Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike told Fred when he wasn't a ghost there that he was in fire that sounds like Hell to me.

I mean when he would disappear and then come back on ATS

I think that means that Spike was in hell before he got out of amulet.

No just SpuffCan.

I agree with you. I think we need to see some time with Buffy finding some happiness.

I really don't think she has had that since she became the slayer.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spike told Fred when he wasn't a ghost there that he was in fire that sounds like Hell to me.

I mean when he would disappear and then come back on ATS

I think that means that Spike was in hell before he got out of amulet.
Really? I stand corrected then. I hope it had really fast time too so a few centuries passed between appearances....

BTW I think the jokes about Chosen didn't do any favors regarding my perception on the whole thing either. But then this is why I don't accept a large part of AtS as canon.

Quote:
No just SpuffCan.
Faith will be dissapponted though... She found both guys sexy and I think she would try it with Buffy too especially after the body swap. She is missing her body

BTW a good thing about this ultra-ship is that we wouldn't have to worry about who made Buffy pregnant since both guys are steril There won't be "I'm convinced _ is the father so _is still more valid " opinions. They'll just all agree who they want to adopt.

Quote:
I agree with you. I think we need to see some time with Buffy finding some happiness.

I really don't think she has had that since she became the slayer.
Yeah and it explains the sorry state she is in. But I think an "era" change is the best time to do something about it.

You know now that we are discussing this I'm actually a little sad that nothing of this will become a reality There are just too many cool things which could still happen in that universe for it to die forever.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I get that Joss wanted Willow to go off the deep end.

I wish losing Tara wasn't the way.

I don't think it made sense for Willow to move on So easily in Season 7.
It wasn't the way at all. I still hold to the fact that if Tara had only been wounded in "Seeing Red", it still would have sent Willow off the deep end because she would have been in shock, and have thought that Tara was dead. And then during "Grave", we would have seen Tara coming to stop Willow with Xander, and we would have had a truly emotional moment
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

For me I think for the first few episodes of s8, like hmm episode 5... I'd like to see the gang right after the destruction of Sunnydale ont he road and trying to pick up the pieces and on the way through different towns they come across some major baddies and help stop them, and of course they have something to do with the big bad of the season... The Season premiere should definitely be a big crossover event with Ats like right before they head over to wolfram and hart in s5... cause i could really picture Buffy and the gang going there for shelter at the Hyperion and then they learn that Angel and co. agreed to work fro wolfram and hart and at the end of the ep, after they've stopped the episodic baddie Buffy thinks it would be wise to cut some ties to angel cause she isn't fully sure she can trust him due to his new ties to the law firm. Then around episode 6/7 skip a couple months ahead and we see that they're in different places, they're living different lives and such.... i'll hit you guys back on here when i can think of storylines! lol

And actually that could've worked for the end of the season but the thing is Willow could've gone off the deep end while Tara's health was left questionable while she was in a comma or something, don't you guys think that if Willow absorbed enough magic it just would've been WAAAAYYY too easy to revive her? Like Willow needed that angst to push her through to her darkness... and i honestly thought Tara's death was the way to go... it was sad, but it was much needed in my book
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Again, if Willow was in shock and thought that Tara was dead when she had really just been wounded, we would have still had that necessary amount of angst neccessary to make her go 'insane' per say
Old 07-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How would that work since she died in Willow's arms and went evil because they wouldn't help her bring her back?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

The problem with Tara being just wounded is that Willow would've figured it out and that'd have prevented her from going insane. IIRC she didn't rush out to murder Warren immediately. She first checked if Tara is alive then when she realized she is dead she still tried to raise her with magic. Only when Osiris refused to raise her and she realized that she lost her forever did she rush out to kill Warren.

I see two options here for Willow to go insane. Its either because Tara dies or because of something entirely unrelated to her.

Actually the whole theme with Willow was that she started to abuse her magical power and screwed up big time when she thought she can mess with things she doesn't understand. This is what should've caused her downfall IMO. There should've been a Big bad or some other crisis which she tries to solve with magic( despite people telling her not to try it because its too dangerous) but it goes wrong and she ends up possessed, corrupted , whatever which'd cause her to go on a murderous rampage.

As a matter of fact she should've been the one who allows the First to start her game with the slayers( instead of that canon breaking nosense) and she could've even filled the role of Caleb. I mean there are already connections between the First and Willows magic even now so I think expanding on that idea wouldn't have been far fetched.

