Master Fan

Season 7: Because this ending is the preferred one to A Year in the Life's

Season 7 Appreciation

~~~

~~~

~~~

Season 7 Episodes:
7x01 “The Long Morrow" | September 26, 2006
Picking up on the day after last season's finale, Lorelai wakes up in bed with Christopher. Confused and mortified, she makes a hasty exit, ignoring Christopher's pleas that she stay. Once at home, Lorelai tries to get rid of everything that reminds her of Luke and ends up practically emptying her house. Rory receives a toy rocket ship as a parting gift from Logan and is baffled as to its meaning. She decides she should join him in London for the summer, only to learn he has bought her a ticket for a visit at Christmas.

7x02 “That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee" | October 3, 2006
Rory is upset over Logan's absence and the fact that they had to cancel their long-planned trip to Asia. Wanting to cheer Rory up and take her mind off her own sad love life, Lorelai turns her house into an Asian-themed wonderland. Meanwhile, Lane returns from her disastrous honeymoon. While repairing the damage to the diner, Luke tells TJ about his break-up with Lorelai. Finally, Rory is furious when she learns that Lorelai slept with Christopher.

7x03 “Lorelai's First Cotillion" | October 10, 2006
When Richard and Emily have no real reaction to the news of her break up, Lorelai suddenly realizes that most of her emotional life has been based on doing and feeling the opposite of whatever her parents want. Later, when Michel forces Lorelai to attend Emily's cotillion dance, Lorelai discovers that some things her parents wanted for her weren't really that terrible. Meanwhile, Rory has a tough time making her long-distance relationship work.

7x04 "'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous" | October 17, 2006
Lorelai and Christopher have begun to date, and although Lorelai is finding it difficult to fully commit to the relationship, Christopher keeps coming up with romantic dates to win her over. Back at Yale, Rory meets some eccentric new girlfriends at an art exhibit, and Richard becomes a guest lecturer. April comes to stay with Luke for a few weeks while Anna is out of town. Finally, Emily gets arrested and Lorelai has to bail her out of jail.

7x05 “The Great Stink" | October 24, 2006
Emily and Richard are delighted when Lorelai and Christopher attend Friday night dinner together as a couple. Christopher reveals that Sherry has written him a letter saying she regrets leaving their daughter, Gigi, and asking him to send Gigi to visit her in Paris. Lorelai can't believe that Chris would consider this and they get into an argument over dinner. Logan returns to town on business to acquire an internet company and pays Rory a surprise visit. Rory is thrilled, but during a dinner with Logan's colleagues, she realizes that she has no connection to his new life.

7x06 “Go Bulldogs" | November 7, 2006
Christopher talks Lorelai into visiting Rory at Yale during Parents' Weekend, and Lorelai is surprised to find that Richard and Emily are also there. Trying to prove how cool he is, Christopher invites all of Rory's co-workers on the "Yale Daily News" to an expensive lunch where they all drink too much. The meal ends abruptly when Rory insists they leave to cover a breaking story. Meanwhile, Luke meets April's swimming coach, who convinces him to take her adult swimming class. When the coach flirts with him, Luke asks her out on a date.

7x07 “French Twist" | November 14,, 2006
Christopher and Lorelai take his daughter Gigi to visit her mother in Paris. Despite severe jet lag, they manage to have a wonderful, romantic time enjoying the city and each other. Rory comes to the end of her tenure as Editor-in-Chief of the "Yale Daily News" and suddenly finds herself unsure of her future. Her new friends Olivia (Michelle Ongkingco) and Lucy suggest a trip to Stars Hollow for a girls' night. When they return, Rory is surprised to find that Lucy's new boyfriend is her old friend Marty, who pretends not to know Rory. Christopher and Lorelai return home with a surprise, that they are now Mr. and Mrs. Hayden.

7x08 “Introducing Lorelai Planetarium" | November 21, 2006
Rory goes home to Stars Hollow to have dinner with her parents, where it is revealed that they eloped while in Paris. Rory pretends to be happy, but later reveals her anger to Lorelai. Logan comes back to town for a launch party, which Rory attends and about which she later writes a judgmental article. Due to accusations by Logan, Rory plans to find a new apartment. Meanwhile, Luke turns to Lorelai in a time of medical emergency with April.

