Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

I truly hope we’ve seen the end of ‘Whose side is Simmons really on?’

I’m not sure how or at what point Fitz will reunite with Coulson, but I have a feeling he may find him before Coulson joins with Ward since next week’s episode seems to focus on May.

Also, I’m hoping that May and Simmons stick together while in the company of Shield 2.0.

At some point Ward may cross paths with everyone he betrayed. I’m particularly wondering about Simmons’s reaction. Since she specifically threatened that the next time she saw him, she would kill him.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Rebranding this thread for Season 3 speculation!

I saw a speculation this morning that got my attention: that the Kree stone that absorbed Simmons at the end was actually one of the Infinity Gems that hasn't yet appeared in any of the movies. It could be a manifestation of the Soul Gem, and Wikipedia describes its powers thusly:

Quote:
Allows the user to steal, control, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead, and is the gateway to an idyllic pocket universe that is much like heaven. It also has the ability to steal the powers and abilities of others, which is why people argue that this gem is more powerful than the other gems. The Soul Gem is sentient and has a hunger for souls. It is often considered to be the most dangerous and corrupt of all the gems. Mastery of the gem would allow the user to control all life in the universe.
Stealing souls would fit with what happened to Simmons; it would also mean that she could actually be stuck in a pretty nice place.

Stealing the powers and abilities from others would fit the idea that the stone is dangerous to the Inhumans.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Very cool, thanks for that tidbit.

The whole "steal, control, manipulate souls" part has me worried for Jemma. =/
Old 05-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerly (View Post)
The whole "steal, control, manipulate souls" part has me worried for Jemma. =/
I am definitely concerned about how this will change Simmons. I'm worried that she could come back as some completely different character. Last night I had flashbacks of Angel where Fred transformed into Illyria - the set up was kind of similar, the moment Fred and Wesley finally resolved a long unrequited love, Fred effectively died and came back as a different character.

I hope whatever happens, she still comes back as basically the same character, if maybe traumatized by whatever she experiences. I don't want her to be manipulated in any way, and I'd also rather she not come back with any crazy superpowers either.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

That would fit what we have been told about the stone, especially why Jiaying feared it. Also, it would be awesome if they introduced that on the show. Poor Simmons though.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I am definitely concerned about how this will change Simmons. I'm worried that she could come back as some completely different character. Last night I had flashbacks of Angel where Fred transformed into Illyria - the set up was kind of similar, the moment Fred and Wesley finally resolved a long unrequited love, Fred effectively died and came back as a different character.

I hope whatever happens, she still comes back as basically the same character, if maybe traumatized by whatever she experiences. I don't want her to be manipulated in any way, and I'd also rather she not come back with any crazy superpowers either.
I never watched Angel, so I suppose that I'm traumatized like the rest of you when it comes to the idea that Simmons may come back completely different. I hope that isn't the case.

I guess there's been speculation that Ward is going to dismantle Hydra from the inside, and that's why he was concerned with the list. I don't believe it, but this is the place for speculation.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

If they pull a Fred from Angel with Simmons I'll be most displeased. Once was enough for me in this lifetime.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)
I guess there's been speculation that Ward is going to dismantle Hydra from the inside, and that's why he was concerned with the list. I don't believe it, but this is the place for speculation.
I think that's speculation from people that really want to believe there's some good in Ward, despite all evidence to the contrary.

I think the business with the list was that Ward isn't used to being in charge, he's used to following someone else's orders so he was trying to find someone else in charge that he could work with. He's never really cared about Hydra or it's ideology, he's just making use of the existing Hydra infrastructure to further his own ends.

And I think the difference with having Ward in charge is that he'll make things very personal. He won't just go after SHIELD on principle, he'll use Hydra to go after Coulson and his former teammates personally.

Ward might end up dismantling Hydra in the sense that he doesn't really care about Hydra, it's just a means to an end, and he won't care if it all falls apart so long as he gets what he wants personally.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Correct me if I'm wrong. To my understanding, the contaminated fish oil has the potential to allow certain people to become inhumans?? And the Kree stone that swallowed Simmons has the potential to destroy/ harm inhumans?

If so:
Best-case scenario, Simmons remains physically unaltered by this experience or if she does come back with powers, she plays a part in combatting any masses of "evil" inhumans. I believe inhumans are like humans in that there are some who are good and others who are terrible.
Absolute worst-case scenario, she becomes something Fitz will eventually need to take down. But the show kind of already did that with Cal and Jiaying, maybe?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think the business with the list was that Ward isn't used to being in charge, he's used to following someone else's orders so he was trying to find someone else in charge that he could work with. He's never really cared about Hydra or it's ideology, he's just making use of the existing Hydra infrastructure to further his own ends.

And I think the difference with having Ward in charge is that he'll make things very personal. He won't just go after SHIELD on principle, he'll use Hydra to go after Coulson and his former teammates personally.

Will Ward be in charge of HYDRA solely on the show . . . or fo all of the remnants of HYDRA that is still around? I doubt the latter. And I rather doubt he has the ability to use the existing infrastructure of HYDRA- in which two very scary guys still exist - to further his own ends.

