Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Extreme Fan

22 Movie Nights (D/Jo)- Because all she could think about was the fact that he had held her hand.

by Beatriz

21 Movie Nights for Dawson & Joey

by JenMixelle

This is the story of two soulmates, two best friends from childhood that had to strugle very hard to find their way in each other's lifes once romance entered their world. Ill crossed fate lovers, their destiny didn't seem to be the one they expected to. But there is always hope...

.: best scenes :.

Here is the first time we ever layed eyes on Dawson and Joey:

*Dawson's room at night. Joey and Dawson lay face down on his bed watching ET.*
Joey: *imitating E.T.* I'll be right here. I love this movie. This won the Oscar didn't it?
*Dawson turns off the movie and switches it to the local news, which his mom co-anchors for.*
Dawson: Ghandi. Spielberg was robbed. This was before he outgrew his Peter Pan syndrome.
Joey: But Ghandi? I mean why give an Oscar to a movie you can't even sit through?
Dawson: Thank you.
*Joey watches the TV as she gets up to put on her shoes.*
Joey: New do?
Dawson: Yeah. She likes big hair.
Joey: Must weigh a lot. How does she walk upright?
*Dawson laughs then notices Joey putting on her shoes.*
Dawson: Where are you going?
Joey: Home.
Dawson: Spend the night.
Joey: I can't.
Dawson: Come on you always spend the night.
Joey: Not tonight.
Dawson: Why not?
Joey: I just don't think it's a good idea for me to sleep over anymore, you know?
*Dawson sits up and puts the remote control on his desk.*
Dawson: No, I don't know. C'mon, You've been sleeping over since you were seven. It's Saturday night.
Joey: Things change Dawson. Evolve.
Dawson: What are you talking about?
Joey: Sleeping in the same bed was fine when we were kids, but we're fifteen now.
Dawson: Yeah.
Joey: We start high school Monday?
Dawson: Yeah.
Joey: And I have breasts!
Dawson: What?!
Joey: And you have genitalia!
Dawson: I've always had genitalia.
Joey: But there's more of it.
*Dawson is embarrassed.*
Dawson: How do you know?
Joey: Long fingers. I gotta go.
Dawson: Whoa Jo, don't hit and run. C'mon, explain yourself.
Joey: I just think our emerging hormones are destined to alter our relationship and I'm trying to limit the fallout.
*Dawson gets up off the bed with his arms crossed, smiling.*Dawson: Your emerging hormones aren't developing a thang for me, are they?
Joey: A thang? No, I'm not getting a thang for you Dawson. I've known you too long. I've seen you burp, barf, pick your nose, scratch your butt. I don't think I'm getting a thang for you.
Dawson: So what's the problem?
Joey: We're changing and we have to adjust or else the male/female thing will get in the way.
*Dawson sits back down on the bed.*
Dawson: What's with this When Harry met 80's crap. It doesn't apply to us, we transcend it.
Joey: And how do we do that?
Dawson: By going to sleep. I'm tired.
Joey: That's avoidance.
Dawson: No, it's proof. Proof that we can still remain friends, despite any mounting sexual theoretics.
Joey: I don't think it works that way Dawson.
Dawson: Come on, don't get female on me Joey. I don't want to have to start calling you Josephine.
Joey: Josephine this!
*She leaps onto the bed and attacks him with punches. They tickle and punch each other until Dawson has the upper hand.*
Joey: Okay, I give. I give.
Dawson: We're friends okay? No matter how much body hair we acquire? Deal?
Joey: Deal.
Dawson: All right. And we don't ever talk about this again, deal?
Joey: You got it.
Dawson: Okay, cool.
Joey: Cool.
*Dawson and Joey each climb under the covers.*
Dawson: Goodnight Joey.
Joey: Goodnight Dawson.
*Dawson stares up at the ceiling*
Dawson: Why'd you have to bring this up anyway?

.: icons of the moment :.

Brighter Than Sunshine

.: fanart of the moment :.

by Beatriz

by *Nora*

by Cris

by Pure.Magic
Old 05-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
Awwww graduation scene. I'm graduating college on Saturday! I bet Dawson went to joeys graduation from Worthington
^^ That's great! Kimberly

I agree too Kimberly about Dawson going to joeys college graduation and I'm sure he was very proud of her.