7x09 “Knit, People, Knit!" | November 28, 2006
Here comes the birth of Liz's baby delivered by a midwife. Luke is informed of the news. A "knitathon festival" takes place in Stars Hollow. Chris and Lorelai tell Emily and Richard about their marriage.

7x10 “Merry Fisticuffs”| December 5, 2006
Emily throws an extravagant party. Meanwhile, Luke talks to a lawyer about partial custody over April. Something big happens between Luke and Lorelai. St. Nick might bring more than fruitcake this season.

7x11 “Santa's Secret Stuff" | January 23, 2007
Lorelai and Christopher put the holidays on hold until Rory returns from London. Luke asks Lorelai to write a recommendation letter for his custody battle.

7x12 “To Whom it May Concern" | January 30, 2007
Noticing Sookie's recent odd behavior, Lorelai forces Jackson to tell her the reason. Luke and Anna attend a hearing to decide their custody battle over April. With help from Paris, Rory finally makes amends with Lucy, who tells her that she and Marty have broken up. While attending Richard's economics class at Yale, Rory witnesses a frightening scene. Finally, Christopher finds the letter Lorelai wrote for Luke's character reference and confronts Lorelai about whether he was her second choice.

7x13 “I'd Rather be in Philadelphia" | February 6, 2007
Lorelai and Rory receive unexpected comfort and some grief while at the hospital and at Richard's side: Christopher won't return Lorelai's calls, but Luke is there for her and the family. Emily is so distraught that she tries to distract herself by maintaining her rigorous social calendar with Luke offering to help her out in keeping up her appearances. Rory is met by Logan, who flies to the hospital in a helicopter. When Christopher finally does arrive, he speaks words of sympathy to Lorelai, but his emotions betray him: he's still mad at her from their fight.

7x14 “Farewell My Pet" | February 13, 2007
Rory quickly develops a crush on Richard's replacement teaching assistant and feels compelled to confess the attraction to Logan. But she feels really bad about it and he completely understands and the two of them reassure each other that in the end they are crazy about each other. Meanwhile, Lorelai distracts herself from thinking about Christopher by arranging a memorial service for Michel's dog. Christopher seeks her out, however, and the two are forced to face their problems. Christopher feels like he's been trying to get Lorelai to fall in love with him, and Lorelai realizes she still has feelings for Luke. Lorelai and Christopher end their marriage.

7x15 “I Am Kayak, Hear Me Roar" | February 20, 2007
Lorelai puts off telling her parents about her separation from Christopher by helping Emily to arrange Richard's recovery. Rory celebrates Logan's birthday, but bad news from Logan's business partner spoils their evening.

7x16 “Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?" | February 27, 2007
Rory goes to meet with an editor from the New York Times just as she starts to put together Lane's baby shower. Lorelai takes over the production and has to arbitrate a disagreement between Lane and Mrs. Kim about how to raise the unborn child. Meanwhile, Luke decides to change his situation in life and buy a new boat. Logan comes home drunk and reveals to Rory his failed business venture, and then runs off to Las Vegas with his buddies.

7x17 “Gilmore Girls Only" | March 6, 2007
Lorelai, Rory, and Emily take a road trip to North Carolina to attend Mia's wedding. Lane goes into labor. Finally, Lane and Zack ask Luke to be the godfather to their twins Steve and Kwan.

7x18 “Hay Bale Maze" | April 17, 2007
During Stars Hollow's annual Spring Fling festival, a huge hay bale maze leads to a chance encounter for Luke and Lorelai, where they apologize to one another and talk about the problems that led to their engagement being called off. As Rory shows Logan around town, Lorelai begins to feel that Logan might be too irresponsible for her daughter. Meanwhile, Rory has a job interview with the Providence Journal Bulletin.

