Very true

Tori
Old 10-17-2019, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Hollywood in general is very problematic.
Yes it really is. I'm glad alycia seems very unproblematic (though she likes a few problematic people).
Old 10-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

There's no such thing as unproblematic people and Hollywood isn't really that different from other industries, we just hear more about it because of media attention and fan culture. Fan culture puts people on a pedestal.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
There's no such thing as unproblematic people and Hollywood isn't really that different from other industries, we just hear more about it because of media attention and fan culture. Fan culture puts people on a pedestal.
I think with unproblematic people we mean people are are actually nice and decent people, of course all make mistakes or say/do things they probably shouldn't do even our favs here like alycia or emilia have habits I personally don't like. Nobody's perfect. But I'd say they are likeable after all. Unlike others who are really huge jerks and asses.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

But you don't know them, you can't say they are decent or kind just because of the pr persona they put on in front of the cameras. Emilia Clarke for example is close with Rose Leslie who campaigned for Brexit, whose dad is a former Tory who plans to run for the Brexit party in the next general election and she is campaigninf for him too.

I'm a huge fan of Brie Larson, Tessa Thompson and Janelle Monae for example and support them also because they are vocal about issues I care about but at the end of the day I don't know them, so I'm not sure what they are actually like in real life.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh lord. Brexit.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
But you don't know them, you can't say they are decent or kind just because of the pr persona they put on in front of the cameras. Emilia Clarke for example is close with Rose Leslie who campaigned for Brexit, whose dad is a former Tory who plans to run for the Brexit party in the next general election and she is campaigninf for him too.

I'm a huge fan of Brie Larson, Tessa Thompson and Janelle Monae for example and support them also because they are vocal about issues I care about but at the end of the day I don't know them, so I'm not sure what they are actually like in real life.
We can't be sure, but we surely can have an idea of how they are. And I do believe alycia is a decent person. I have to to like her. She's one of my fave celebs together with amber heard. Tessa is great too. I like emilia as an actress and bc she comes of cute, but if she's friend with a brexit tory plus her advertisement for D&G, I have to admit she's more on the problematic side. I will have to reconsider if I continue posting on her board.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

If we didn't like celebrities because of who they are associated with then we probably wouldn't like any of them. Otherwise, we can always find someone they hang out with or are friends with who are problematic in some way I like the celeb, not their friend.

Tori

Last edited by Can't Have You; 10-17-2019 at 07:17 PM
Old 10-17-2019, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, I like the celeb, not their friend, although if their friend does something truly problematic and they don't call it out, then I might side eye them.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 10-17-2019, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
If we didn't like celebrities because of who they are associated with then we probably wouldn't like any of them. Otherwise, we can always find someone they hang out with or are friends with who are problematic in some way I like the celeb, not their friend.
If alycia was actually friends with kim k I'd very probably stop posting here tbh. I mean who you're friends with also tells a lot about you. Well plus I'm a super critical person.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Kim has even any real friends
Old 10-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
I don't think Kim has even any real friends
Probably not i guess.

Btw what lgbtq related day is today? Anyone know.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Probably not i guess.

Btw what lgbtq related day is today? Anyone know.
I think it's against discrimination, someone posted an explantion after Alycia sent purple hearts on twitter.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa back (View Post)
I think it's against discrimination, someone posted an explantion after Alycia sent purple hearts on twitter.
Yes according to twitter it's spirit day. And the colour is purple. It's really sweet she supports this.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spirit day is meant to support LGBTQ youth and prevent bullying.

amelia | icon: mel
Closed Thread   Post New Thread