Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Grey's focusses more on the lives than the cases & isn't really in the ER that much as the doctors are from different departments so it jumps around
Quote:
I can't wait to watch the first episode of S4, it's the one the NBC aired LIVE. It wasn't already filmed, it was like theatre three hours later they had to do it again for the other Coast
wow that's really cool & don't think I knew that they did that. That's amazing
Quote:
Yeah. It's incredible when you think at the fact that now if a show gets five seasons is already huge, because audience gets bored very easily.
Exactly. I'm a little meh about NCIS LA reaching it because I just think look at where it came from (JAG & NCIS) & where they are at - it isn't that big of a deal. But at least with that it isn't really as it is known format so of course it works. When a show which isn't a spin off or remake reaches 5 seasons then it is more amazing but now it probably is amazing just to reach 2 seasons so go Smash for accomplishing that much

I agree with your reasons too

Quote:
SVU and CPD already crossovered
I know & they are planning more & I just don't understand it. They aren't in the same city so why do they need to keep crossing over? It is fun for one off things or once & a while but not constantly. Especially if you don't watch both or all three shows (although I don't know that all three have crossed over, just that SVU did with CPD & that CF & CPD do). Only two of the shows air in Australia so far so it isn't like we can even see it when it does cross over into CPD, well legally anyway . The channel that airs SVU cut out the end of the SVU episode when one of the CPD cops came in & spoke to Olivia presumably because it wouldn't have made sense to Aussie viewers & wasn't necessary for us to see

Quote:
Oh so Delta is a judge, there? Is she Australian?
Yeah she is. She used to be on the normal version of the The Voice here for the first two seasons but this year she is only doing the kids version (which just started this year). She is Australian but lives in the US - although most of her music only gets released here lately

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
that's really cool & don't think I knew that they did that. That's amazing
Yeah in the episode plot there's a tv that has to film a documentary about the ER - in reality it was the NBC team who filmed the episode so cool! I wonder how they managed not to forgot the lines of the emergency scenes, with all those medical words
Oh, once Quentin Tarantino directed an episode

They also did a season with several episodes set in Congo, with war and violence. Difficult episodes. I think this show had the perfect mix of drama and comedy, fiction and reality

Quote:
but now it probably is amazing just to reach 2 seasons so go Smash for accomplishing that much
Yeah, but it's always sad to think at the early enthusiasm and the great premises...and we had two seasons only. We were even lucky to get it aired fully and not abruptly canceled and pulled from the schedule (like they did with SSTW(

Quote:
The channel that airs SVU cut out the end of the SVU episode when one of the CPD cops came in & spoke to Olivia presumably because it wouldn't have made sense to Aussie viewers & wasn't necessary for us to see
I guess it was the episode around the CPD one, where there were two SVU characters helping the CPD team to solve a case.

Quote:
She used to be on the normal version of the The Voice here for the first two seasons but this year she is only doing the kids version (which just started this year)
There's even a kids version of that reality? Oh well but here there are two competitions with kids too and I don't like the idea, mostly because they end up singing songs with too adult lyrics and it's weird.

I've a Delta cd it was because I liked Lost Without You, so I bought the whole album. It was eleven years ago, oh well

Old 07-25-2014, 04:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
I wonder how they managed not to forgot the lines of the emergency scenes, with all those medical words
Yes that would have been hard . I'm sure they would have struggled, probably even memorised their lines for longer than usual just to make sure they didn't. Sounds like an interesting episode

I think ER is one of those shows that you couldn't do again even if you tried as you could never match the original & it has already been done so won't be as amazing as it was the first time

Quote:
I think this show had the perfect mix of drama and comedy, fiction and reality
Signs of a good show . That's how I'd describe NCIS although ER possibly has more seriousness to it than NCIS does

Quote:
Yeah, but it's always sad to think at the early enthusiasm and the great premises...and we had two seasons only. We were even lucky to get it aired fully and not abruptly canceled and pulled from the schedule (like they did with SSTW(
It all depends on how you want to look at it. We were lucky to get two seasons, we were lucky to have all episodes air, & we were lucky enough to have some closure. There is a lot of wasted & loss potential & a lot of sadness but we did have some luck & goodness too

Quote:
I guess it was the episode around the CPD one, where there were two SVU characters helping the CPD team to solve a case.
That's the one. Sophia Bush was in SVU for a few minutes to ask Olivia for help which was cut out of the episode when it aired here & since we don't have CPD yet we don't have them going to help out either

Quote:
There's even a kids version of that reality? Oh well but here there are two competitions with kids too and I don't like the idea, mostly because they end up singing songs with too adult lyrics and it's weird.
The US did a season of it too, I don't understand it or feel it is necessary but I'll watch just about anything if it means Delta is on my screen . I don't know that there is a need for children to be put through a competition yet on the other hand they are clearly looking after the children or at least from what they've shown which is good. They also have picked good judges who always try to put positives out there & try to make the children feel good even when they aren't picked or get eliminated. I don't like it when they end up singing songs with too adult songs either

