Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

“The Storm Has Just Begun” (3x19) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs April 22, 2015

“The Storm Has Just Begun”" (3x19)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: April 22, 2015 at 10 pm EST on ABC

Episode Description:

IT’S THE EVENING OF TEDDY’S “NOTE BY NOTE” GALA WITH RAYNA, DEACON AND THE GIRLS READY TO PERFORM, BUT BEFORE THEY CAN, DEACON RECEIVES THE CALL HE’S BEEN WAITING FOR, ON ABC’S “NASHVILLE”

Grammy Award®-Winning Music Sensation Christina Aguilera Guest Stars as Jade St. John

“The Storm Has Just Begun” – The brightest stars of Nashville have gathered in support of Teddy’s music education initiative, “Note By Note,” where Juliette plans her return to the spotlight – and Layla finds herself thrust into it – alongside Jade St. John. At the gala, Rayna, Deacon, Maddie and Daphne get ready to take the stage and perform, but before they can, Deacon receives the call he’s been waiting for containing some life-changing news, on “Nashville,” airing WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22 (10:00–11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Nashville” stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O’Connor, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, Will Chase as Luke Wheeler, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Oliver Hudson as Jeff Fordham, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Maisy Stella as Daphne Conrad and Lennon Stella as Maddie Conrad.

Guest starring are Christina Aguilera as Jade St. John; Aubrey Peeples as Layla; Ed Amatrudo as Glenn Goodman; David Alford as Bucky Dawes; Kevin Bicks as Kyle Dean Massey and Nick Jandl as Dr. Caleb Rand.

“The Storm Has Just Begun” was written by Dana Greenblatt and Geoffrey Nauffts and directed by Nelson McCormick.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt
Old 04-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 04-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread, another episode I'm really looking forward to.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

the return of Juliette

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 04-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

hayden looks so pretty in that preview I can't even <3
Old 04-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Doesn't she always, gurl

Old 04-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Happy Nashville day!
Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

happy nashville day!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Happy Nashville day!

I always love when episodes get everyone in the same place. So tonight should be good. Plus we should get some good stuff out of the cancer story too
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Happy Nashville day!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I was surprised, but I really didn't like this episode except for the end. The Rayna praying scene intercut with Deacon and Maddie was heartbreaking, and I liked how they ended on Juliette, but most of the other stuff sucked. The R/D/S/M scenes were so short that there was barely any emotion in scenes that should have been really emotional. Though Deacon going from thinking he had the surgery then finding out he didn't, the look on Chip's face was so sad.

I loved Christina's song, it was beautiful, but she's not a good actress and just draws you out of the moment since all I keep thinking is there's Christina. Put her with Layla (also a terrible actress) and I'm starting to wonder why I'm still watching this show. I was super annoyed that they didn't have Juliette sing. I'm not even a huge fan of Hayden's voice, but I was looking forward to it in the storyline, and having Layla sing instead was just insulting. At least they didn't show it.

Also, I've been waiting for a Teddy/Luke scene for over a season, but I felt like that was poorly acted by both men, who aren't normally bad actors. I did however love the Daphne song event though she sang it with Luke. The girl has a voice on her.

The Will stuff was kind of cute. i do really like him with Kevin. And Gunnar was less annoying this episode, so there's that. But overall I give it a C-.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:16 PM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
I was surprised, but I really didn't like this episode except for the end. The Rayna praying scene intercut with Deacon and Maddie was heartbreaking, and I liked how they ended on Juliette, but most of the other stuff sucked. The R/D/S/M scenes were so short that there was barely any emotion in scenes that should have been really emotional. Though Deacon going from thinking he had the surgery then finding out he didn't, the look on Chip's face was so sad.

I loved Christina's song, it was beautiful, but she's not a good actress and just draws you out of the moment since all I keep thinking is there's Christina. Put her with Layla (also a terrible actress) and I'm starting to wonder why I'm still watching this show. I was super annoyed that they didn't have Juliette sing. I'm not even a huge fan of Hayden's voice, but I was looking forward to it in the storyline, and having Layla sing instead was just insulting. At least they didn't show it.

Also, I've been waiting for a Teddy/Luke scene for over a season, but I felt like that was poorly acted by both men, who aren't normally bad actors. I did however love the Daphne song event though she sang it with Luke. The girl has a voice on her.

The Will stuff was kind of cute. i do really like him with Kevin. And Gunnar was less annoying this episode, so there's that. But overall I give it a C-.
I too hated it except for Will and Kevin. Also Jade and Luke...creepy

D+
Old 04-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
I'm not even a huge fan of Hayden's voice, but I was looking forward to it in the storyline, and having Layla sing instead was just insulting. At least they didn't show it.

I am super thankful they didn't show it, it would have been worst for me. I am soooo over the Aubrey Peeples is all that point the show is trying to sell. Sorry 2 seasons of her and I am still not buying it. Are we suppose to care about Layla/Jeff? No matter how good an actor Oliver is, he still can't make me want Jeff to end up with this girl. My fav Jeff scene of the night was him asking Juliette is she is going to give birth soon But the show is killing me with having Avery and Jeff in the same room and no interaction.

Speaking of things that felt force ... hello to you Luke/Jade.

Kevin and Will were the highlight of the episode. And Gunnar as less of an butt than usual was good to see.

I enjoyed the acting between Juliette/Avery but it looks like the storyline direction is still too subtle for some viewers, I have seen other places call Juliette names that I don't care to repeat for her behavior.

But I must say the highlight of the night was the promo for the next episode for me, about time we see Juliette/Avery back to their flirty status they haven't been like that since 220 before Avery turned her down. Guessing the flirting will lead to nothing since there was no S rating for the episode but still the stage and flirting in 320 is hopefully going to be better than the 220 ending (Juliette ending up with Jeff instead back then). So we get good stuff before the sure to be dramatic finale IMO.

Moving on to the D/R/M/S/C/G stuff, it felt really filler to me for some reason. Actually most of the episode felt like that to me.