Obviously Tara would've been the key to defeat and if possible redeem her.

I think the dramatic potential of this story would've been enormous. Far more significant than the one where we throw out a cool main character for an awful, nonsensical storyline nobody liked.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

Season 6 & to a greater degree, Season 7, are both so screwed up with the characters I can't even wrap my head around it.

Again, with my theory, Willow simply would have been in shock and would have been unable to feel Tara's pulse because at the point she saw the blood and the bullet hole, she would have already been thrown into the state of anger, shock, and saddness that she was in in the real episode. She still could have contacted Osiris, and he would have told her no, but I really doubt he would have said something along the lines of "Tara isn't dead, stop." He probably would have let the events play out.

I absolutely love your ideas Morbius! Why couldn't we have had something like that on the show? Why did they have to kill my beloved Tara?

.......Sorry, I get emotional when it comes to Tara
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay so what else would you guys like to see? The Buffy comics have completely murdered Xander's character, with him suddenly being in love with Dawn, imo... so where do you all see him? I definitely would want to see him trying to get past Anya... maybe have her haunt him a bit and then realize it was all a conscious thing of how he couldn't save her and all that... and then have him move on with another slayer... of course as I look back on what i just wrote that pretty much happened with Willow in s7 :/ LOL but yeah... what do you guys want to happen with him?

Ooh or how about Andrew? I always thought his character could've been expanded a bit more, he was probably one of the best things abt s7 with the comedic relief... would you all liked to have seen him in more serious plots or keep up with the comic relief?
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

I wanna see Dawnie trying to have a semi-normal life, one that doesn't involve being around supernatural elements, and dating Demons. I just wanna see her having a normal, happy, non-supernatural-y life.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wait who is Dannie?

Never mind you meant Dawn :lol;
Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I call Dawn by her nickname 'Dawnie' I forget that I do that
Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The Buffy comics have completely murdered Xander's character, with him suddenly being in love with Dawn
Xander loving Dawn? No, thats obviously not what should happen....

I'd introduce a brand new character for Dawn, its about time she had her first Angelic experience. There is nobody in the current roster who'd qualify as Dawnies LI IMO.

As for Xander. His storyline now should obviously revolve around Anyas death. I'd expect him to go through some change and emotional turmoil and stuff.

I can see him at least temporarily leaving the group getting fed up with losing everything for a cause which isn't his own. What he does and why he returns( if he returns) being a subplot in itself.

Another option is that with Anyas death his Buffy obsession resurfaces and obviously causes problems between him and Buffy and the vamp guys. In this scenario he doesn't leave but gets kicked out. If you ever wanted to do a sort of evil xander story now would be the time also.

Quote:
Ooh or how about Andrew? I always thought his character could've been expanded a bit more, he was probably one of the best things abt s7 with the comedic relief... would you all liked to have seen him in more serious plots or keep up with the comic relief?
Frankly there was too much Andrew in the last two seasons for me compared to how little was solved regarding the more important older characters. He was introduced, fleshed out into main character status, changed sides etc. Focus more on the mains first and if we don't have anything better to do and its a downtime then do something with him. Definitely keep him as comic relief though because with Xander losing that position we need that.

Also find a way to fill in the whole Cordy left in the sarcasting humor department.

Also it'd be time to think about villains. We have a few old ones who could return later and one current who needs to be defeated if we even care about AtS but first we'd need to freshen up the roster with new faces.

Again if we apply a more global scale to the continuation we have a few interesting options with country specific monsters and myths.

Quote:
Season 6 & to a greater degree, Season 7, are both so screwed up with the characters I can't even wrap my head around it.

I absolutely love your ideas Morbius! Why couldn't we have had something like that on the show? Why did they have to kill my beloved Tara?
Its obviously not easy to make a show like this and much less making it so succesfull so I don't want to pretend that I could've done a better job than them.

Its just that in retrospect most of the problems could have been so easy to fix with a little thinking and it could've improved the show so much along with a few realy missed opportunities.

I just don't know why they didn't do it.

Last edited by Morbius; 07-11-2013 at 04:13 PM
Old 07-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

I think at that point, the writers were so into this idea they had that they weren't really into even considering new ideas.

I also agree with you on Dawnie's love interest. I think it's long overdue for her to have someone in her life that she could consider her soul-mate
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
Yeah, I call Dawn by her nickname 'Dawnie' I forget that I do that
No it'sokay ol
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top