Quote:
I've a Delta cd it was because I liked Lost Without You, so I bought the whole album. It was eleven years ago, oh well
What do you think of the rest of the album? Do you still like Lost Without You? Innocent Eyes was her first album & that was back when they were released worldwide . She released an acoustic version of Innocent Eyes last year to celebrate it being ten years since the album was first released (I think she was bored ) so if you ever want to listen to another version of LWY let me know as I'm pretty sure I can find a video of it for you (unless it has been region blocked since it first went up)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Sounds like an interesting episode
I'll let you know when I see it

Quote:
I think ER is one of those shows that you couldn't do again even if you tried as you could never match the original & it has already been done so won't be as amazing as it was the first time
Yeah, now every "serious" medical show gets compared to it (and fail ). Here it was a big success too, always on primetime. I used to wait every year for the first "news" on the tv newspapers and, of course, for the episodes, every week. They should do a reunion event, someday.

Quote:
There is a lot of wasted & loss potential & a lot of sadness but we did have some luck & goodness too
Yeah, I guess I just can't help but missing it.

Quote:
which was cut out of the episode when it aired here & since we don't have CPD yet we don't have them going to help out either
But when CPD arrives there, could that be a problem? When the stories are mixed it's difficult to edit without affecting the show.

Quote:
I don't know that there is a need for children to be put through a competition yet on the other hand they are clearly looking after the children or at least from what they've shown which is good. They also have picked good judges who always try to put positives out there & try to make the children feel good even when they aren't picked or get eliminated.
Once a girl I know (a teenager, then) went to auditions for a show like that, but the other kids she met were crazy like they believed to be so good that they didn't need lessons or things like that. That's also the thing I don't like of these singing contests/realities: the idea that you don't need to study and be prepared to sing and become famous, because you can win a talent show and become famous even without working seriously.

Quote:
What do you think of the rest of the album? Do you still like Lost Without You? Innocent Eyes was her first album & that was back when they were released worldwide .
I still like it, yeah although it's been years since I listened to the album I remember that I liked also My Big Mistake and Will You Fall For Me. I don't remember the other songs but I liked her smooth, sweet voice

Quote:
(I think she was bored )
Oh, the best of being bored for a singer is an album of remixes Delta at least did something a little different

Quote:
so if you ever want to listen to another version of LWY let me know as I'm pretty sure I can find a video of it for you
It would be nice, thank you

Old 07-26-2014, 03:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Ok looking forward to reading your thoughts when you do

Quote:
Yeah, now every "serious" medical show gets compared to it (and fail ).
Pretty much, which is fair but they do it with all genres. The Secret Circle got compared to Charmed just because they were both about witches for example. When you start comparing shows then you're likely to be disappointed which isn't fair on the new show

Quote:
They should do a reunion event, someday.
Hopefully they do. It might be too soon currently though

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I just can't help but missing it.
I can't either. I just like to hold onto the positives as it seems to make it easier for me

Quote:
But when CPD arrives there, could that be a problem?
It could be, especially since the channels here don't always have the rights to all the shows by the same person or in the same universe. Most of the Law & Orders have been on the same channel but another channel airs CF so I presume they will get the rights to CPD. I would be surprised if they just skipped any episode connected to SVU

Quote:
That's also the thing I don't like of these singing contests/realities: the idea that you don't need to study and be prepared to sing and become famous, because you can win a talent show and become famous even without working seriously.
I don't like that either. You get it from any kind, children or adults. Some people seem to think that winning will make them a star which is silly. It isn't about winning it is what you do after. If you aren't prepared to do the work after then you won't get very far. You don't have to win as just being on the show will get you exposure so if you use that exposure after you might get somewhere. Then you can be a star for a while & then lose that status when the next "big thing" comes along too

Quote:
Oh, the best of being bored for a singer is an album of remixes Delta at least did something a little different
Very true what she did was amazing as it had both videos & the songs & a behind the scenes video from the creation of the album

Quote:
It would be nice, thank you
Here you go hopefully it works & isn't region blocked

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
When you start comparing shows then you're likely to be disappointed which isn't fair on the new show
Yeah, with Nikita it happened the same.

Quote:
I would be surprised if they just skipped any episode connected to SVU
They could broadcast reruns including the cut scenes.

Quote:
If you aren't prepared to do the work after then you won't get very far. You don't have to win as just being on the show will get you exposure so if you use that exposure after you might get somewhere. Then you can be a star for a while & then lose that status when the next "big thing" comes along too
Yeah. Often all those winners desappear, after few years. Also working before the "success" is important, especially as a singer. You can hurt yourself if you're not trained and even if the computer can correct the voice, that can't happen live. The "I don't need classes" is a very common thing, lately.

