Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

I thought tonights episode was very good. I like Zach, he was very funny with the cutsy phrases. lol. and, i hate how dean treated rory.
my favorite part was when they were about to kiss and the parade came out of nowhere. lol too funny.
smoothaise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

iamofthesky-it won't really help for that poster to edit their post when you have directly quoted the spoiler...thanks.
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by @ L L S T @ R
my favorite part was when they were about to kiss and the parade came out of nowhere. lol too funny.
Agreed. The Renaissance Fair scenes were great as well! I loved the Luke/Liz excitement over his relationship with Lorelai.
Supreme Fan

Um, also, can I just say that Luke's delivery of "It's Lorelai" to Liz was so awesome?

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Absolute Fan

HUZZAH!!!!!!!

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
fan1bsb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by igloo155
iamofthesky-it won't really help for that poster to edit their post when you have directly quoted the spoiler...thanks.
BWAH! Am just as guilty then, huh? I didn't realize! Am so sorry igloo and everyone else. Thanks for warning me; entry was edited.
iamofthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, it's ok. It happens. LOL.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by fan1bsb97
HUZZAH!!!!!!!
Hehe. I LOVED that!
Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

ETA: whoops! wrong thread!
Eternal Flame | MMS #40 ~ ILY #48 ~ WYMM #1
Jen2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
Um, also, can I just say that Luke's delivery of "It's Lorelai" to Liz was so awesome?
Oh, ITA!
Old 09-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I dunno man, I was a little disappointed.

I thought Lorelai needed to calm down and not be so bossy. I know that sounds sorta 5th gradish, but you know what I mean. But then I realized, that when she was on the phone with Rory and she hung up and threw the sheets, that I think she's really just busy from work, and more importantly frusturated about her and Rory's relationship, and Luke being away.

Rory/Dean-I don't really have a say in that. For some reason I just never got attached to Rory's love life, but I did like the confrontation. I thought that Lindsays mom was a lil devil, and could have done something with herself. I felt bad for Rory and Lindsay who just looked like two deers in the headlights.

The conversation with LL was cute. I loved the way Lor made fun of him also, and I'm glad to know that they talked while he was gone for *gasp* 7 weeks. I mean come on, she knew everything about the apple people, and things like that. Liz was sooo cute when she found out it was Lorelai, although I'm sure she probably caught on before.

Ooooh, I felt so bad when Lor first saw Luke @ the diner. You could tell she wanted to get up and hug him so bad--(or more!) but...poor girl couldn't. Do you think that Rory knew about them, at the diner? I wonder if she DID tell her or what not? And how they met up at the pharmacy, soo cute, but still-I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO mad that they didn't kiss. I was screaming, and ahhhh. That sorta put me down the rest of the episode. BTW, what's with Luke buying..cigarettes?! I'm guessing he just had to grab something, and being the random that that was, he got it. Who know's.

I was down the whole episode, a little upset, hoping that the promo could cheer me up, but it didn't! I guess it was pretty good, but I keep forgetting that this show is about more than just LL. But I wanted to see, either the flannel.....or an after scene...I dunno, it was cute, charts? So funny. I wonder what Luke does that Lorelai gasps at.

I dunno, sorry if I sould like such a grump, I guess my being sick doesn't make me feel any better, but I just wanted a LITTLE more LL action. I mean come on, we got more Lane and Zack action than our anticipated Luke and Lorelai action! I'm just hoping that next week will be TWICE as good as it should be. I'm gunna pray! Ahh, sorry, I still love the show more than life, and I still love all you guys because, that's just the way it is. Talk more soon!

Oh yeah, I loved the Emily/Lorelai almost hug! I thought that was adorable, but of course we didn't get to see it because ASP just doesn't like to do that.

Last edited by ocdwithlhg; 09-29-2004 at 12:35 AM
ocdwithlhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

As a casual viewer I thought Dean was trying to put some of his blame about cheating on his wife on Rory.

But I also agreed with him that Rory ran out on the situation and left him to deal with a situation they both created.

She couldn't have had the decency to tell him to his face what she wrote in a letter.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't enough Rory and Dean together or separately as they are the only reason I am watching.

I thinkDean is cuter now that he got rid of that awful mop he was sporting earlier.
TvJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Fine in presentation. Lacking in substance. With the Lindsay part given very short thrift since it was all about giving Arielle the quick boot so the two love birds could get together.

1) Never like seeing band stuff. Though it was a plot device to get Lane together with Zach for future episodes. So perhaps they will do a little something with Lane this year.

2) Liz. Blech. TJ. Bleh. Served no purpose. Was not funny. Took time away from stuff I'd rather see more of.

3) Michel babysitting I really liked. And was the only worthwhile b sutplot. Should've given it more time since there was actually a bit of humor to be milked there.

4) Lorelai - "I hate kids."

5) Rory's hair grew back which is good. End of compliments for Rory.

6) Wish we could've seen more of Lindsay tearing into Dean.

7) Rory expressed the need to fix things and make things better. Her idea of "fixing" and "making right" is composing a letter saying that fornicating with him was very special and something she isnt sorry in the least for having done but that she'll be cutting off his booty calls while he's married to Lindsay.

Her letter fixed the problem and his marriage is ending openly the way for her to merrily go over to his house to see him for next weeks episode.

As far as whether the letter (which anyone who ever passed a note in high school knew was going to get out) showed Rory as being stupid or evil. It was somewhere in between.

She didn't mean for it to be public and is embarassed by it. But obviously was meant to prod Dean into making good on his words on their "special" night about Lindsay.

8) Proof Rory isnt at all sorry.

"I feel like an idiot for what I did." "Why???????"
"What's wrong with me?" "Nothing!"

Why should Rory see Dean as doing anything wrong? Of course now that he's free... how long until Rory loses interest again. Given the last two go arounds it won't be too long. And given that he just destroyed his marriage.. he deserves it.

9) "A town turning against her" was limited to Lorelai stopping Lindsay's mom telling Rory how it is. Barely a blip in the Star's Hollow radar screen. Especially compared to Luke and Lorelai.

Normally that would be a good thing since i'd rather see Lorelai and Luke than Dean and Rory. But it just serves to mock those who thought Rory would suffer at all for her misdeeds (well besides if they decide to do a sweeps week pregnancy scare). And who knows. Might be just another bait and switch for those of us who wanted to see more Luke and Lorelai.

10) I loved that they showed a movie with Helena Bonham Carter at the end. I've thought for years Alexis looked like her.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Passionate Fan

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode! I'm glad the Lorelai/Rory fight got resolved. Totally ticked that we didn't get to see Luke and Lorelai kiss! Stupid band! I enjoyed the Lindsey/Theresa/Lorelai/Rory confrontation, all though it seemed like it was just the moms, I figured Lindsay would have something to say on the whole deal. Lane/Zach? Hmm...... Is she crushing? I really didn't care for the Renaissance Festival stuff, I was anticipating Luke to get back early so we could see the L/L kiss! Not! I'm so mad about that! I'm not sure on the Rory/Dean thing, that's still up in the air! Only a week until the next episode!

avi credit to lovely lauren
gg_obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Didn't Daniel .P. Write this episode?...Hmmmm....