Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

See, I didn't see it that way. I always felt that Fitz was still sore about how she treated him and then left after their debacle in the ocean. He didn't know why she left, he just felt that she abandoned him. I think he carried that for most of the season and I believe that his feelings on that situation bled into her initial reaction to Skye.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I think with Fitz there were two things going on ... one, he's just really loyal and so he was prepared to support Skye no matter what, and two, that he personally related to Skye's situation, in particular in how Simmons reacted to it.

But I think for Simmons, there was a genuine fear of aliens and superpowers that had nothing to do with Fitz* that wasn't really resolved. She never really had the moment I was expecting where she realized that even with powers, people are still people. The closest she really got was something like when she gave Skye that dancing hula girl from her van ... it was one of the only instances where Simmons interacted with Skye where it wasn't about her new powers, it was just about being Skye's friend.

I feel like, even though Fitz and Simmons stopped fighting about that when SHIELD 2.0 attacked the Playground, there's still something unresolved about their different attitudes towards powered people. Even when they were getting along, Fitz offered to help Simmons Index the Inhumans even though he clearly didn't want to, because his concern about Simmons wellbeing when she went to Afterlife was more important than his distaste for the Index.

* - It may have had something to do with Fitz in the sense that she she had a general fear of her friends getting hurt or killed. But what happened to him really had nothing to do with powers or anything alien.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If they're going down the route of Jemma turning into something to potentially combat Inhumans, it would make sense with what she's already been through this past season. They could play it in a way that the stone recognised something in her and that's why it 'chose' her, and I think it could lead to some really interesting scenes especially if she is still herself underneath her new mission so to say - she'll still care about Skye but also have this big conflict of knowing she's part of what she's meant to eradicate.

On the other hand, there have been theories that the stone only turns liquid when Inhumans are around - while I don't think Jemma is Inhuman she could be something, the Chitauri virus could have had more lasting effects on her for all we know, or something else like that. It would also be really interesting to give the one character who was most vocal about being against powered people (even though I don't think this was really true anymore by the end of the season) gain powers of her own. It would also make sense to have someone else from the team gain powers, cause if Skye is mostly going to be dealing with her new team of powered people, it would be great if they wouldn't all have to be new characters.

That said, I'm fully prepared for us to speculate all summer, and then still have our minds blown cause it'll be something nobody saw coming
Old 05-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If they're going down the route of Jemma turning into something to potentially combat Inhumans, it would make sense with what she's already been through this past season. They could play it in a way that the stone recognised something in her and that's why it 'chose' her, and I think it could lead to some really interesting scenes especially if she is still herself underneath her new mission so to say - she'll still care about Skye but also have this big conflict of knowing she's part of what she's meant to eradicate.
Oh, I like this idea very much.

I really am a sucker for good characters turning into antagonists for a spell, so Simmons having that kind of inner conflict is right up my alley. As long as it isn't permanent.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Dark Willow / Dark Gemma, right?
I think I also like that idea There has been some underlying tension between Simmons and Skye. The Inhuman story line is probably far from over (especially since that rock thing that swallowed Simmons is still in play), so I can see something like that happen.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really am a sucker for good characters turning into antagonists for a spell, so Simmons having that kind of inner conflict is right up my alley. As long as it isn't permanent.
Same, but that last bit is really important I'd LOVE a dark!Jemma storyline, as long as it gets resolved at some point and she's not permanently 'evil'.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Without going back and watching the last few eps, I'm not sure that the stone turns to liquid only when Inhumans are around. I have a feeling it's done it before when they weren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
It would also make sense to have someone else from the team gain powers, cause if Skye is mostly going to be dealing with her new team of powered people, it would be great if they wouldn't all have to be new characters.
I think, although they have incorporated more powered people to the show as the series has gone on, they're still doing it sparingly. I expect that most of the regulars will stay human without powers, and it will be the people that they help or fight that will have the powers.

One reason I think this is that having powers generally involves fancy special effects that can eat up the budget of a TV series. Another is that it's tricky mixing powered people with regular humans, because the regular humans tend to get sidelined - a bit like BtVS, where Xander would get sidelined as he was the only one in the group without a supernatural power of some sort.

I also get the impression from various articles since the finale that although there will be an element of Secret Warriors in the show, it's not like the series is suddenly going to just focus on powered people at the expense of regular human SHIELD agents that have been the core of the show so far. Although SHIELD does help people with superpowers, and in some cases recruit them, SHIELD's place in the Marvel universe is generally where regular humans go to help protect the world through numbers and intelligence, rather than through superpowers.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Some really good theories about what might have happened to Jemma. The alternate reality (#5) one is probably my favorite.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oohhh, very interesting. I like #5 too, but I think it would probably take up too much time to really explore on the show. I also like #6, if only for the possibility of having Jemma meet Peggy Carter and having her fangirl over her out of all of those, I still think something along the lines of #7 is probably most likely to happen (which also makes me think it won't be that...)
Old 05-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not convinced the rock/Simmons will end up being a weapon against Inhumans. Seems too obvious. Number 5 or 6 could be interesting for an episode or two. More than that and I think it would get old pretty fast, not to mention take up too much screentime.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like it would be fun to bring this back. I know we haven't gotten all that much new info, but we've had a lot more time to think about theories like how Jemma is DEFINITELY keeping her eyebrows no matter what
Old 07-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

YESH JEMMA WILL KEEP THE EYEBROWS. And possibly Ward being the head of the Hydra initiative We've also talked about Luke/Lincoln possibly being Thomas Ward. I don't recall other speculations we've had.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

My semi-serious speculation is that Jemma comes back as a pod person.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nooooo that would break my heart but yeah I could see something like that happening. It would be pretty cruel especially cause all through s2, so many people were so sure that it would turn out that Jemma was brainwashed by Hydra, so to have everyone be relieved that that didn't happen only to have her sort of be brainwashed by this rock thing.....
Old 07-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

I just hope her personality is in tact. Why did they do this to us!!!