Do people really believe that Simmon's appearance will remain unchanged? If so . . . why was Raina the only one whose appearance changed so drastically?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Will Ward be in charge of HYDRA solely on the show . . . or fo all of the remnants of HYDRA that is still around? I doubt the latter. And I rather doubt he has the ability to use the existing infrastructure of HYDRA- in which two very scary guys still exist - to further his own ends.
If the two scary guys you're referring to are Von Strucker and List ...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Do people really believe that Simmon's appearance will remain unchanged? If so . . . why was Raina the only one whose appearance changed so drastically?
I don't see the connection. Raina was born with the genetics to become an Inhuman, but had the bad luck that her Inhuman transformation changed her appearance - and that doesn't seem to happen often, the only other Inhuman we've seen like that was Gordon, the others looked fairly normal. Whatever happens to Jemma, she's been sucked into a rock that's supposed be dangerous to Inhumans, so kind of the opposite of the Terrigen Mist that changed Raina.

I'm much more worried about some kind of internal transformation in Jemma that could radically change the character, and much less worried about her looking physically different. When I compared her to Fred/Illyria, I wasn't thinking so much that Illyria didn't look human, and more that she was effectively a completely different character played by the same actress.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My biggest fear is that they'll pull an Illyria with her, she's my favourite character and I would hate it so much if she were to become someone else entirely. I've read some great theories around the internet though, the possibilities are almost endless and that's also very scary I wish we at least knew a little more about what this stone does, besides that its purpose is to combat Inhumans. A popular theory is that Jemma will become a sort of 'Inhuman slayer' as it were, and that does have some interesting potential, especially if she's still herself underneath all of that. Another theory is that the stone is more of a gateway to somewhere (lots of people think it's a soul stone or another kind of infinity stone) and that Jemma might be in some other place and that it would be possible that once they get her out, much more time has passed for her and that she'll be changed because of that, but not necessarily changed in the literal sense. Another popular theory, mostly thanks to the goo-y appearance of the rock in liquid form, is that she might be Venom when she returns (here's an article talking about how it's a possibility... it actually seems very plausible to me).

Either way... I highly doubt she'll be the same person once she comes back and that both excites me because it means she's finally getting a really big storyline of her own, but it also scares me a lot because who knows what she'll end up as and if she'll still be the same underneath.

It's going to be a long summer, is what I'm saying

Last edited by indigo sunrise; 05-18-2015 at 03:12 AM
Old 05-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
My biggest fear is that they'll pull an Illyria with her, she's my favourite character and I would hate it so much if she were to become someone else entirely. I've read some great theories around the internet though, the possibilities are almost endless and that's also very scary I wish we at least knew a little more about what this stone does, besides that its purpose is to combat Inhumans.
Yeah, that's the most difficult part, that it's so unknown.

Quote:
A popular theory is that Jemma will become a sort of 'Inhuman slayer' as it were, and that does have some interesting potential, especially if she's still herself underneath all of that.
One thing I don't like about this theory is that it could put her at odds with Skye. And with Skye being arguably the central character in the show, that could make Simmons the bad guy in some way. I also don't like the idea that such a change could force Simmons to do something she doesn't want to do.

Quote:
Another theory is that the stone is more of a gateway to somewhere (lots of people think it's a soul stone or another kind of infinity stone) and that Jemma might be in some other place and that it would be possible that once they get her out, much more time has passed for her and that she'll be changed because of that, but not necessarily changed in the literal sense.
I'm a bit better with this theory, depending on where she ends up and what happens to her exactly. One thing that Jeffrey Bell has said is that the show won't pick up exactly where it left off, that there's going to be some sort of time gap to the beginning of S3, "whether it's a week or a month or a few months." The question will be, whether the same amount of time passes from Simmons perspective. The thought that Fitz and the rest of her friends will be left wondering for weeks or months what happened to her and whether she's even alive stresses me out.

Quote:
Another popular theory, mostly thanks to the goo-y appearance of the rock in liquid form, is that she might be Venom when she returns (here's an article talking about how it's a possibility... it actually seems very plausible to me).
I think this is unlikely. That said, it could be something like Venom without actually being Venom.

Quote:
Either way... I highly doubt she'll be the same person once she comes back and that both excites me because it means she's finally getting a really big storyline of her own, but it also scares me a lot because who knows what she'll end up as and if she'll still be the same underneath.
My best case: she comes back as the same person, no new powers, but she'll learn something in the experience that will be important to the arc in S3.

Quote:
It's going to be a long summer, is what I'm saying
The one good thing about the cliffhanger and the wait is that it's going to launch a lot of fanfics and people try out different theories. They already started the day after the finale, and I expect them to get longer and more elaborate over the coming weeks.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm enjoying all the theories surrounding Jemma's storyline.

I do hope she doesn't become a slayer of sorts, but I'm sure that much of season 3 will tie into the upcoming Captain America (specially if they're going to deal with inhumans becoming agents). It would make sense if that was the case. But again, I do hope that isn't the case. I had enough of Jemma's (will she/won't she) when it came to her reactions to Skye's change and inhumans in general.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)
I do hope she doesn't become a slayer of sorts, but I'm sure that much of season 3 will tie into the upcoming Captain America (specially if they're going to deal with inhumans becoming agents). It would make sense if that was the case. But again, I do hope that isn't the case. I had enough of Jemma's (will she/won't she) when it came to her reactions to Skye's change and inhumans in general.
I wouldn't taken it as a given that AoS S3 is going to tie into Captain America: Civil War that tightly. The connections between AoS S2 and Avengers; Age of Ultron were there, but not nearly as tightly coupled as S1 and Winter Soldier.

That said, I do feel like the argument between Fitz and Simmons over people with powers and Inhumans was not really resolved in S2. I expect some aspect of that is going to carry over into S3.