Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2016, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh thats sad. but i like that in the later episodes they become friends again!

and yeah only 4 episodes. i kind of dont want to finish.

but I'm so glad i have the revival to look forward to!

719:

Loved seeing LL interact again. Besides that it felt a bit filler though... Only 3 episodes after this one.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-18-2016 at 09:16 AM
Old 05-18-2016, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I loved their banter in that episode.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

You're almost to the end
Old 05-19-2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

i know amy!

Yeah, their banter was really good and they were back to being themselves. It was so obvious how much they enjoyed each others company too.

7x20

Rory's dream sequence was pretty funny but didn't really feel like GG to me. I felt so bad for her that she didn't get her internship in New York.

Glad that Richard was back on the show and feeling better.

Lorelei went into Luke's diner . He was wearing her blue hat. awwww. I love when he got the black one back and just stuffed it in his pocket.

"I will always love you" with Luke walking in was sad but also cute. I thought as a scene though it was a bit too long. but lukes smile was so sweet.

The Luke/Zack friendship is actually kind of cute.

Logan showing up at the end. When he asked Lorelai's permission to marry her, I admit, that was really sweet.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I loved that Luke continued to wear the blue hat. And IWALY was sad. You can definitely tell she was directing it at Luke once he walked in.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I FINISHED, I FINISHED!!!: After 8 months I am finally done. lol

721:
What’s with all the singing lately? LOL.

The LL scene was sad of course.

I was glad when Rory didn’t say yes to Logan’s proposal.

It was great seeing her graduate and the Lorelai/Rory smile was adorable!

I don’t know if I blame Logan for breaking things off with Rory because that hard to accept a rejected proposal. But man, he didn’t even try to be okay with it.

The Taylor speech Rory's speech was so cute to her mom.

722:

Great episode. Great ending to a lovable series.

Luke planning the party for Rory was great. AND SHE GOT A JOB!

I really didn't miss Logan at all. However, there definitely wasnt closure so it'll be nice to see something in the revival.

I liked that it was raining because it felt special and realistic. It was cute to see everyone standing there and a good way to bring everyone together.

the scene with Lorelei and her parents was the sweetest thing ever. Richard...

"It takes a remarkable person to inspire all this."

I wanted a tiny more for L/L. I was disappointed slightly they didnt get a tiny bit more but at least they were on the right track. The kiss scene was really dang cute. "I just wanna see you happy." awww. And he gave her the necklace. It's my head canon they were just back together after that.

my favorite scene ever was the lorelai/emily scene where lorelai said she was still going to friday night dinners and emily was so happy... i almost teared up at that part.

Ending scene at the dinner was awesome. I like that it ended where it began and with Luke there.

---

Favorite/Least Favorite Character
Favorite this season I'm not sure. I was liking Rory again, and Lorelei too actually, they were both great this season.
Least favorite was errrrr Christopher. I dont have anything against him really, I think he's a nice guy, I just think there was too much of him.

Favorite/Least favorite couple
Luke/Lorelai were finally get back on track and I liked the angst this season.
Least favorite was Lor/Chris because she just rushed into it.

Fav/Least fav friendships
Glad to see some sookie/lorelai again.
No least favorite.

Favourite/least fav Storyline Arc:
Favorite was maybe the end where L/L started interacting again, everything after Lorelei and Chris broke up
Least favorite was by far chris/lorelai only because they spent SO much time and focus on them in the beginning.

Favourite/Least fav Episode
Favorites were 701, 702 - good start to the season. 710, l/l interacting again. 713 when Richard was in the hospital. That batch of episodes surrounding it were pretty good. 718 with the hale bale maze stuff. great episode. 722 finale. Good ending imo.
least favs were 706-709. BORING and too much c/l for my taste.

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?
saddest was just the show ending in general, rory leaving. its hard after watching this show for so many months. most shocking was maybe c/l getting married.

What were you disappointed with? what would you change/have done differently?
i thought the second half was good, the first half there was too much focus on chris/lor. i feel like a broken record but its true. i wish they had only dated briefly, and NO MARRIAGE considering it went no where. Also wanted L/L back together sooner and officially.

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?
Wish Jess had come back. I also wanted more focus on Luke and maybe the luke/rory relationship. I missed it. Also maybe gigi/rory as they only really had 1 scene together.

What do you want to see happen next yearin the revival?
SO COOL I GET TO ANSWER THIS NOT KNOWING WHAT WILL HAPPEN LOL.
-Logan closure with Rory and seeing more growth.
-Jess/Rory getting back together.
-L/L happy together either married or getting re-married.
-L/L kids?
-More of the core friendships from the early seasons.
-more emily/lorelai stuff.

