Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yay! You’ll have to tell me all about your plans, dining, etc.? I’ll check today at work how much I can get you the tickets and if it’s worth it. Btw, are staying in a preferred room at All Star? I was gonna time the walk from the check in desk to the standard room area all the way at the back of the resort for you.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Yay for the ticket.. it's worth it..

So far, I've heard good stuff about Garden Grill at Epcot, Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs. I've got nothing definitive yet, I'll see what I can get on my 180 days out. What kind of reservations did you and Lauren get?

I've booked a standard room, the resort doesn't seem very big to me, so I guess it'll be a 10 minute walk or so, from the check-in area to the other end?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's cool that you'll have 2 weeks there, Anja.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Yay for the ticket.. it's worth it..

So far, I've heard good stuff about Garden Grill at Epcot, Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs. I've got nothing definitive yet, I'll see what I can get on my 180 days out. What kind of reservations did you and Lauren get?

I've booked a standard room, the resort doesn't seem very big to me, so I guess it'll be a 10 minute walk or so, from the check-in area to the other end?
I’m trying to save more $ this time around so my reservations are much less exciting. I have reservations at Trails End again, both breakfast & dinner. We also have lunch reservations at Beaches & Cream and Be Our Guest and then a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe cuz I’ve gotta get my Tonga toast fill.

I’ll find out about the walk. From what I can tell, it is a pretty big resort. But taking your long legs into consideration it’ll be less time for you.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Oh those are great restaurants..! I loved them last time..
I might add Kona Café to my list as well, that Tonga Toast was amazing!!

Let me know about the resort.. Can't wait to stay there, it'll be a lot different from FQ, but it seems fun.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm jealous. I wish I had a trip/vacation to look forward to.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Great thing to look forward to Anja!

Jos and I are looking around for our very first car. Won't be a brand new one, way too expensive. On Saturday we'll visit some car dealers to see what they have
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's exciting, Ingmar. Anything in particular you are looking for?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Anja - I’ll be sure to let you know what I’ve discovered about the resort. It would be nice to pick new restaurants like you have done, I’ll have to try and do that next trip. Please keep me posted on what your thoughts are about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I'm jealous. I wish I had a trip/vacation to look forward to.
You should come visit me again! Check out the deals & you might find a super cheap one again?

Ingmar - How exciting! Heh, I just went through that and other than The negotiating on a deal, it was a fun experience getting to test drive all of those cars. You can get a newer used car, which is almost like getting a brand new car, just cheaper.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
That's exciting, Ingmar. Anything in particular you are looking for?
Our main picks right now (leaving to see them this afternoon) are a Toyota Yaris and a Prius. If we end up not liking them (or if they're sold by this afternoon) we have an appointment to check two Peugeot's tomorrow. It's our first car, so kinda exciting.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Our main picks right now (leaving to see them this afternoon) are a Toyota Yaris and a Prius. If we end up not liking them (or if they're sold by this afternoon) we have an appointment to check two Peugeot's tomorrow. It's our first car, so kinda exciting.
That IS exciting! Please keep us posted on what you end up deciding on! I loved my parent’s Prius, it was a good car and hella good on mileage!
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
That IS exciting! Please keep us posted on what you end up deciding on! I loved my parent’s Prius, it was a good car and hella good on mileage!
We ended buying the Prius! Loved the car. Not much mileage yet and while the car is from 2004 it still looked like new. NO damages, etc. Very clean. Navigation, nice airco, etc. And lots of leg space, which is THE BEST for me. Plus...it was the cheapest car we liked. Our budget was 10k, the car was 6k, so we end up saving quite a bit. Plus it's a hybrid, so very ''cheap'' to drive. Will post a pic later! We already paid for it, but are able to pick it up in 10 days. Gives them time to make the car even cleaner/etc.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
You should come visit me again! Check out the deals & you might find a super cheap one again?
I'm always up for that! I'll look into it. If it's Allegiant again, you'll have to go to the weird terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
We ended buying the Prius! Loved the car. Not much mileage yet and while the car is from 2004 it still looked like new. NO damages, etc. Very clean. Navigation, nice airco, etc. And lots of leg space, which is THE BEST for me. Plus...it was the cheapest car we liked. Our budget was 10k, the car was 6k, so we end up saving quite a bit. Plus it's a hybrid, so very ''cheap'' to drive. Will post a pic later! We already paid for it, but are able to pick it up in 10 days. Gives them time to make the car even cleaner/etc.
Congrats! And you were able to pay for it outright, no loan? That's even better. What color is it?
Old 01-27-2018, 07:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I'm always up for that! I'll look into it. If it's Allegiant again, you'll have to go to the weird terminal.

Congrats! And you were able to pay for it outright, no loan? That's even better. What color is it?
Yeah, we paid it outright. We're not a big fan of a loan, if we have the savings to buy something outright. Plus side of living ''cheap'' (no big drinkers, not going out often, etc), lots of savings. We could have bought a newer car (more expensive), but the big money difference wasn't worth it, and it's still a fairly new car. Plus looks like new It's silver/gray. Standard color I think will post a picture once we have it at home.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

That's cool, Ingmar..!

Jen, I'll keep you updated on my WDW trip. My 180 days dining reservation is somewhere in April.