Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Cotton Candy

Wow, that's so interesting. I noticed that she started staring off into space, but didn't make the connection between the staring and Lane's comment.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Upstate Kate
I just rewatched AM,NM and noticed something I'd missed the first time. It's the part at the diner where Lane is talking to Rory about what the "dirty trollop" said to her about Zack. Rory repeats "dirty trollop" and proceeds to stare off into space.
Nice pick-up. I just watched it a few times more as well. The first time, I was wondering if 1) Rory was being her usually bad friend self, in not listening to Lane's problems (oh wait, that was the answer), or 2) Rory was actually trying to place herself into Lane's quandary. Silly me, thinking Rory was considering Lane's situation.

Rory's reaction to "dirty trollop," but then later, not reacting at all when Lorelai mentions the potential **** lady who was maybe hitting on Luke. Why didn't Rory react to that, knowing she was infinitely worse than the said **** mentioned by her mum?
ilovetheshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Rory's reaction to "dirty trollop," but then later, not reacting at all when Lorelai mentions the potential **** lady who was maybe hitting on Luke. Why didn't Rory react to that, knowing she was infinitely worse than the said **** mentioned by her mum?

shinny An explanation, but maybe not THE explanation could be:

Rory had just been hammered in public by Lindsay's Mom about sleeping with Dean - she was called a monster - she was accused of breaking up a marriage -

I think that perhaps she was having thoughts about those accusations - that maybe she was a Dirty Trollop

Now to address - later - conjecture - It is later - she has had chance to talk to Dean -- She may see that there is a possibility for her with Dean - She has gone through a massive - self-rationalization about what she has done - Lastly that is the was the Writers wrote the scene.

That last one is what scares me or bothers me most about this storyline. The writers will not have apparent lasting consequenecs to Rory. There won't be a wispering campaign within Stars Hollow -

Take the episode ending promo where we have a clip of Marty asking her if she has a boyfriend - In the real world that could/ should be cause for self doubt about what she is doing.

What should she tell Marty - Oh - I have the married guy that I'm seeing - as Rory runs around the room calling - Boink Me Dean - Boink Me Dean
Jet1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Loyal Fan

jet: almost word!

except in my crazy world rory has suffered enough with he rown thoughts...(i think that the reason she never called or wrote lorelai form europe before hes nothing to do with her being still angry, but more with her hating herself and trying to not think about anything back home...) or me rory deserves the supprt she gets from lorelai, and she oesn't deserve to be the talk of the town..

i;m just not that vindictive...and still...i don't think its her fault...yes, she was a factor, but she never asked for it...

dean should never have gottne married. he pulled a luke. but just becuase luke was cheated on and dean cheated, we all of a sudden hate dean and think rory is a ****? luke mentally adultered on nicole by being in love with lorelai, dean was in love with rory from the strat of his marriage and he went physical....that isn't that much of a difference, except tat we feel more sorry for lindsay and all hate nicole...well, how would we feel if we were marrie dto a guy who won't live in our house, thinks about someone else during the little sex that is had....it's cheating just as hard. nicole, luke, dean and lorelai are all equally guilty and equally victims of their situations. onlyw ith luke and lor everuything went their way and they can be happy....rory is young and screwed up...so be it....**** happens...
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
froukje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think so frou. I don't think Luke was thinking about Lorelai when having sex with Nicole, just because he was in love with her. Luke didn't even know he was in love with Lorelai until him and Nicole broke up

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Cotton Candy

Nah, I think Luke knew he was in love with Lorelai back in Season 1 when Rachel left him.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Loyal Fan

the only reason Luke married Nicole was because he needed to make a point for himself that he idin't need lorelai-->hence the dream of her telling him not to gt married

he started dating nicole because lorelai had alex (the time he asks nicole out is the same episode as when lor tells him she's dating alex)

the only thing he realised later, in the "woah!" moment, is that lorelai was the reason no other relationship would work. he knew he loved her and he thought he couldn't have her, but he never realised before that he could never succesfully be with anyone else....

at least that's my interpretation....
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
froukje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Jet, thanks for your explanation. That does make sense, and yes, that last scene also placed some major concern from me to Rory. She's sorry, I believe her, but her reasoning is so flawed, she's going to have to keep apologizing because she's not fixing the root of her problems.

Frou, I do agree with your noble explanations for the easy binary love-hate for Nicole vs Rory. I do not like Nicole, never supported Luke's marriage. And yes, whether he knew it or not, he loved Lorelai.

Dean, although he admitted to having Rory on the mind, his wedding eve, he was drunk, so he may have known it, but that fact was suppressed. Clearly, he should not have gotten married. Thinking of it now, Luke was even more impulsive (and therefore, made a "sillier" decision) about marrying than Dean was.

And yet, we look at Luke's marriage as "Oh, sucky situation. Hurry up and get L/L together!" Why didn't we look at Dean's marriage as "Oh, sucky. Hurry up and have D/L separate?" The stories are quite parallel, except for the physical "cheating" boundary. And yes, Rory was stupid. But I cannot "hate" her anymore than I hate Lorelai. (And yet, why I do hate Dean so much??)
ilovetheshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Cotton Candy

It's true, Luke's marriage and Dean's marriage had very similar circumstances. The only difference was that Luke was the victim in his marriage, as opposed to Dean.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Thought I'd bump this episode up since it's being repeated tonight - so there might be people out there who missed it first time around who wants to comment on the ep - or those watching it for a second time might pick up something they missed first time around

Twitter: nlm78
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Total Fan

Nope!! He was finally going to see his girl. He wanted to look fresh for her!!
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Extreme Fan

is this a new flanell cause i think we never have seen it before
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
javajunkie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Total Fan

Thanks Nadine for putting this thread back on track.
I wasn't crazy about this episode but I thought it was good and still I do.
I really liked the whole Luke and Lorelai interaction though it wasn't centric. The whole secret meeting and her lying about following him out saying she needed to go to Dosie's reminded me of Rory and Jess in Let The Games Begin. I also love the realism of their encounter. On the phone they seemed to be comfortable with all that bubblin and teasing, but when they meet in person there was a little embarassment ,which was completely normal seeing the way they left things. The necklace thing was a clear reminder of episode 4.13 when he gave her the earrings ,though the situation was completely different,because then he was still with Nicole and didnt say to Lorelai that he wanted her to have them. Now there's a mutual knowledge of the real meaning hidden under the gift.The almost kiss was so sweet and I loved how Lorelai kept on that silly smile and bumped in that man after Luke walked away.It reminded me a bit of R&R when she was so distracted because of Luke that couldnt help but always bump into something or someone. Liz and TJ were damn funny. I've always enjoyed Liz character since she showed up last season. Her conversation with Luke and Lorelai are priceless. TJ well he's annoying but still funny to see and hear. I laughed so hard when Liz said"you've found you're TJ".I know in her mind was a sweet thing to say but I can only imagine how the comparison showed up to Luke's mind .
The Rory and Lorelai iussue was well treated but resolved a little too quickly in my opinion. They should've talked about it a little more. It wasn't Lorelai's fault though because she did tried in the end but Rory kept changing subject. I also felt bad for Dean. Poor guy he really wasn't able to handle the mess he put himself through. What he said to Rory was absolutely true. She slept with him twice and then left without saying a word,then she comes back after months and dumped him with a letter??? I know she was trying to do the right thing but in a total wrong way.
Overall it was a good episode but I liked the season premiere more.
Reply   Post New Thread