How does this season compare to previous seasons?
I thought the season was okay. Better than season 6. It wasn't as good as 1-5 but it started out good, and as soon as Lorelei/Chris broke things off around episode 12 I thought the ending episodes were really good!
Season 1- 10/10
Season 5 - 10/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 2 - 9/10
Season 4 - 7/10
Season 7 - 6/10
Season 6 - 5/10

THIS WAS SO FUN <3. I'm stoked for the revival now.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-20-2016 at 08:50 AM
Old 05-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

so glad you were able to finish!! I love reading all your thoughts on the show! I really need to do a rewatch before the revival. I have forgotten so much that happened on the show. Reading thought your thoughts made me realize I didn't remember as much as I thought I did.

I am so excited for the revival and I can't wait to see what you think about it too after it's released.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I loved that Richard line. And that grand gesture from Luke is one of my favorites.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

i thought it was a great finale!

thanks for reading guys, it was fun having people around to discuss with during the rewatch.

im so excited to watch there revival with everyone else AT THE SAME TIME.

it took FOREVER but it was fun.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

It was nice reading your thoughts about the episodes.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i thought it was a great finale!

thanks for reading guys, it was fun having people around to discuss with during the rewatch.

im so excited to watch there revival with everyone else AT THE SAME TIME.

it took FOREVER but it was fun.
Aw yay! Glad you liked the finale. I loved reading your thoughts on the seasons and episodes, Alex, please don't be a stranger and visit us when the revival gets released!
Old 11-14-2016, 04:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Rewatched the first 5 eps:

- I’ll start with the thing I hated the most about this season, which is also one of the things I hate most about the whole show – Lane’s pregnancy. Bad first sex would have been an ok sl in and of itself. But no to the pregnancy. (And then in the end Zach goes on tour while she stays home, if I remember correctly? I blocked that whole thing from my memory.) The scene where LZ were freaking out together was cute, I’ll admit, but still no. No. I hate the entire 7.02 because of this, though it’s not necessarily a bad ep on the whole.

- Luke apologizing to Lorelai? Wth? She’s the one who gave him an ultimatum. She was in the wrong.

- Onto more positive things, given ASP was not around, the writers imo did a good job of maintaining similar wit in the show. Dialogues don’t feel off to me so far.

- I take back what I said about the pointlessness of revisiting CL at this time. Well, actually, no. It is pointless. But I love them together, their chemistry is always great and their scenes fun, so I enjoy them even though it's clear she's not over Luke.

- Speaking of Luke, I was dreading post-break up Luke was going to be written like in 5.16, but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, he punched Christopher. Yes, he was briefly a jerk to Lorealai. But they left it at that, without making him hiss at and physically throw out random customers because he’s upset. So, much better than 5.16.

- Speaking of Luke some more, liked the scenes around the time when Kirk crashed into his diner due to Taylor's latest pointless idiocy because it was classic "I can't with these people" Luke.

- T.J. started annoying me at some point earlier (s5 when he invaded Luke’s apartment for an ep and would just not leave, s6 when he thought he was a contractor), but time he spent with Luke so far this season was actually cute. Just don’t overdo it and T.J.’s fine.

- I like seeing more of Luke/April bonding.

- “Cotillions are not fun parties. They're boring rituals to train a whole new generation of snobs.” “Yes, the tables are set, and the tea is brewed, and I've hired some extra poor people for the girls to look down on.” Now, 7.03 is the first (and probably) last time I ever heard even the word cotillion, but, from what we’ve seen of Emily’s creepiness with the girls, I’m 110% with Lorelai. Dressing in gowns and dancing to classical music could be fun though. So long as nobody is making you learn silly rituals and trying to indoctrinate you into being a "proper lady."

- Speaking of 7.03, I loved Lorelai’s “do I like what I like because I like it or because my mom dislikes it?” I had a different problem with my mom though (i.e. she is a Lorelai type and therefore really difficult to rebel against; I once briefly tried being religious to contradict her because I was out of ideas).

- Like 7.04 for CL and Emily getting arrested.

- Like 7.05 for CL, RL, smelly pickles and Gilmore family dynamic.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
- I’ll start with the thing I hated the most about this season, which is also one of the things I hate most about the whole show – Lane’s pregnancy. Bad first sex would have been an ok sl in and of itself. But no to the pregnancy. (And then in the end Zach goes on tour while she stays home, if I remember correctly? I blocked that whole thing from my memory.) The scene where LZ were freaking out together was cute, I’ll admit, but still no. No. I hate the entire 7.02 because of this, though it’s not necessarily a bad ep on the whole.
Completely agree. Lane was so awesome, fighting hard to be her own person, she falls in love and bam, gone are her dreams and she becomes a Ms. Kim...