Quote:
Today marks 9 years since the series finale aired. Bittersweet...
9 years it don't even feel that long ago from 2003

Well we need a D/Jo finale moment then.

Finale

^ This D/Jo moment is sad but It's one of my favorites cuz Joey always wanted Dawson when something bad happened and this moment shows it. they always make each other feel better.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

It's a sad moment (for various reasons), but I always liked the fact that no matter what, they were not only there for each other, but they were one another's first choice when they needed comfort. I do think that went on for their entire lives, in moments we've seen, those we haven't seen in the show and those that happened post-finale. In that regard, I do appreciate the finale's "You and me, always." as well as S3's "we'll always be Dawson and Joey". That kind of connection is why I fell in love with them.

I can't believe it's been that long since the show ended.

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that scene Luke! It's one of my favorites for those same reasons that you guys said. That embrace is so powerful...how he wraps his arms around her...

Let's stop the finale right there and do a rewrite. Joey goes into his house. They tell Gale. Then they go up to Dawson's room and hold eachother on his bed and talk about it more. Then Joey tells Dawson about Chris and how she doesn't want to marry him. Joey tells Dawson she just wants to fall asleep in his arms and then she does. Cue happy ending music
Old 05-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love that rewrite, Kimberly! Except...before they fall asleep they...well, do something else first.

Jeez, 9 years ago!? That makes me feel old. I can't believe it's been that long since the finale...and I bet watching it today would still effect me as much as it did back then. Thanks for highlighting that sweet scene, Lucas! At least it had a few positive DJ moments.

avi: Beatriz
Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMixelle (View Post)
It's a sad moment (for various reasons), but I always liked the fact that no matter what, they were not only there for each other, but they were one another's first choice when they needed comfort. I do think that went on for their entire lives, in moments we've seen, those we haven't seen in the show and those that happened post-finale. In that regard, I do appreciate the finale's "You and me, always." as well as S3's "we'll always be Dawson and Joey". That kind of connection is why I fell in love with them.
^^ Me too Jen

Quote:
Let's stop the finale right there and do a rewrite. Joey goes into his house. They tell Gale. Then they go up to Dawson's room and hold eachother on his bed and talk about it more. Then Joey tells Dawson about Chris and how she doesn't want to marry him. Joey tells Dawson she just wants to fall asleep in his arms and then she does. Cue happy ending music
^^ I like that rewrite a lot Kimberly it's perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison (View Post)
Thanks for highlighting that sweet scene, Lucas! At least it had a few positive DJ moments.
Your welcome Madison the finale did have it's moments like the wedding dance I like that scene too.

After wedding dance

you Know Joey wrote that story in season five about the Coda kiss that ultimately got published and in the end she became an editor so if you think about it not only do these two really know each other ("you ramble when you're nervous") they are also perfect together cuz I think Joey could have written the movie stories/screenplays and Dawson as a director could have made the movies..... they would make a great team.

Last edited by Lucas William; 05-18-2012 at 01:43 AM
Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

ooh I like your edit to my rewrite Maddy

You know when Gale finds Dawson writing before that dance scene in the finale? I wish that would've been Joey finding him. That would have made for a good scene and the perfect opportunity for them to talk.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I was looking through my storage unit last weekend and found this poster.

It's a little torn on the side but I still remember it hanging in my room in college.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Loyal Fan

wow, if only i had that poster!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

I'm jealous that you have the actual poster!!
Old 05-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Lovely poster
Old 05-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

It is
Old 05-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Extreme Fan

That's awesome Lindsay Dawn I would love to have that promo ad as a full size poster just to keep as a DC collectors item.

621 - Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road

Quote:
[Scene: Outside Dawson's House.* Joey comes walking up to the House and notices that the Ladder is up against the house leading up to Dawson's Window.* She looks up it and you can see the memories flooding back in her eyes. Dawson comes walking up from behind her.]

Dawson: Go ahead.

Quote:
[She turns to him and smiles and then she begins climbing the ladder]
Look how happy Dawson is that Joey is there and you gotta love the smile she gives him back.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

That scene is so nostalgic. I SOOO wish we couldve heard more of their all day conversation!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

That poster! I'd love to have had any, actually, but that one especially. So pretty

& man, I remember when those promo pics came out! And I remember a lot of people basically doing this:
It has DJo, the ladder, the creek... everything

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