Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Ok, firstly, LG looked amazing in every single outfit she wore, which was, what, four? Especially the dress, wow, so gorgeous. Heh, we got some cleavage, when she bent down to talk to Michel and the kids!

The Krumholzes/Michel storyline bored me. That time could have been used for an L/L kiss. Damnit.

I wasn't expecting that we'd get to see Luke at the Ren Fair. I'm so glad he wasn't in a costume. Loved that Liz was listening to Deepak Chopra.

I actually kind of like the Lane/Zach storyline. She needs a guy, what with Dave gone, and all.

As for the confrontation on the street, um, yeah, I don't really care. Loved Defensive!Lorelai, though. I'm surprised that Lindsey just stood there, though. So, I would assume that most people know about the affair, now? The confrontation seemed to gather a crowd.

Heh, loved the Italian waiter hitting on Emily. Although, I would have liked a mention of Richard. Maybe something she saw would have reminded her of him.

I'm glad that there was a lot of Lorelai/Sookie/Michel inn stuff. We rarely get to see Lorelai actually working at the inn. It seemed like a very in character thing for Lorelai, working her butt off while there was nothing else for her to do. Lol at her bundling up the sheets, after she got off the phone with Rory the first time.

So, Lorelai and Rory made up. I was kind of hoping that the tension would last a little longer. That was a quick makeup. I'm sorry, but, Lorelai's not Rory's messenger. Rory should have sent it to him herself, or, just waited until she got back. She was going to get back, in, what, two days? Why couldn't she have just waited? The whole Lindsey finding the letter thing was so contrived.

L/L was adorable, although, not nearly enough. The phonecall was cute. I loved Lorelai bugging him about when he was getting back. Shows how much she wants him to come back. So, I guess we're supposed to assume that they talked a lot over the course of the seven weeks? Cause, Lorelai seemed to know a lot about everyone at the Ren Fair. Aww at the necklace. Also, the "we'll hookup later" line had me yelling, "Dirty" I was really hoping for a kiss.

When the hell did Lorelai tell Rory about Luke? The comment at the end about Lorelai beating up the chick who might have hit on Luke was obviously made so that we'd know that Rory knew. Um, that sucks. I was hoping we'd get to see Lorelai telling Rory about it.

All I really care about next week's promo is the L/L stuff. Oh, next week should be awesome.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:04 AM
New Fan

what happened in next week's promo?
thirtyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

When the hell did Lorelai tell Rory about Luke? The comment at the end about Lorelai beating up the chick who might have hit on Luke was obviously made so that we'd know that Rory knew. Um, that sucks. I was hoping we'd get to see Lorelai telling Rory about it.

I know! I wanted to see that, too.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Absolute Fan

I was actually lying on the floor in the fetal position screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of my lungs when they didn't kiss

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
fan1bsb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

I love this show! I want to ship a couple but I'm jinxed. That means EVERY time I ship a couple on a tv show they either don't get together or they do but its not for long. So I'm no longer shipping couples. At least until my jinx goes away someday.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:09 AM
New Fan

As a L/L fan, I too was a tad frustrated that they didn't get physical but so much more was shown this week. ASP is really a master story teller, she lays down so many layers and hints beforehand.

The intimancy of the L/L conversations, how involved they still are eachother's lives (even if just over the phone) was telling (as well as kind of adorable). Making them wait 7 weeks to see eachother is good for the storyline (and the only plausible way to show the entire in person relationship with the whole summer issue).

It was a very good episode when you look at the small things. Lorelai has been obsessing over the inn, sure it's because it's a new business but also because she is lonely (her line to Sookie that she had nobody to hang out with has never been more true than this summer). She misses both Luke and Rory, but I also think it shows that she does want to be with them.

Sookie is out little font of wisdom, telling Lorelai that she was behaving like Emily was a wakeup call. Emily's only thing was her house and she never had really personal relationships and treated her staff like help. This is not like Lorelai and I think she will need to change that to make the inn run well long term. Lorelai will never be Emily because she has friends and real close family and friends.

Luke at the Ren Faire was priceless and Liz's reaction to the L/L news was adorable. Even TJ, while annoying was amusing.
psharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by fan1bsb97
I was actually lying on the floor in the fetal position screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of my lungs when they didn't kiss

I can imagine everyone did when it didn't happen.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:10 AM
New Fan

Yeah, but what happened in the promo for 5x3?? Did they show The Date? Or the post-coital? Or the meeting?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
When the hell did Lorelai tell Rory about Luke?
I know, I was wondering the same thing! Maybe the whole "I think I'm dating Luke" conversation counted. I don't know.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by thirtyrock
Yeah, but what happened in the promo for 5x3?? Did they show The Date? Or the post-coital? Or the meeting?
They showed the date & the meeting.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great Eppy I agree... with one exception Dean Pissed me off the way he treated Rory. He kinda acted like it was her fault. Though his new hair style was cute.

Poor Lorelai she was working her self to death. I have to quote Sookie on this one she was alittle nutty. But I was so happy at the end when luke came back. it was funny how she was punching him lol... And why didn't Rory pick up on the kid code (3.06 Let the Games Begin) between Luke and Lorelai.

Lane and Zach hum... intersting but Zach just seems to slezzie for Lane.

I can't waite till next week.
mandypandy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 AM
New Fan

Forgot about the no spoiler zone! sorry, everyone. that's what happens when you lurk and lurk but never post.

Last edited by thirtyrock; 09-29-2004 at 12:24 AM
Old 09-29-2004, 12:14 AM
New Fan

Dean didn't really act it like it was Rory's fault, but he also didn't really accept responsbility correctly either. He is mad at himself because Rory left really, not because he cheated on his wife.
psharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by mandypandy1981
And why didn't Rory pick up on the kid code (3.06 Let the Games Begin) between Luke and Lorelai.
Haha, that scene also reminded me of LTGB! I think she was too out of it to pick up on anything.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Loyal Fan

thirtyrock: edit post. Thanks!

Last edited by iamofthesky; 09-29-2004 at 12:21 AM
iamofthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread