Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Life Unexpected #12: ''We all learned what a light-year is. These years together have been our light-years.''

Life Unexpected

Fifteen year-old Lux has spent her life going from foster family to foster family. She has finally decided to become an emancipated minor. During her journey through the legal maze, Lux finds her biological father, 30-something Nate "Baze" Bazile, who lives above a bar and is astonished to learn he has a daughter. Lux learns that her mother is Cate Cassidy, a star on local radio, along with her boyfriend, Ryan Thomas. A judge decides to grant temporary custody of Lux to Baze and Cate instead of emancipating her.

Character: Cate Cassidy

Episodes:

Season 1

1x01 Pilot
1x02 Home Inspected
Rent Uncollected
Bong Intercepted
Turtle Undefeated
Truth Unrevealed
Crisis Unaverted
Bride Unbridled
Formal Reformed
Family Therapized
Storm Weathered
Father Unfigured
Love Unexpected

Season 2
Ocean Uncharted
Parents Unemployed
Criminal Incriminated
Team Rebounded
Music Faced
Honeymoon Interrupted
Camp Grounded
Plumber Cracked
Homecoming Crashed
Thanks Ungiven
Stand Taken
Teacher Schooled
Affair Remembered

Last edited by broken melody; 09-01-2014 at 11:30 AM
Old 09-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is more about Kris but it has some insight on Shiri's character:

Quote:
Life Unexpected's Kris Polaha on Baze: "He's Going to Surprise Everybody"
Robyn Ross

Life Unexpected

After Life Unexpected's Baze (Kristoffer Polaha) loses two of the loves in his life, Cate (Shiri Appleby) and his bar, it doesn't take long for him to find surrogate replacements, both in the same place: his dad's firm. With a new job as a sales associate and a fiery new boss, Emma (Emma Caulfield), Baze soon finds himself in yet another relationship that starts out as hate-hate.

"Emma hates him and I don't think Baze is too fond of her — he's totally intimidated by this woman. But she's great for Baze," Polaha tells TVGuide.com.

Of course the two will eventually go from being at each other's throats to sticking their tongues down each other's throats, but Polaha says it's more than just a fling. As clichéd as it sounds, Emma makes Baze want to be a better man. And she also helps him to move on from Cate, the mother of his child, Lux (Britt Roberston).

"Cate was so broken and vulnerable, Baze was so broken and vulnerable and last year they were these two people who were basically strangers and the only thing they had in common was the fact that they had this moment in high school and it produced a life. The life came back into theirs and they were drawn together again," Polaha says. "Now you've got a woman ... who's going to call on him to a) get over Cate and b) man up a little bit."

Polaha says it won't be so easy for her to Cate to move on either, despite having been the rejector. "You can't have your cake and eat it too, so I think it's a part of her character's struggle. How do I put it all into place? So I'm sure she's bummed, but she also has to move on because she's married," he says.

But can Baze the sales rep still be the lovable screw-up viewers fell in love with in Season 1? "Last year he was a very defined character, really relatable and people were like, 'I know this guy.' This year he's trying to be better and so he's literally morphing. He's wearing more suits, his hair is getting combed, they're bringing down the stubble," he says.

Polaha isn't worried he'll lose Team Baze fans. "He's a really well-protected, well-written character ... and I think the audience is going to go on this trip," he says before adding, "I think he's going to surprise everybody."

Life Unexpected airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on CW.
Life Unexpected's Kris Polaha on Baze: "He's Going to Surprise Everybody" - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 09-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Lourdes!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi girls

The cast of LUX created a twitter account where the fans will be able to chat live with the cast members. Yesterday Britt was the one answering questions from fans. Next Tuesday is going to be Kerr Smith
Old 09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

"...it has heart, soul, wit and surprises..." - Jennifer Armstrong, EW.com

LIFE UNEXPECTED:
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Contains All 13 Episodes of the First Season Plus Special Features
Including a Featurette, and Behind-the-Scenes Web Videos.

"Expected" to Arrive on Your Doorstep on January 4, 2011

BURBANK, CA (September 28, 2010) - Warner Home Video brings you coming-of-age family drama, Life Unexpected: The Complete First Season to DVD January 4, 2011. Life Unexpected centers around 15-year-old Lux (Britt Robertson), who was given up for adoption at birth but has now been reunited with her birth parents - radio show host Cate (Shiri Appleby) and bartender Baze (Kristoffer Polaha). The three form an unlikely family, complicated by the fact that Cate is engaged to her co-host, Ryan (Kerr Smith). The three-disc set includes all 13 episodes from the first season, two featurettes, and is priced to own on DVD at $39.98 SRP.

Welcome to a new life, Lux Cassidy. A family court judge unites Lux with Cate, the former teenage mom who gave baby Lux up for adoption almost 16 years earlier, and Baze, the dad who never knew she existed. Cate is now a commitment-wary Portland radio personality and engaged to her fabulous fiancé Ryan. Baze is a good-natured goof-off who still lives like an aging frat boy with his slacker roommates Math (Austin Basis) and Jamie (Reggie Austin). And Lux? She's a self-reliant foster kid weary of bouncing from home to home - and not sure her unexpected new life is going to work out any better. What does it take to make a family? The answers begin to surface in season one of this smart, warm-hearted, critically acclaimed series offering stories you can believe in and characters you can love.

Life Unexpected premiered to 2.83 million viewers, outperforming Gossip Girl's original season average in Adults 18-34 and improving on its One Tree Hill lead-in by 30% in total viewers. The series was nominated in 2010 for the Teen Choice Awards' TV Breakout Show!

The series is produced by CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television in association with Mojo Films. Executive producers include Liz Tigelaar (Brothers and Sisters, What About Brian), Gary Fleder (October Road) and Janet Leahy (Gilmore Girls).

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:

* Deleted Scenes
* Gag Reel
* Making-of-Featurette
* Behind-the-Scenes Web Videos

13 ONE-HOUR EPISODES:

1. Pilot
2. Home Inspected
3. Rent Uncollected
4. Bong Intercepted
5. Turtle Undefeated
6. Truth Unrevealed
7. Crisis Unaverted
8. Bride Unbridled
9. Formal Reformed
10. Family Therapized
11. Storm Weathered
12. Father Unfigured
13. Love Unexpected

LIFE UNEXPECTED: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
$39.98 SRP
Street Date: January 4, 2011
Languages: English - Dolby Surround 5.1 Audio
Subtitles: English SDH, French Parisian, Complex Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin Spanish, Thai
Running Time: Approx 559 minutes, EC runtime approx 30 minutes

Taken from: Life Unexpected DVD news: Press Release for Life Unexpected - The Complete 1st Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Van (View Post)
Hi girls

The cast of LUX created a twitter account where the fans will be able to chat live with the cast members. Yesterday Britt was the one answering questions from fans. Next Tuesday is going to be Kerr Smith
We're not 100% sure who will tweet live next week unless they announced it. We only suggested Kerr because he hasn't tweeted with us yet. I hope we get a chance to tweet live with Shiri. She's a pro!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I could never do the tweeting thing while the show is on. I wouldn't be able to concentrate properly.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Nor do I! I can't do anything while I watch the show.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
We're not 100% sure who will tweet live next week unless they announced it. We only suggested Kerr because he hasn't tweeted with us yet. I hope we get a chance to tweet live with Shiri. She's a pro!
Sorry girls for give you the wrong info
I was sure that it would be Kerr. I read many people saying that he would be the next...

Today is Liz's birthday!!

Liz Tigelaar
Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Absolute Fan

thank you for the links
Old 10-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Lulu: I'm very grateful, too for all your details
Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey ana julia, do you know when Lux starts in latin america?

no he visto nada anunciado y muero por que empiece.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the links!

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Closed Thread   Post New Thread