Quote:
- Luke apologizing to Lorelai? Wth? She’s the one who gave him an ultimatum. She was in the wrong.
I disagree. She may have given him an ultimatum, but he was just as much at fault for their break-up. As he said in his apology, he pushed her away. He didn't let her be a part of April's life after not even telling Lorelai in the first place.

Quote:
- Onto more positive things, given ASP was not around, the writers imo did a good job of maintaining similar wit in the show. Dialogues don’t feel off to me so far.
The whole reason I don't really hate s7, but I just hated the sl's.

Can't wait to hear about your opinions on the other episodes.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

First off, the title of this thread is super depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
I don't think everything's as black and white as you make it seem. First off, Lorelai's ultimatum was the result of the therapist basically telling her to do so. I'm going to include it incase anyones forgot what she said.

Quote:
CAROLYN: So...what are you gonna do? Only you can make you wait. Nobody else can. You need to decide what you want and what you're willing to give up to get it, and then you got to be okay with that, or you got to be okay with waiting.

LORELAI: I could lose him if I push too hard.

CAROLYN: You don't really seem to have him now, at least not the way you want to have him. You won't get anything unless you ask for it. And if you ask for it and you don't get it, maybe it wasn't worth having in the first place. Some things are just never meant to be, no matter how much we wish they were.
Lorelai didn't just start feeling crappy out of the blue/overnight. This meltdown was her breaking point after being left in the dark for months. The most important part of it is that Lorelai became someone she couldn't even recognize herself. Luke pushed her to this. He never moved in after they renovated the house, he wouldn't let Lorelai get to know April, he waited two months to tell her about his daughter. He was constantly pushing Lorelai away. He used to be able to tell what she was feeling just by looking at her and now he had missed how miserable she'd been lately. He was just as much a part of the break up for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
I disagree. She may have given him an ultimatum, but he was just as much at fault for their break-up. As he said in his apology, he pushed her away. He didn't let her be a part of April's life after not even telling Lorelai in the first place.
I'm in the same boat as you on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
- I take back what I said about the pointlessness of revisiting CL at this time. Well, actually, no. It is pointless. But I love them together, their chemistry is always great and their scenes fun, so I enjoy them even though it's clear she's not over Luke.
I despise this love triangle. More so than Lucas/Peyton/Brooke in One Tree Hill and that's a hard one to compete with.

I understand Lorelai's thought process on sticking it out and actually trying with Christopher since she believes her and Luke are done forever and that this may be her last chance at happiness since Christopher's always been a possibility for her. I do however think they jumped into the relationship super super fast and I wasn't ready or prepared for it. Then everything that follows with them is just a rushed mess. I don't know.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

About LL, I don’t think Luke was completely blameless for their break up, but I do think Lorelai trying to push him into the marriage was out of line. I don’t see what pressuring him into the marriage was supposed to accomplish. Had he married her just not to lose her, they would have ended up unhappy imo. She could have addressed the increasing lack of communication in their relationship without demanding an immediate marriage. I like that she realized this herself eventually

Quote:
SOOKIE: Did it have to be? I mean, did the answer have to be no?
LORELAI: No. I mean, I guess I could be married right now to someone who doesn't want to be married to me and doesn't know that I slept with someone two nights before we got married.
Plus, maybe it’s because I’m personally more Luke-like than Lorelai-like in temperament, but his need for time and space to make decisions tend to resonate with me. So I was empathizing more with him than Lorelai during the s6 finale, just like I was empathizing more with him than her back in 5.14 when she wanted him to make a decision about them right away, but he told her he needed more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
Completely agree. Lane was so awesome, fighting hard to be her own person, she falls in love and bam, gone are her dreams and she becomes a Ms. Kim...
It was so disappointing. The last thing I expected out of this particular show was to trap a female character like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I despise this love triangle. More so than Lucas/Peyton/Brooke in One Tree Hill and that's a hard one to compete with.

I understand Lorelai's thought process on sticking it out and actually trying with Christopher since she believes her and Luke are done forever and that this may be her last chance at happiness since Christopher's always been a possibility for her. I do however think they jumped into the relationship super super fast and I wasn't ready or prepared for it. Then everything that follows with them is just a rushed mess. I don't know.
Ah, that sucks. I’m ok with LLC myself, because I like both relationships, but I so hated BLP too. LP were my otp, while I didn’t like BL at all (nor oth as a show in general, but that’s a different subject), so that triangle was really hard for me to stomach. If that’s how you felt about LLC, I imagine it must have been very annoying.

And yeah, I guess I can see where Lorealai was coming from too. I think she should have just been single if it wasn't working with the guy she actually wanted to be with. But it could be that she genuinely thought she could be happy with Christopher and didn't want to miss that chance.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread