on angst and conflict, I don't know why. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if H/L ended up together because they're good friends and have this deep understanding and friendship. I'd rather Harry ends up with Luna than say, Cho.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, the conflict for me is an important aspect that makes me root for a couple. That is why most of my beloved couples had to go through tones of angst and build up before actually happening And like Johanna said, it is even harder to buy into a couple involving very young people when it happens in a rushed manner, especially when they are still technically kids. That's why I was more than ok with HL not being an actual romance in the series even though I'll be forever sad because the door wasn't left open for them. I could have been ok with them ending up together but my ideal ending for them would have been an open ending with a perspective for them to be together after the war being left.

Also, I think I'll express an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked and enjoyed Harry/Cho. I find their storyline to be a good representation of a first strong feeling two young people can have for each other and considering what both characters went through in book 4, I find it admirable that they actually tried to be in a relationship and tried to be good for each other in book 5. I mean, Cho lost someone she really liked and possibly was in love with, Cedric. He died a young unfair and horrible death. Harry was blamed for it many times by other people but Cho somehow was not that narrow minded despite her pain and grief and she didn't blame Harry. She knew that Harry was in pain too and she tried to help him the way she could, like joining DA. She was willing to fight by his side and she took his side just because she trusted him evne though in her situation it would have been understandable if she ddin't trust anyone at all. I think Harry and Cho both had too much on their plate at that point and the feeling they shared didn't last long so their relationship fell apart, but I respect them both for at least trying to be there for each other. Idk, just felt like adding my two cents

Old 03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Moderator Manager

I understand but we'll have to agree to disagree on Cho/Harry. He was Harry's crush but she never liked him the way he did? She probably admired him but when Cedric died, that was the only time she got to think of Harry which I didn't like. I just think if they were to end up as a couple, I didn't like the development or how their relationship was going. And I didn't see the point of the mistletoe kiss too. Unexpected and cute = yes. Make me swoon = not really. But again that's just me.

Anyway, going back to H/L, I'd rather have them together than Cho because they were friends and romantically it wasn't going to be forced. It was gonna happen in time and when we least expect it. At least I hope in some afterlife it would be.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I wasn't trying to say that I wanted Harry/Cho as endgame, not at all. I absolutely don't see them even being a long lasting relationship, it's just that I managed to appreciate them for what they were, you know? I always thought that Cho loved Cedric more and after his death she tried to move on and I appreciate her attempt but I guess it was just way too early. Not the right time, not the right situation...

If Harry and Luna had happened romantically during the series (even though my ideal way of them happening would be after the war) I definitely would have wanted to happen somewhere during book 7. I think in HBP he should have probably started feeling something for her, but I can picture them officially getting together in the last book, maybe with Harry realizing he has nothing left to lose and he has to open up about his feelings.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

I'm kind of on the fence about Harry/Cho. I don't think they had anything real between them, it was just Harry crushing on her from afar and Cho wanting closure with Cedric. Not that I don't think she genuinely liked Harry in some way but he was also her last connection to Cedric so she wound up torn between wanting to move on and wanting to hold onto him, which only made her more upset. So in that sense I don't see HC as a very healthy relationship. However I don't think she was awful for pursuing Harry, it was human of her, and I don't think she deserved the jabs at her in the last two books, though it is from Harry's perspective so what can you do. But maybe in entirely different circumstances things could've been different but they would've had to actually get to know each other to see.

Sorry, I'll get back on topic now. IA that if HL were to get together during the series that it should've been the last book. The 5th one was just kind of the set up so I feel like the 6th book should solidify their friendship and drop bigger hints at something more. Then it could all come together in the 7th. But even so, it would have to be done carefully because the upcoming war was a much bigger priority. I wouldn't want to see HL be like Remus/Tonks.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, basically, that is how I feel as well. I respect what Harry/Cho had but I also understand why exactly they didn't work. Also I don't think Harry's relationship with Cho deserved to recieve all those subtle digs in the last two books.

True. I actually wouldn't have changed anything with HL in book 5. I thought the build up there was perfect and their final scene left a way for so much to be done with their bond in the future. Then book 6 should have sort of dropped some hints about these two, but without anything serious happening because I just don't like the idea of Harry being romantically involved with anyone at that point, even if it's Luna. And book 7 could have made some sort of obvious points about why Harry/Luna are so good for each other and naturally put them together "officially". At least that is the only way I see it working with HL if I had to imagine how it would have gone with them during the series and not post-war.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Book 5 would definitely be that time they first me, the getting-to-know you stage. Book 6 will be the development of the friendship. This time around they know each other more and rely on each other for help (Luna's a great witch). Book 7 for me they would just basically be there for each other, a little romance here & there but like what Johana said, the war is priority so anything that would have to involve their feelings for each other would have to wait. And that's why I want them to have a relationship after the war - when everything else has settled down because by then the realization will sink in.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

^ In my ideal world it would have definitely happened after the war I mean the actual romance, actual relationship. But I like everything you suggested, Lindsey. I think book 6 should have given us more of HL friendship had it been going in a diarection of their romance and book 7 should have given us them being there for each other and maybe some recognision of feelings but nothing too official or serious. Maybe a kiss though And then I would have left the door open and dropped few hints about them getting together after the war. I love when HL fanfics choose that way to deal with their story.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Ooooohhhh, a kiss would be good! That would definitely be the start of something.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

I can picture the kiss being a not so forced but a rather sweet hint at them possibly being together in the future. I wouldn't need to know how it ended years later for them, just having a hint dropped would have been nice.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I would've been so good with an open ending. Honestly that's the kind of ending I think would've been best for Harry when it comes to romance, no matter who the girl was. He had too much else to deal with to really be part of a an official couple and that's not what he should be remembered for. But I just see so much potential for HL even with how it's already written though I certainly wouldn't have complained if they shared a kiss that would be hinted as the start of a brand new adventure.

Last edited by blue winter roses; 03-24-2012 at 12:52 PM
Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Moderator Manager

I would love for Harry to have a girlfriend or married by the time HP ends so I can't imagine him not having a happy ending after all that he's been through. But everytime I think of HL, they can most certainly wait until after the war.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top