7x19 “It's Just Like Riding a Bike" | April 24, 2007
Lorelai heads to Luke's for her first breakfast there in a while -- overall, it's an awkward experience for them both. Later on, when Lorelai's Jeep breaks down, Luke helps her shop for a new car. They argue and fight, which Lorelai thinks is ultimately a good sign. Paris considers breaking up with Doyle so she can be free of influences when it comes to picking which law or medical school she will attend. Rory receives a letter that will certainly influence her future plans.

7x20 “Lorelai? Lorelai?" | May 1, 2007
Rory stresses out as graduation approaches, which leads to a day of eating and shopping with Lorelai. Later, with Luke in tow, the Gilmores hit the bars, where Lorelai takes the stage for a karaoke number obviously intended for Luke. Logan returns from a business trip and looks to discuss his and Rory's future with Lorelai. After getting into a science camp, April tells Luke that she cannot go on the boating trip with him over the summer. Zach is asked to go on tour with another band.

7x21 “Unto the Beach" | May 8, 2007
Lorelai and Christopher are reunited at a party Emily and Richard throw in honor of Rory's graduation. Logan surprises everyone at the party by proposing to Rory, but she is too shocked to give him an answer. Then, on graduation day, Rory and Paris receive their diplomas, and Rory finally gives Logan her answer. Meanwhile, Lorelai is embarrassed about her recent karaoke serenade to Luke, and Luke is hurt when he overhears her saying it didn't mean anything.

7x22 “Bon Voyage" | May 15, 2007
Rory gets a job following the presidential campaign of one of the candidates running for president. While she prepares to leave in a mere three days, Lorelai adjusts to the idea that she may not see her daughter again for weeks, even months. Meanwhile, Luke is still trying to sort out how he really feels about Lorelai after they locked eyes at the karaoke jam. To see Rory off before she leaves for her new job, the entire town puts on a farewell party, despite the presence of rain.

Future Titles:
She's got a C-Average which means she's either lazy or stupid.
Frankly stupid's sometimes easier, I can scare the stupid out of you but the lazy runs deep.
Yeah, that's me! I'm fast...I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics.
Okay, we should probably talk about how we're not gonna talk cuz I don't think we should just go right into it.
Do not name your baby after an inanimate object.
Just tell them and we can move on. We can talk about more pleasant things like the Middle East.
A train full of pickles, who knew there was such a thing?
I would like a cheeseburger, with a side of cheeseburger, and see if they can make me a cheeseburger smoothie.
Don't say float unless there's a root beer attached to it!
Luke Danes is a stand-up guy. People are gonna think he's turned into a comedian.
There's no such thing as a non-alcoholic cocktail.
I can't believe you bought a boat in a day. It used to take you a week to buy a t-shirt.
It takes a...a remarkable person...to inspire all this.
Why don't we just talk about it Friday night at dinner?

Previous Threads:

Season 7 Episode Threads:
7.01 - The Long Morrow
7.02 - That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee
7.03 - Lorelai's First Cotillion
7.04 - 'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous
7.05 - The Great Stink
7.06 - Go, Bulldogs!
7.07 - French Twist
7.08 - Introducing Lorelai Planetarium
7.09 - Knit, People, Knit!
7.10 - Merry Fisticuffs
7.11 - Santa's Secret Stuff
7.12 - To Whom It May Concern
7.13 - I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia
7.14 - Farewell, My Pet
7.15 - I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar
7.16 - Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?
7.17 - Gilmore Girls Only
7.18 - Hay Bale Maze
7.19 - It's Just Like Riding a Bike
7.20 - Lorelai? Lorelai?
7.21 - Unto the Breach
7.22- Bon Voyage

Last edited by Talula78; 09-06-2020 at 10:25 AM
Old 05-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

jennarose thanks for putting the discussion threads together in one place, so is this a thread to discuss the season as a whole?

FYI for this seasons transcripts, go here, I'll be putting them into a single downloadable file soon (when I get the time).

Last edited by lancer1993; 05-21-2007 at 05:05 AM
Old 05-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the links, jennarose!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
jennarose thanks for putting the discussion threads together in one place, so is this a thread to discuss the season as a whole?

FYI for this seasons transcripts, go here, I'll be putting them into a single downloadable file soon (when I get the time).
Thanks for that - waiting for the dl. Could you give us the link when it's ready?

