Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

He tweets in advance only for holidays

https://twitter.com/andymientus/stat...49557199433728

I really have no idea about how many years these Broadway big productions keep an actor. Some stay years, some just few months.

Quote:
If I go to see Les Mis that's what I'll do too, but for now I'll just think of him each time I see an ad for it
If I saw it, I'd hope so bad to see him! Not because the alternate or the understudy aren't good (I'm sure they are), but because it would be awesome to see him live after Smash and I wouldn't have a lot of chances to see him.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe it is up to the actor how long they stay on? No idea

I like that he tweeted his absences , very handy for his fans in the US

Quote:
If I saw it, I'd hope so bad to see him! Not because the alternate or the understudy aren't good (I'm sure they are), but because it would be awesome to see him live after Smash and I wouldn't have a lot of chances to see him.
Very good points. If I had the chance to go to anything any of the cast was in I'd want to be able to see that actor. I think even more so since I'd have to travel to the US for it to happen or it must be a rare treat that they've come to Aust.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I think even more so since I'd have to travel to the US for it to happen or it must be a rare treat that they've come to Aust.
And a trip to the US is not exactly cheap, for us! About the second thing you say...in my country they never come, so

Old 09-09-2014, 02:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly

I don't know that anyone from Smash would ever come here, not something I'd hold my breath over & I'd probably die of shock if they did. Kat maybe, if she did a world tour for one of her albums actually, but doubt any others would. For you though, that'd be even rarer/unlikely

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

He replied to this tweet about the Smash's calendar

https://twitter.com/andymientus/stat...07778391220225

Old 10-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

hehe I like that & nice pic on the calendar too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I didn't buy that calendar because I had already another one. But I like that they made it

Old 10-03-2014, 02:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Same

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

https://twitter.com/Michael_Mott/sta...66133924261888

Old 10-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I like that, it is cute

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

He looks cute with Mickey Mouse hat by the way all the pics he's posting on Instagram are funny

http://instagram.com/p/toH6XyjlP8/

A video interview with Broadway.com. It's quite long, first he talks about Les Miz, then about his fiancèe and the proposal, then about Spring Awakening and the friendship with Krysta and Jeremy. Around 16:50 he talks about SMASH too, about Kyle's death and the fact that everyone wants to know what hit him
He says also that he doesn't think that Hit List is better than Bombshell, but HL is the show he'd be more in and which showtunes are the best to put on at full blast in the car
He also jokes about the fact that he won a Tony for the book of HL, even when the book was the biggest problem of HL at the beginning.

Broadway Videos | Interviews, Reviews, and Popular Channels Les Miz Star Andy Mientus on Girlfriends, Boyfriends, Smash Friends and Being a Broadway Super Fan | Videos | Broadway.com

Old 10-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Great news for Andy! He's going to play a villain in The Flash. The show premiered this week and it did awesome ratings, the best pilot in the last five years for the CW (and it wasn't exactly a premiere, because it was available as preair last month).

Quote:
The Flash Casts Smash Alum to Play Gay DC Comics Villain Pied Piper

Here’s a piece of casting news that’s sure to make some noise: Smash vet Andy Mientus is joining The Flash as hearing impaired (and openly gay) DC Comics villain Pied Piper (AKA Hartley Rathaway), TVLine has learned exclusively.

One of DC’s original Rogues, Hartley is a bona fide genius who used to work at S.T.A.R. Labs until a falling out with his mentor, Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh). The particle accelerator robbed Hartley of his hearing, but inspired him to create a series of sonic weapons that he uses in an effort to punish Wells by destroying his new protege: The Flash.

Pied Piper is one of the few openly gay villains in the DC Universe, and I’m told The Flash will not be shying away from that aspect of the character.

Mientus, who is currently starring in the Broadway revival of Les Misérables, is set to appear in Flash‘s 11th and 12th episodes.

The Flash this week debuted to 4.8 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, making it The CW’s most watched and highest rated series launch in five years.
source

I didn't know there was a gay superhero! Usually they're all very straight (even too much). Cool!

The news also here
Marius Gone Bad: Andy Mientus Will Play Gay Comic Book Villain on The Flash | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com
Andy Mientus Cast As Pied Piper On The Flash | Comicbook.com

https://twitter.com/andymientus/stat...90793970737152

Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love The Flash and I love the Pied Piper and I LOVE ANDY so I'm just extremely excited by this news

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 10-10-2014, 03:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's amazing news I haven't seen the backdoor pilot for The Flash yet so don't know if I want to watch it (presuming it comes here) but still wonderful for Andy to have that role

Quote:
I didn't know there was a gay superhero! Usually they're all very straight (even too much). Cool!
There's a couple of them, it just is more subtle & most likely minor characters. The show Arrow turned Black Canary at least bisexual if not gay (or at least I'm pretty sure that the comic was straight), so I'm not surprised that The Flash is going to keep the gay part in for Pied Piper. As far as I know when it comes to homosexuality in comics that sort of thing was censored out, so it is only a more new thing that they've been able to add it in. I don't know much about comics though, so could be wrong. I just know that was what happened with the X-Men characters Mystique & Destiny who were meant to be a couple

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I won't watch because I'm not interested, but it's cool that he got the role! But I wonder...each episode usually takes 10 days to shoot, he'll be in two eps...so he won't be in les Mis for at least two weeks!

Quote:
The show Arrow turned Black Canary at least bisexual if not gay
She was bisex, there, because we saw her both with oliver and Nyssa.

Quote:
As far as I know when it comes to homosexuality in comics that sort of thing was censored out
I was thinking the same maybe now, since time is changing, there will be more

Speaking of gay and straight...honorable mention to the new Andy's Twitter bio (when he was on Smash he had "I've never been on Broadway, but I won a Tony" or a thing like this), but now:

Often the gay guy who dies, currently the straight guy who lives.

Kyle is always in our hearts once he tweeted something about no one had mentioned how good was he at playing a straight guy