Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

seriously! and why wouldnt she expect him to be celibate? she was? and like she said, they weren't broken up in her eyes. they got into a fight and then werent talking, that didnt mean a break up. there was never that discussion. logan's using it as a technicality.

and its one thing to take him back and still have resentment there but to defend logan doesnt seem right. i mean, he got what he wanted, he got rory back. so he should have let her be angry for a while. Rory should have ZERO part of the blame in that situation.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

eta: watched 2 more

620:

I was so glad that Lorelai actually met April and hung out with her. It was really cute. Until it was ruined...

April's mom is so annoying. If she doesn't want April to meet her boyfriend that's her own decision. But she cant make those decisions for Luke. And April is a smart girl, I'm sure she would understand if Lorelai and Luke DID break up. What does she expect? Lorelei not to be in April's life? Whatever lady.

Don't have a lot to say about Logan. It just seems like Rory was all apologetic and forgave him because he almost died. I feel their issues ran a lot deeper than that.

621:
Not a very memorable episode. I did like the Lorelai/Emily moments though. Emily buying the house was so sweet. You really start to feel bad for Lorelai in this episode with her thinking she won't be marrying luke.

I am going to finish the season tomorrow!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I see what y'all are saying, I just don't look at Logan as a perfect Saint and yes, he did screw up. The only question what you're willing to forgive? Rory, obviously, was able to forgive Logan his flaws and bad decisions because she cared enough for him. I honestly don't remember the sequence of events because I haven't watched those latter seasons in a while, so I'll take my leave from this discussion.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watched the finale!!! in the opening scenes there are so many people walking around and whats noticable to me is that everyone was wearing some form of khaki pants. lol.

All the trebedaur (sp?) stuff was stupid.

Rory seems to be more herself. I like hers standing up to the Huntzbergers instead of trying to please them.

Luke is being an idiot. Lorelei is right, she deserves to have an opinion and Luke saying he wanted to wait because of April. However, I felt Lorelai could have had the conversation with Luke in a better way. Went to dinner, sat him down, talked to him. And expressed her concerns. Then she could have waited another few days before telling him "look, if dont set a date by this time, then we need to end things because I will not wait around for this." or something. Jumping into bed with Chris was not the answer but I certainly understand it! I mean, I've been in that situation where a guy hurt me so I ran to an ex. It makes you feel better in a twisted way.

I thought Logans goodbye was sad. I do think that its good that he's leaving though...

I will post my season 6 questionnaire thing once I get back from my trip and also get the season 7 thread updated .
Old 04-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I liked the Lorelai/April stuff in 6x20. I hate that Anna had to act like that though. Ridiculous.

I agree that Lorelai could have handled the ultimatum scene in a better way. I absolutely hate that she went to Chris, but he shouldn't have slept with her. There's no way he couldn't tell that she was upset. A good friend wouldn't have let that happen.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, I ultimately think Chris was at fault for taking advantage of her in an emotionally vulnerable state.

I look forward to reading your questionaire answers!
Old 04-20-2016, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah especially because lorelai wouldnt have just slept with chris, and he knew she was with luke so he had to know she was rebounding....
Old 04-20-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Exactly.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
yeah especially because lorelai wouldnt have just slept with chris, and he knew she was with luke so he had to know she was rebounding....
Uh huh, exactly.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I still always wonder how ASP would have gotten out of that mess.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Favorite/Least Favorite Character
Favorite this season hmmm, thats tough, I'm not really sure. I felt all the characters had their annoying moments. I did like Rory a lot more, but I might have to say Lorelai for this one because I saw her POV most of the time.
Least favorite was Luke. I hate to say it because I do love him but i hated how he handled the wedding and the whole April situation. Aprils mother sucked too. Also maybe Logan. He just had quite a few annoying moments. But I wouldn't say I hated him.

Favorite/Least favorite couple
Can I say Rory/Jess? I know they weren't quite a couple but I mean they had some interaction and they kissed. I loved how much Jess grew and that we got to see him again.
Least favorite honestly was probably L/L only because of all the miscommunication and sadness there. I still love them but not this season. I didnt HATE L/R either but they were boring this season and I didnt like the cheating storyline.

Fav/Least fav friendships
Love that Rory/Lorelai became close again. Also Rory/Jess of course.
Not sure I really had a least favorite. This season seemed really hard to remember anything that happened. lol.

Favourite/least fav Storyline Arc:
favorite was jess returning and his growth and writing the book. Nothing else was really remotely interesting to me this season. i did like lanes wedding though.
least favorite was by far the april SL because it dragged on and it tore L/L apart. I also didnt like the L/Rory rift at the beginning.

Favourite/Least fav Episode
Favorites were few and far between, I really did not like this season. 606 with the street name stuff. 608!!!! JESS!!!! 613 felt like GG to me and the Gilmores fighting at the end was cute. 618 for jess. 619 was probably my favorite of the season with lanes wedding.
least favs were most of them. 602/604 = zzzz. 614 had too much l/r. and luke was awkward.

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?
saddest was watching lorelai realize she wasn't gonna marry luke. shocking i suppose was her ending in bed with chris or the fact that luke had a daughter at all.

What were you disappointed with? what would you change/have done differently?
see above. in general the season was super boring and i just wish they had a better storyline arc going for all the characters. it seemed they didnt know what to do with it. i dont see why L/L couldnt have just gotten married for real. rory could have dated someone else and we could have had some l/r angst instead of what we did get. more focus on other side characters.

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?
i wanted to see more jess. lane was barely in the season and paris and sookie as well.

What do you want to see happen next year?
If I didnt know where it was going id have said:
-r/l break up for real and r/j get back together.
-l/l having issues but staying engaged and working through everything.
-more focus on lane and her getting a real storyline.
-emily/lorelai interactions and a l/r wedding.

How does this season compare to previous seasons?
this season was the worst by far. the only storylines that weren't completely boring were just annoying. i loved l/l in the beginning but the whole april thing really ruined them. it could have been done so much different. and i didnt like that r/l got back together so easily. there should have been a break there. also hated the rory/lorelai rift and it went on far too long.
Season 1- 10/10
Season 5 - 10/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 2 - 9/10
Season 4 - 7/10
Season 6 - 5/10
Old 04-25-2016, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Alex, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on season 6 with us and filling out that questionnaire! I think I'll binge watch the entire series first and then go back and analyze it episodically so I can answer these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I still always wonder how ASP would have gotten out of that mess.
Has she ever really come out & said what her plans were for that twist?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

awesome! would love to read other answers.

i thought she left it a mess knowing she wasnt coming back. lol
Old 04-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's the general consensus.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

which is sucky if its true. at the same time, maybe she had a better plan, who knows.
Reply   Post New Thread