Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks to whoever gave me the link for the caps!

R2Roswell I will thinik of some reasons why I love the Secret Life and thanks for updating everything.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure thing. I was thrilled to open this new thread.

With the loss of 'The 4400' I was bummed that there wasn't gonna be a show I could get super excited about this summer. Glad Brenda Hall changed that

[*Tries thinking of another good song to do a video for*. If anyone has suggestions I will gladly do one]
Emma♥Neal
Old 08-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

82 votes so far! And, of course, we're tied, again. I might end up making campaign avies if I get time. For now, I still have the moments art to update!

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
Old 08-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've just seen the new episode and I was expecting a little more confrontation between Ricky and Amy
Old 08-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I wanted more confrontation between them too but there's only so much they can squeeze in in an hour of tv time (45 min. without the commercials). Definately worth some fanfic material though; something more indepth.
Emma♥Neal
Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay so here is a discussion topic just for kicks:

Let's face it on some level this show touches on a spark of reality. You have all the different types of kids that are in high school so my question to you guys (and I'll answer it myself too later) is this:

Which of the 'Secret Life' character(s) do you relate to and why? It can be one of them or it can be multiple.

Watching the show there's such a diverse group of kids and I can pretty much relate to each of them on some level (my reasoning will come later).

I just thought this would be a fun thing to talk about since we all share the same love for this show and what not.
Emma♥Neal
Old 08-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

** thinking about reasons why we love the show*

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
Yeah I wanted more confrontation between them too but there's only so much they can squeeze in in an hour of tv time (45 min. without the commercials). Definately worth some fanfic material though; something more indepth.
Actually this show tends to not use it's 40+ minutes wisely. For instance, they could have scrapped the Annie/George scene or the Ben's friends come over and talk about having sex in his room scene for more Ricky/Amy.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

The dialog for last weeks episode was weak. The dad and Ricky especially. It sounded so mechanical when George was talking to Amy in the morning and when Ricky was talking to Amy in the living.
...And that living room talk scene, that was so anticlimactic! I was dissapointed.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 08-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

YES! While I'm glad there was finally a confrontation - with all the hype from the promos, the Ricky/Amy scene was kind of anticlimactic for sure. I was really expecting more from it... more backstory on their hook up... etc. While I enjoyed the pace of the episode and appreciated things not being rushed - I think the order of things could have helped some. Maybe if the Ricky/Amy scene came earlier, and then we were to see the fallout of it some bits, develop from that some, it might have been better. Either way, I still enjoyed it - but I'm just sayin'.

malia tate
Old 08-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Im totally voting for it next month
I just started watching it..and it's totally addictive
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Leonie (View Post)
Im totally voting for it next month
I just started watching it..and it's totally addictive
It is very addictive.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Total Fan

CooperBoom, do you like guys named Dan? I loved your last icon and siggy (Dan and Blair!) and now another Dan.

And yes, the show is definitely growing on me... I'm campaigning for it, so I must be very into it.

And I too felt as though the George/Ricky scene was weird, but after rewatching it, I actually felt it was very real... in those types of situations, we never say everything in the best possible way... you know how in real life you get into an argument or someone gets smart with you and its only later that you think "i should have said this"? i felt as though the two didn't really know what to say to each other, so they were saying the first thing to come to mind... which, even though it could have been scripted to be absolute perfection, was even more real in the long run... if that makes sense?

I feel as though they sort of bombed on Ricky a little though. As much as I'm starting to like the boy, I think they didn't give us enough signs of possible remorse before he did his abrupt 180 at his shrinks office. I'm glad he decided to take some responsibility, BUT, if he can change his mind that quickly, he could easily just change his mind that quickly again, ya know?

And I liked the Ricky/Amy scene. He didnt know what the heck he was saying to her, and he didnt know how to handle anything and even though he tried to say that she had never been much of an independent thinker, he still accepted her answers about needing time to take what he'd said into account when making the decisions. I also thought that was very mature on her part too. She didn't immediately slam the door in his face, she was actually willing to listen and think about things.

ok, that post just got entirely too long
Old 08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly. Some of the scenes seem awkward - but then again, when do we ever, in real life, talk without there being awkward moments? The Amy/Ricky scene was believable to me. I still wish they would have went into the whole.. how the sex actually happened...

malia tate
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Total Fan

there's still time! it could happen. that would be excellent! !

aww, look at your siggy joa! its so cute! i love it!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top