Quote:
hopefully it works & isn't region blocked
It works, thank you I like it! I always like acoustic versions of the songs. I'll look for the other two I liked of the original album, then

Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey everyone Sorry I was MIA for a while, I went on vacation with super slow internet but now I'm back

I agree with what you're saying about reality singing shows (even though I watch basically every single one of them ). I think the exposure is good and they're a good platform to launch a career but it all counts on what you do afterwards and the kind of songs you have and the kind of artist that you are. I don't like it when really young people audition for these shows cause it's like ... yeah you've got the voice but you're standing there singing about a broken heart and all I can do is roll my eyes. I think you have to know what kind of artist you are in order to succeed, you have to have your sound.

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-27-2014, 04:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
They could broadcast reruns including the cut scenes.
True, but that'll depend on which channel airs it. If it isn't on the same one which airs SVU then I wouldn't be surprised if they were just cut

Quote:
You can hurt yourself if you're not trained and even if the computer can correct the voice, that can't happen live. The "I don't need classes" is a very common thing, lately.
Exactly, I agree with all of this. Some people might have natural talent but getting some lessons doesn't hurt even if you do. Put in the effort to work hard to reach your dreams - it shows you actually want to reach them

Quote:
I like it! I always like acoustic versions of the songs. I'll look for the other two I liked of the original album, then
I'm glad it works & you like it . I love that too. There are some which aren't changed that much but still really interesting to see what she did with the songs & acoustic versions of songs are fun . Let me know what you think of them too, & if you need help finding them

Sheida did you have a good holiday?

Quote:
yeah you've got the voice but you're standing there singing about a broken heart and all I can do is roll my eyes
Yes - this is exactly how I feel. Two of the contestants sang Roar for their audition & it just didn't feel right to me. I don't see how the children can really understand the song & it didn't work for me in my mind seeing children singing this song. Sure Katy Perry has worse songs they could have sung & you can take other meanings from the song other than what she wrote it from but it just didn't sit right for me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
If it isn't on the same one which airs SVU then I wouldn't be surprised if they were just cut
They couldn't do that with Chicago Fire, instead. That's too much expecially on S2

Quote:
I love that too. There are some which aren't changed that much but still really interesting to see what she did with the songs & acoustic versions of songs are fun
My Big Mistake has a different rhythm for the chorus, I noticed it immediately they're all on YT anyway, it's easy to find them.
The young choir for Will You Fall For Me is nice, but I like the original version more.

Quote:
Sure Katy Perry has worse songs they could have sung & you can take other meanings from the song other than what she wrote it from but it just didn't sit right for me
There's plenty of songs for kids, I wonder why they can't sing those, instead.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I have a feeling that if we get CPD it'd be on the same channel as CF is on since they have ties. Otherwise they just wouldn't be able to cut things out. But then again S2 is airing now so maybe they are cutting things. I couldn't stay up to watch it so no idea

Quote:
they're all on YT anyway, it's easy to find them
That's what I figured

Quote:
My Big Mistake has a different rhythm for the chorus
The young choir for Will You Fall For Me is nice, but I like the original version more.
Yeah it is one of the songs which had changes . I really like that version more than the original.
The choir is an interesting touch but not a huge fan of it in WYFFM, I prefer the original version more too

Quote:
There's plenty of songs for kids, I wonder why they can't sing those, instead.
No idea

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everywhere I go there's talk of Chicago PD and Chicago Fire. I'm so tempted to start watching both shows even though I checked out both pilots and wasn't super impressed I'm so easy to tempt into watching new shows

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
But then again S2 is airing now so maybe they are cutting things. I couldn't stay up to watch it so no idea
I heard that the second season of CF is full of CPD stuff, it's almost more CPD than CF

Quote:
I prefer the original version more too
Same it's a sweet song, the kids are weird

Quote:
I'm so tempted to start watching both shows even though I checked out both pilots and wasn't super impressed
I got interested in CPD because of Sophia Bush and now watching CF I found out why Voight ended up in prison, so :lol but I started CF only because of CPD, so the contrary of the normal people

Old 07-29-2014, 03:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The kids are weird

I watched the first season of CF but haven't seen any of the second season. It was ok but I don't really care that I'm not watching it anymore so it wasn't that good that I feel in love with it. I think I'd prefer CPD but it probably helps to watch both shows since they keep having crossovers

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Oh, I'm not "in love" with CF either. I like CPD more. But at least now I can know better the CF characters when they appear on CPD

Question: since where you live is winter, no one goes on holiday these months, right? Like in the other emisphere happens when it's summer (so now).

Old 07-29-2014, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi guys, I'm back and going to be on more often now.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga