Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2015, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I love that too and I'm happy it will come back in June.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Banned

The Fosters’ Adds ‘Maze Runner’ & ‘Nashville’ Actors to Season 3

Old 04-23-2015, 06:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Woah! I do love Colt from Nashville...it'll be nice to see him on The Fosters as well! He's pretty talented.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 05-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Banned

Thanks for the promo:

What's with Jude needing a gun? He wants to feel safe? Safe against want? Are they being targeted by anti-gay people?

WTH with them fostering another kid? Who died? Are they not taking the baby? Do they even have room? I trust Callie's judgment on people and she doesn't seem to like the new boy. So for now I will side with her before I get to watch it.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

No problem.

I still think Jesus will die. You see Mariana standing behind Stef when Stef called out his name. So she is fine.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

i don't think he dies at all, i think that he still goes off to school personally. no one seems that sad if he died. lol

the jonnor scene on the boat

I'm the bad guy.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

What I love about Jonnor is not only did it introduce me to a whole new show I now love (All caught up - Thanks Netflix!), it also shows LGBT youth, questioning youth, or even hetero youth that it's OK to have these feelings. You're not alone and you're normal like everyone else. I myself am 22 years old and gay and growing up, I had strong (sexual) feelings for guys starting at around 12 years old but I never heard much about homosexuality. The norm was hetero, so I ignored them and dated women for a very short period in Jr. high all while just wanting to be with a guy so bad. For me, if I was currently a youth who was figuring himself out, I'd have a sense of clarity that I'll be fine after watching Jonnor. I also like that in both cases, Connor & Jude, it's also telling youth that "if you're gay, you can still be a sports loving guys guys." I know a big reason why youth and questioning people in general do not like to accept their sexuality is bc say they are very masculine and loves sports, etc. "Gay guys are all fairy princess's and that is NOT me." This helps eliminate that fear and shows if you're gay, you can still be you are regardless if that is the masc jock type or the effeminate band lover - Be you! Sexuality doesn't define us; our actions do.

What I wasn't too keen on is the fact that Connor is gay. And he is. At his age, I probably would have came out as bisexual first because I wasn't sure yet, but the fact that he was sure enough to bare that label is proof enough. Anyways, my only issue is I feel like the pairing was a little contrived and only to satisfy fans. From day one, we've known Jude has had more than just friend feelings for Connor and I wish their relationship could have been more explored through his POV bc the signs and hints were always there. Was I the only a little taken back to see Connor initiating the pinky holding at the movies? Had Jude been brave and taken a chance, it would have been cool to see how Connor reacted, especially in mind that they had previously kissed. (Which brings the question of who kissed who first?) Instead, Connor is the one that steps up, but since we already know how Jude feels towards Connor there isn't much of a climax. He's finally getting his feelings returned. I guess I kinda feel like the show fan serviced little too much with Jonnor bc before any of that, the only thing that was apparent was that Connor accepted Jude for who ever he was as his friend but now it appears Connor actually also has feelings for Jude as well. I would have liked to see a little bit more built up or it starting from Jude's side.

Jonnor reminds me a lot of Triles from Degrassi and anyone who is not familiar with the pairing or show I highly recommend checking them out!
Old 05-21-2015, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

i actually love that connor made the first move though because the viewers knew how jude felt, i think that connors feelings were much more a question mark. after all, there were small hints but we didnt really know what happened in the tent etc.

I'm the bad guy.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhin (View Post)
I also like that in both cases, Connor & Jude, it's also telling youth that "if you're gay, you can still be a sports loving guys guys." I know a big reason why youth and questioning people in general do not like to accept their sexuality is bc say they are very masculine and loves sports, etc. "Gay guys are all fairy princess's and that is NOT me." This helps eliminate that fear and shows if you're gay, you can still be you are regardless if that is the masc jock type or the effeminate band lover - Be you! Sexuality doesn't define us; our actions do.
You should see Max from the show Happy Endings. He was the most "non gay" gay man I have ever seen. People often get labeled into roles. Being gay often means liking plays, dancing, fashion, ect.. things that you would mostly find women enjoying. With all of this on tv it can warp a persons mind to what being gay should be like. The same for being a straight man or woman...or anyone for that matter.