Avi by Valerie
Old 05-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ooh. Great to have all the treads and episodes listed. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Yes, it's to discuss the season. All the other seasons have a thread and I wanted to get the long list of season 7 episodes links out of the main thread guide.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:44 AM
Absolute Fan

is this thread still alive?
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 04-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

IMO it's like the season, we know it's here but we just want to forget about it
Old 04-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

There´s nothing to discuss about S7......an insult to every true GG fan......
Old 04-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyCerts (View Post)
There´s nothing to discuss about S7......an insult to every true GG fan......
ummm i dont really know what you mean. I mean its distressing its over but there are still things to discuss...
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 04-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortallyUsed (View Post)
ummm i dont really know what you mean. I mean its distressing its over but there are still things to discuss...
I think for a lot of fans it didn't feel like the same show and this is not just the wasted time on the Chris and Lorelai story, lack of townies, no decent SL for Rory and Luke almost loosing April after the trouble that SL caused, it just felt off. Plus Lorelai acted more child like n the final season (for the first half of the season) then ever, it was almost like the story with Chris made her do stupid things and nothing had changed since she was 16. I guess in that respect it kinda made sense, but it still felt wrong.

As for the Chris story well that would have been better earlier in the show, after Luke and her confession in the Shrinks car in Partings people wondered how she could fall for another guy when she was clearly still in love with Luke.

There are parts I liked but most of the show from the moment they walked away from each other in the supermarket till they talked in the hay bale maze I didn't like. yes we had L&L seeing each other in the department story and Lorelai holding the baby but really 5 minutes to like in an hour of TV?

Yes S8 could have fixed a lot what went wrong and I still hope a good TV movie can be made one day.

BTW - Lauren just did an interview and said Alexis and herself "weren’t thrilled with the way the last year had gone".
Life After 'Gilmore Girls' - As Seen On TV - Comcast.net Community Forums
Old 04-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Absolute Fan

thats right for sure, but there is still alot to discuss, i thought alot more could have gone down, i thought the whole L& L they are still going to have the same issues so them getting "back together" for me is not going to be a ling term thing. i think it could have gone for another season, and yes you could see the different from the last seasons it was not as fun.

but in regards to lor acting like a child she pretty much acted like a child through all 7 seasons so that was not a huge shock for me. still overrall i liked the season, im a huge GG fan but it is what it is and it had to end so im still fond of it
Old 04-21-2008, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike (View Post)
Thanks for that - waiting for the dl. Could you give us the link when it's ready?
11 months is not too long to reply is it

http://crazy-internet-people.com/sit...ranscripts.zip
It's a zip file less than 500k, unzips into 22 html files to open in any browser.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, I thought this person's tumblr page was SO cute, funny & true...and it wasn't too far from the truth when I watched the finale for the first time.

Somewhat Intelligent Musings
Old 05-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't get the NOLORO title but not watching S7 because it was RL centered it wasen't.
It takes me 5 episodes to get to an episode where RL are in the same country, and have a scene not on the phone. 7.04 was pathetic. I have two episode break until 7.08. Then 7.09 Logan is there but it's just a small scene, then 7.10 Marty storyline not much fun to rewatch. Then 7.11-7.12 to No Logan at all. Then in 7.3-15 I have three episodes of Logan goodness. Two more episodes of Logan but their angsty with Vegas. Then in 7.18 is the last episode of Logan goodness. No Logan in 7.19. The last episodes 7.20 and 7.21 aren't much fun, although I do like Logan speech in 7.20 but I can't watch because it makes me cry. All together Logan only had 13 episodes in S7. Less than 15 in S5 and 18 in S6. 11 if you discount his short phone call in in 7.04, and and his one minute apperance in 7.09. Plus their like short amount of episodes of happy RL. It wasen't a big Logan season, so I don't get hating the season because of Logan. ABC family had S7 and I saw how blink you miss it the Logan episodes are.
I'm defending S7 it's not my favorite season but I don't like Logan being blamed for why S7 sucked when he was so hit and miss. i hate getting facts wrong.

Last edited by fox24; 05-09-2011 at 04:30 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top