Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

2008 FF Holiday Art Competition Final Poll links and Feedback Thread

Hey everyone!

The final polls are up! Follow these links to vote. Please be sure to read the opening post of the polls before you vote.

General Discussion
Female Celebrities
Male Celebrities
TV Shows: Past
TV Shows: Present
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Music Artists
______

Feedback portion

I would love it and it'd be appreciated if those who participated and voted could take a few moments to fill out some feedback questions!

First vote in the final polls before you provide your feedback so that your comments can reflect the entire process. Or feel free to comment after the announcements are revealed.

Please answer only the ones you want to.

What did you like about the competition?
What do you think can be changed about it?
Did you submit an art?
- If not, why? What could we have done differently to get you to submit one? (IE; Longer time etc..)
- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with?
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate?
Anything else?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by 4N6 DNA; 12-26-2008 at 09:18 AM
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

I liked how organized it was. It was really easy for me to go to all the boards and look at the art. I also loved all the arts, they were all amazing and they were fun to go through.

Nothing as far as I could tell.

Did you submit an art?

I didn't, because I'm not the best at making fan art. I'm still practicing with the whole Paint shop pro thing.

- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with?
Anything else?

I'll most likely participate next year
Old 12-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

What did you like about the competition? That it was well organized, that people had the chance to show their arts and that I got to see different parts of ff.

What do you think can be changed about it? I don't think there should be anything changed. Well maybe the time for the first votes (it was too short IMO) but other then that it was fantastic.

Did you submit an art? No, I'm not good at making arts.

If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Maybe. Depends on how much I would learn about making arts.

Anything else? Thanks! You did a great job with putting this up.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Voted and I'll do the feedback questions later
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

What did you like about the competition?: It was well organized - very easy for everybody.
What do you think can be changed about it?: Nothing, I think.
Did you submit an art?: No.
- If not, why? What could we have done differently to get you to submit one? (IE; Longer time etc..): No. It's just I don't know how to make arts. I'm not an arts maker. There are true talented people out there ... although I'd love to learn.
Anything else?: Congrats for the wonderful job everybody!
unbreakable clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

What did you like about the competition? That it was organized and that I was able to help out!
What do you think can be changed about it? Absolutely nothing!
Did you submit an art? Yes.
- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? Nope, I don't.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Of course!
Anything else? All the artworks were pretty, and everyone did a great job!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

What did you like about the competition? That it was well organized and that I had the chance to compete.
What do you think can be changed about it? Well, maybe next year a longer period of time for submitting arts and longer period for voting.
If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? No.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Of course!
Anything else? Thanks for organizing this and every art was beautiful cuz I know that authors created it with love.

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

What did you like about the competition? Great chance to see all of the talented artists from boards I don't visit.
What do you think can be changed about it? Extend the first voting period, if only because so many people are away right now.
- If not, why? What could we have done differently to get you to submit one? (IE; Longer time etc..)
- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? I had originally wanted to make something not quite to the specified size, but it wasn't hard to fix that.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Yeah, I suppose.
Anything else?Great to see this up again, Jessie. I hope we can get it going next year.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What did you like about the competition? I just think it's great, because it encourages creativity, and I think everyone has fun with it. I had a lot of fun voting, and I'm sure the makers enjoyed it as well.
What do you think can be changed about it? The only thing I would say, is maybe give a bit longer for people to submit because a lot of people are just finishing finals and are exhausted and also the holidays keep everyone really busy.
Did you submit an art? No. It's nothing to do with the process, I'm just more of an icon-making girl. Hee.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? I would definitely vote in the polls again, and perhaps submit an art.
Anything else? Thanks for all that you did. It was a lot of fun.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

it was amazing last year, but even better this year. I loved how it was so free for all kinds of creativity, but at the same time so organized.
Well at first it was little hard understanding the thumbnail icon thing worked, so that should've been explained better, but nothing else comes in mind
Did you submit an art?
I did, and i didn't find anything really hard about it (eccept the thumbnail part )
Of course!
Anything else? and über big thank you to Jessie and whole GT for organizing this!
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

How easily I was able follow all the stages and how organized everything was. Also that we were able to vote and participate. All the arts were really pretty and it was fun to do a round on a lot of the boards.

I don't think there's anything. Everything was great

Did you submit an art?
No, I didn't.
It's not the rules for the competition, but the fact that I'm still new to the whole art-making process and I didn't think I can make something good enough to submit just yet.

I might

Anything else?
I just wanted to congratulate everyone on a job well-done This was really fun.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What did you like about the competition? I liked seeing all the different arts and how everyone added their own Christmas touches to the art.
What do you think can be changed about it? Nothing, I think it was great with the timing between submitting and voting.
- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? Not at all. They were really easy to understand and follow.
If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Probably.
Anything else? Great job to everyone that participated. All the arts looked amazing! I enjoyed looking through them all.

Molly.
nyychick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Describe "Thumbnails" as Links as Thumbnails as "Images" when describing an art that needs to be resized, if that hasn't been done already. I thought "One Art Per Board", for some reason, thought "Submit One Art Only". *Shrugs* that was probably an error on my part, but still...

Did you submit an art?
Yeah. A Milla Jovovich Wallpaper at the Female Celebrities Board.

If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with?
Not really. I just got tripped up on a few minor details. Happens to me all the time.

Yeah, I would.
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters

Last edited by J.R. MacReady; 01-02-2009 at 03:34 PM
J.R. MacReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

What did you like about the competition? - It was really organized. I loved going around to the different boards and looking at all the pretty arts.

What do you think can be changed about it? - Hm, nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Did you submit an art? - Yes.

If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? No, I think everything was pretty straightforward and it wasn't hard to stay within the guidelines.

If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Yep, it was fun.
colorful_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Total Fan

What did you like about the competition? Hopping from one board to another to vote I normally only post on a few boards, so moving around was really really fun

What do you think can be changed about it? There was a really wordy Rules section Maybe a step by step procedure thing would be better, and then having a FAQ section for the little questions of where participants should post their art etc etc.

For example:
Step 1: Decide the size of your art.. 400 by 300, 800 by 600, 1024 by 768 as they are the only 3 sizes allowed in this competition
Step 2: Make a fabulous holiday themed art of a celebrity of your choice.
Step 3: Write your username at the bottom left hand corner of the art in size 12 Times New Roman

And I think you get the flow

Alternatively..

You can post an example post so that people don't miss out certain things, like posting a thumbnail, or a link to their image.

Did you submit an art? Yup

- If yes, did you think the process and restrictions were difficult to work with? Not at all. It was pretty easy to follow

If we had this competition again next year, would you participate? Definitely! It was really fun!

Anything else? I hope you haven't fell asleep yet
Reply   Post New Thread