Quote:
What I wasn't too keen on is the fact that Connor is gay. And he is. At his age, I probably would have came out as bisexual first because I wasn't sure yet, but the fact that he was sure enough to bare that label is proof enough. Anyways, my only issue is I feel like the pairing was a little contrived and only to satisfy fans.
Right now I am not sure if either of them are gay. This is a new relationship, they are figuring things out. I don't know if they don't like girls because the show makes it unclear. The only thing that is clear now is that they do like each other.

Quote:
I would have liked to see a little bit more built up or it starting from Jude's side.
I would have liked to see that as well. Especially more of Jude talking to his new brothers. It seems that brotherly advise when it comes to Jude gets often overlooked.

Quote:
Jonnor reminds me a lot of Triles from Degrassi and anyone who is not familiar with the pairing or show I highly recommend checking them out!
I disagree because I feel that Miles is using Tristan. That he isn't gay or bi...he just wants someone to care about him. Mile's issues with his father and feeling unloved. I think he just wants to know that someone cares about him. I think he truly still loves Maya.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Being gay often means liking plays, dancing, fashion, ect.. things that you would mostly find women enjoying. With all of this on tv it can warp a persons mind to what being gay should be like. The same for being a straight man or woman...or anyone for that matter.
It's unfortunate. I think when it comes to LGBT character's, the show hires (usually) someone who is actually LGBT and create a character based off them. Not to stereotype, but must (but certainly not all) fit the stereotype of what you listed above which is why we received a character such as Tristan on Degrassi. I don't know how well you follow the actual actors, but let's just say Lyle isn't acting - Tristan is him on a show as a character. They should just call him Lyle. I do credit Riley, however. He was a good example of how not all gay guys are effeminine in nature such as Tristan or even Marco.

Quote:
Right now I am not sure if either of them are gay. This is a new relationship, they are figuring things out. I don't know if they don't like girls because the show makes it unclear. The only thing that is clear now is that they do like each other.
The show makes it clear they are gay without actually confirming it (Well, at least on Jude's side) Connor clearly has had experiences with girls (Daria, for example), but still chose Jude and felt confident enough to tell his dad "I snuck out to see Jude because I am gay." (Paraphrasing) Hell, he even continued seeing Daria just so he'd have an alibi in his father's eyes just so he could continue seeing Jude. Jude, on the other hand, has been hinted to be curious from day one and has never shown much interest in girls, but always has for Connor. I stand by this bc I was in their shoes at that age as well and had I had the chance, I would have experimented with guy friend which would have confirmed what I already knew. People turn anything but heterosexuality into some unknown science when it really isn't that difficult. You, as a hetero male going through puberty at 11-14 years old, I'm sure were starting to explore your sexuality by having thoughts (sometimes sexual) of women and really started noticing them differently than before. It came natural to you and you never doubted in your mind that you were straight. It's the same logic for LGBT members including Connor & Jude. I don't really see Connor as Pan and only liking Jude because they connected; if that was the case he would have at least told his dad he was Bi, but I'm sure compared his feelings for Jude and Daria and realized he wasn't straight nor confused - He was gay.

Quote:
I disagree because I feel that Miles is using Tristan. That he isn't gay or bi...he just wants someone to care about him. Mile's issues with his father and feeling unloved. I think he just wants to know that someone cares about him. I think he truly still loves Maya.
Due to Miles's nature of just wanting love and acceptance, I often suspected Miles's was Pansexual and in the video below, he confirms such (indirectly, at least.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOhv-TNCf-Y

So, I agree with you: He turned to Tristan for love and acceptance. That doesn't mean he doesn't have legit feelings for Tristan or that it was all an act. No, he doesn't (as of right now) love Tristan (which he clearly still loves Maya), but he wasn't using Tristan either. I think their breakup was mainly based on Miles's insecurities with himself. He knew he was a bad guy with issues and that Tristan deserved better. If he truly didn't care, he wouldn't have been so hurt by the intervention or even bothered to try and make it up to Tristan. If you can remember Maya saying she was just confused which Miles replied with: "You're confused?" I think he knew he wasn't gay or even bi, but that the feelings for Tristan were legit and growing which he never felt that way about any other guy before.

Last edited by Xhin; 05-22-2015 at 12:22 PM
Old 05-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's unfortunate. I think when it comes to LGBT character's, the show hires (usually) someone who is actually LGBT and create a character based off them. Not to stereotype, but must (but certainly not all) fit the stereotype of what you listed above which is why we received a character such as Tristan on Degrassi.
Well, it sounds funny to hire someone as a LGBT "professional" I mean we all feel the same things. We are all people and have our fears during our teen years. Any writer as long as they are not small minded, can write for any character.

