Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Charmed - "The Replacement" (1.18) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Apr 21st @ 9PM)

Charmed | 1.18 - "The Replacement"
Original Airdate: April 21, 2019 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
When Harry mysteriously disappears, a substitute Whitelighter, Tessa (guest star
Chloe Bridges), surprises the sisters. With Galvin's return imminent, Macy knows
she must tell him her decision about her demon side. Niko is curious when she
sees that the Sarcana has cleared out and calls Mel for clarity, but when Mel
arrives she is alarmed at what she discovers. Meanwhile, Maggie is trying to
figure out how she can pay for college and turns to Macy for guidance.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Tftnt.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-22-2019, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

oh, I didn't there was a new one!
Old 04-22-2019, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yep. It returned from it's 3 week hiatus last night.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like the new white lighter . She reminded me of Natalie from the Original Charmed in season 3 Blinded by the Whitelighter". Except she doesn't annoyed me at all. I loved her entrance, and how when the girls complain she pointed out that Harry kidnapped them, and tied them to a chair.

I feel she was totally right in telling the girls that they need to stop relying on the book of Shadows so much , and they should learn the spells by heart. I agree with that so much. I remember that when Phoebe lost her powers , I was thinking she should start learning options and spells by memory to make up for her lost of power.of

Galvin finally came back, and Macy didn't even notice that he was different. I knew it wasn't G alvin simply from the way he responded to Macy wanting to keep her demon side. Galvin wasn't the type to take things like that calmly. After all he did just risk his life for her. However I am glad that Macy and Galvin broke up, although I understand Galvin didn't want to be with her after being taken over by a demon. I never liked Galvin.

So after this episode are we all in agreement that Fiona is evil? She killed all the sisters of Arcana. I wonder if Fiona trying to become the New Source, or is she is the new source?
Old 04-22-2019, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I think this is the first Charmed episode I found boring I only liked Maggie's fashion sense
Old 04-23-2019, 01:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I think this is the first Charmed episode I found boring I only liked Maggie's fashion sense
It's the opposite for me. I didn't like Maggie's fashion sense , and I loved 💘 this episode. This is the first episode that I liked Galvin. I am glad that him and Macy broke up. I like the new white lighter she funny, and she useful. I have a feeling that Tessa, and G alvin are going to be right about Macy losing control of her demon side.

I think that it odd that Jada was hanging around after Fiona killed all the Sarcana . Does anyone think that might not have been Jada? But Fiona appearing as Jada, ( like Zankou use to do ) to lure the Charmed ones into a trap? I think Fiona is the new source, or do it seem. I think everyone is going to think she the new source, but it won't be her. It will be someone least expected.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I have yet to watch.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-24-2019, 02:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

what even is that Tessa? Good guilt tripping or attempt at it
I do agree that she's like how Natalie was though, but I found Natalie more likable? We'll see though...
(I completely agree that they need to stop relying completely on the Book of Shadows though)

Nice candle glad they have something to block the Elders & whitelighters
I like that yet again they're giving another name to their whitelighter

oh poor Mel working the shift for Niko & Greta's bachelorette party (why are they sharing that, shouldn't it be individual?)

Love the culture discussion between Maggie & Macy

Not surprised Galvin isn't Galvin. Macy should've picked up on something, I agree she should've been suspicious by his behaviour

Did Niko hear Mel & Maggie talking about magic?

Go Maggie remembering the spell . Not sure I agree with Macy's alternative though - especially her eyes going dark while doing it

I like Tessa more towards the end. But I guess Natalie also was better towards the end of her ep too

Completely agree with Galvin's decision to break up with Macy after all he went through & then Macy not wanting to get rid of her demon side. Wonder if this is the end of him though?

Ah yes Niko knows everything just as I thought or at least some of things, not the removed history

Now seems the end of Jada too? I feel its more likely she'd be out for good than Galvin

Quote:
So after this episode are we all in agreement that Fiona is evil? She killed all the sisters of Arcana. I wonder if Fiona trying to become the New Source, or is she is the new source?
Were we ever not in agreement about her being evil? I know you & I were already in agreement on that one. I never trusted her
As for the source but I don't know. It'd be an interesting twist. According to Alastor it needed to be a half human/half demon like Parker as that's what he wanted to prepare him for. We have no idea if that's true or even if Fiona is that too. The Charmed Ones are meant to go up against the source so it would make sense at this point if she was. Unless she's trying to break the source free?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I need to watch the episode sometime.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-24-2019, 03:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You should when you get the chance as its an interesting one . Parker isn't in it or mentioned I don't think actually. I do get why Rita found the ep boring though as it wasn't the most interesting ep & possibly more a filler to introduce Tessa & bring Galvin back

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2019, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Not even a mention... well, that sucks.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 04-25-2019, 02:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah. That's why I thought I'd warn you. Just don't think he fit in with this storyline unfortunately (although they could've at least made a comment about how if Tessa didn't like Macy dating Galvin, what's she going to say about Maggie & Parker... that's at least what I was thinking while watching the ep as that'll be an interesting reaction)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-27-2019, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Maybe we'll know her reaction to Parker tomorrow night?

{taek su mi sun}