Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Willow/Xander should get together. They deserve each other.
Well they should have in season 1.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

.................no
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Eh I've lost any interest in Xander and Williw together after s3 they had their opportunity to be together but they chose to act on those feelings while in serious/not so serious relationships? I didn't like that.

Where do you all see Faith? Though Nancy Holder's novel take on what happened after season 8 was kinda crazy and totally unsatisfactory..... I did like that faith and robin were off doing their own thing and closing the hellmouth in Cleveland. I think with Faith it'd be nice for her to have her own four episode arc that takes us away from the main scoobies while she's doing her own thing, whether that pretains to the Cleveland hellmouth or her relationship with robin as they fend off some baddie. Season 8 could've been novelistic in that way, by splitting the gang up and using a specific amount of eps to show what's going on in their lives and where... and then the last ten eps they all round up and take down the season's main big bad.

So where do you all see faith?
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 07-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Eh I've lost any interest in Xander and Williw together after s3 they had their opportunity to be together but they chose to act on those feelings while in serious/not so serious relationships? I didn't like that.
A random thought about Xanders relationship. I kinda went through his ships in my head and realized that the one ship I liked with him was with the Inca Mummy Girl. I actually think she was a wasted opportunity, she could've been an interesting member of the team and a very good partner for Xander. So I'd either introduce a character for Xander similar to her at least in personality or flat out resurrect the IMG either as a living person(like with Darla) or a mummy( for angst potential kinda mirroring Angel for extra irony).

As a side note a sufficiently powerful and devious Imhotep style mummy would also make for a decent villain Hmm, maybe Osiris sent somebody after Willow(and Tara)?

Quote:
Where do you all see Faith? Though Nancy Holder's novel take on what happened after season 8 was kinda crazy and totally unsatisfactory..... I did like that faith and robin were off doing their own thing and closing the hellmouth in Cleveland. I think with Faith it'd be nice for her to have her own four episode arc that takes us away from the main scoobies while she's doing her own thing, whether that pretains to the Cleveland hellmouth or her relationship with robin as they fend off some baddie. Season 8 could've been novelistic in that way, by splitting the gang up and using a specific amount of eps to show what's going on in their lives and where... and then the last ten eps they all round up and take down the season's main big bad.

So where do you all see faith?
Well I'd obviously explore her relationship with Robin. Yeah a badass couples side-story has potential definitely although since AtS happened I'm kinda allergic to fragment the group and Buffy should always be the center of the story.

An idea I have is that we could play up the opposites theme between her and Buffy. As Faith learns the values of a normal relatonship through Robin, now its Buffy who is starting to lose the ability to be part of such relationships. She stops trying altogether and becomes more and more dead inside(this could leave its mark on her leadership practices too as she becomes more cold and calculating though efficient).

It doesn't mean she doesn't do anything when she wants some action. She takes up a predatory lifestyle, seducing good looking but easy to get guys, sleeps with them then throws them out. Lets be honest Buffy definitely has this in her too. Obviously this game would last until the ABS reunion happens.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

I find it kinda funny that after Season 7 Robin/Faith aren't really mentioned again. I remember reading in the AU post-S7 novel "Dark Congress" that they had broken up and weren't speaking to each other anymore, but that's about it. Other than that, nothing at all.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't really see any reason dramatic or otherwise to break them up. Wasted potential. This could very well be in the top 3 ships of the "Expanded Buffyverse" IMO if a little effort is put into it.

The more I hear about the current Buffy continuations the less I like them TBH....
Old 07-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont know I feel they should of went there in season 1 to kind of get it over with.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah they're honestly not that great, I peak in every once and while to see what's happening and Dawn is dying apparently, Illyria is now team Buffy and xander is a traitor so yeah.... things are all screwy. I read a synopsis on dark congress and it didn't sound that good, I read queen of the slayers years ago and that one was okay.... Until Buffy-spike-angel had this super hybrid baby thing idk what that was.... But yeah, the faith and angel series is okay, at the least. I peak into that every once and a while too. Giles is finally back from the dead, but stuck in his teenage body? Idk if you're a huge files fan and wanna learn abt his background that'd be a good series to follow.
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 07-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Also Buffy was sired by the original/First Vampire, so I'm kinda glad I'm not following them

The greatest thing about the comics, for me at least, was they broke up Willow/Kennedy.

I mean, I'm glad Joss & the writers are trying to keep the comics alive, but they need to stop making all these dramatic events happen. Why can't the comics go back to the kinda Seasons 1, 2, 3 feels, the everyday life stuff, etc?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I want Dawn/Connor somehow.

Bander!

I hate him and that is just gross.

I would accept Buffy with Spike and Angel before that.
Pretty much.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

I totally agree with you Jaime. We need Dawn/Connor
Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dawn and Conner would of been interesting.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

I ship 'em
Old 08-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
I ship 'em
Yeah me too.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

I'm gonna try and write a fic for them