Quote:
The show makes it clear they are gay without actually confirming it (Well, at least on Jude's side) Connor clearly has had experiences with girls (Daria, for example), but still chose Jude and felt confident enough to tell his dad "I snuck out to see Jude because I am gay." (Paraphrasing) Hell, he even continued seeing Daria just so he'd have an alibi in his father's eyes just so he could continue seeing Jude.
I can see how Connor might be gay but still this is his first realtionship, Right now we don't know how he feels about girls because he has never said it. He did tell is dad that he was gay. Still, some kids don't know that there are other options then just gay and straight out there. They assume one thing because they feel that way about one person.

Quote:
Jude, on the other hand, has been hinted to be curious from day one and has never shown much interest in girls, but always has for Connor. I stand by this bc I was in their shoes at that age as well and had I had the chance, I would have experimented with guy friend which would have confirmed what I already knew.

I think Jude did have some interest in girls. He just like Connor more than he liked them. They connected. That said I do think it would be good for both Jude and Connor to have other friends besides themselves. Right now we have only really seen them with each other or girls that like them. Let's see them with other friends. Just friends.

Quote:
You, as a hetero male going through puberty at 11-14 years old, I'm sure were starting to explore your sexuality by having thoughts (sometimes sexual) of women and really started noticing them differently than before. It came natural to you and you never doubted in your mind that you were straight.
I can't say I doubted it until people taught I was gay because I didn't have a girlfriend. People would think that I was gay because of things I said or did. I mean I do know what clothes look good to me. Not that though, I feel no fear in saying that a man is attractive or not. I mean take Matt Bomer from White Collar. That is a good looking guy. I'm not attracted to him but he is good looking. Girl can say if another girl is hot and nothing but if guys do it he is "gay" all of a sudden.

For me personally it comes down to the kiss. If you can see their face and want to kiss them. Then maybe you are gay, straight, or whatever. I have never looked a guy and said I want to kiss him.

Quote:
If you can remember Maya saying she was just confused which Miles replied with: "You're confused?" I think he knew he wasn't gay or even bi, but that the feelings for Tristan were legit and growing which he never felt that way about any other guy before.
I love Tristan he is a great character. Maybe it is my hate of Miles that I just don't see him liking anyone really. He doesn't even seem to love himself. Until you can love yourself..you will never really love anyone else.

All this talk reminds me of Frankie from Skins. Did you watch that show?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Well, it sounds funny to hire someone as a LGBT "professional" I mean we all feel the same things. We are all people and have our fears during our teen years. Any writer as long as they are not small minded, can write for any character.
I just mean, at least in my opinion, I feel as though LGBT characters get morphed to better fit their actual actor rather than an actor fitting into a character. Riley's actor is a perfect example of LGBT done right. The character was clearly meant to be masculine and "straight acting" thus an actual straight actor was chosen. (Wish he was really gay though!) I can't help, but feel, however, Lyle was hired and they morphed Tristan to better fit him. While I did enjoy Marco, he unfortunately still fit a lot of stereotypes. I guess my main issue is the ignorance when it comes to LGBT. Many people (including show writers) I think go by off of what they know (stereotypes) Remember when Dave studied Tristan for the play, but actually came off rudely stereotypical? He thought he was playing it perfectly. It's that ignorance that makes me sad.

Quote:
I think Jude did have some interest in girls. He just like Connor more than he liked them. They connected.
I was never under the impression of Jude having any interest in girls. At all. Jude reminds me a lot of myself at that age. Knowing I was gay, but feeling the pressure to be straight. Jude, however, isn't pursuing any girls. Myself, I actually did date girls bc I wanted to be "normal" and you can bet I would have just went along with Taylor to fit in. The fact that Jude didn't says a lot. Keep in mind, at their age, you don't look to see if you connect with someone. More so if you think they are cute; if you feel *attracted* to them (sexually as you're entering puberty) Jude is realizing exactly what I did at that age: I was only attracted (and sexually attracted at that) to other boys, not girls.

Quote:
For me personally it comes down to the kiss. If you can see their face and want to kiss them. Then maybe you are gay, straight, or whatever. I have never looked a guy and said I want to kiss him.
Well, it's not so much kissing rather than actual sex. Sexuality boils down to sexual attraction. Whichever gender (or both) you could picture taking home and having a good time with; which (or both) can get you sexually excited the most THAT is what you are. If say a guy loves women and would only date women, but also wouldn't mind a guy for sex; he is bisexual. Even if he would also date men he is still bisexual due to his physical attraction to females. Growing up, I tried to kid myself that I was straight, or at least bi bc even though I knew I had raging sexual feelings for men, I felt emotionally connected to women. I'm gay because never have I ever wanted to get sexual with a woman ever let alone start any sort of life with her. Guys, it's a yes for everything.

Quote:
I love Tristan he is a great character. Maybe it is my hate of Miles that I just don't see him liking anyone really. He doesn't even seem to love himself. Until you can love yourself..you will never really love anyone else.
Touché.

Quote:
All this talk reminds me of Frankie from Skins. Did you watch that show?
No, sorry.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

i agree, i don't think judes ever expressed interest in girls.

I'm the bad guy.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just mean, at least in my opinion, I feel as though LGBT characters get morphed to better fit their actual actor rather than an actor fitting into a character. Riley's actor is a perfect example of LGBT done right. The character was clearly meant to be masculine and "straight acting" thus an actual straight actor was chosen. (Wish he was really gay though!)
Well, what I mean with hiring an LGBT person is that, I hope or at least don't think they would hire someone black, or mexican just because one of their characters are that. It seems silly. Write the character in a simple definition. For example..... let's use Hercules for the tv show. Let's call him strong, with a strong sense or responsiblity. He is a hero always helping people. That is a character. Now just make the small difference that he likes men instead of women. It really doesn't change the basic ideals of who he is. It only changes the small thing of who he is attracted to.

Quote:
(Wish he was really gay though!)
Question, since I don't know any gay people in real life. At least not that I know of. When you learn that a character is straight are you no longer liking them? Like you still find them attractive but any fantasies between you and that character are lost?

I felt that way about Emily from Pretty Little Liars. She is so beautiful, the most beautiful girl in the show. Yet once I knew she was gay.. I lost interest in her. I still find her the most attractive base on beauty but there is nothing for me. She's gay I know that and my mind can't fantasize around that.

Quote:
I was never under the impression of Jude having any interest in girls.
What about that girl that Jude went out with? He only stopped because Connor said that he liked her. He didn't want to step on his friends toes. He also maybe knew that Connor might have been jealous in some sense. He might not have know jealous or her dating Jude or Jude going out with her.

I think Connor had more feelings for Jude at first than Jude had for him. I think Jude had an idea but wasn't really going to label himself. Like Lena said to him once I believe when he was painting his nails. You don't have to label yourself. You are still young.

Quote:
Well, it's not so much kissing rather than actual sex. Sexuality boils down to sexual attraction. Whichever gender (or both) you could picture taking home and having a good time with; which (or both) can get you sexually excited the most THAT is what you are.
Well, going through puberty at first I never really saw a girl and said I just wanted to have sex with her. My first thought was always that I found her attractive and wanted to kiss her and touch her boobs. Sex didn't really enter the mind until a little later when I learned about masturbation and sex. Then yes, I did want to have sex with them. However, look a picture of an attractive man or woman. I like redheads so I could look at a man redhead and woman redhead. Yet, the only person I would want to kiss is the woman. Just her face, no body. So not about sex but about wanting to be romantic with them. Kissing is the first romantic step.

Quote:
I knew I had raging sexual feelings for men, I felt emotionally connected to women. I'm gay because never have I ever wanted to get sexual with a woman ever let alone start any sort of life with her. Guys, it's a yes for everything.
Personally I grew up with all women. All I have been around have been females mostly. I mean when I was born, I was the only male born in the hospital. Surrounded by girls since birth. Then when my mother got married to my (now ex) step-father, he brought with him three daughters. So I grew up with three step-sisters. Then when the divorced, my mom had another child...also a girl which gave me a sister. My father has 3 other children now...all of them girls. I have always been the only male.

So I have always felt emotionally connected to women. I think I understand them as best as any man could.

I have been curious about what being with a man would be like. People have thought I was gay so much I had to wonder myself. Then again I also wonder what being born as girl would be like. Would I still have the same life? How would things be different? I like to ponder these thoughts because as people or different races, sexes, sexual desires, or religions, we should try to ask ourselves the question. What would it be like in their shoes? I try not to judge anyone as long as they do not hurt someone else.

The bottom line is in the end when I see a man who is attractive or a women who is attractive, I still only want to kiss her. To be with her.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top