Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2021, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I take them as entertainment. They tend to go for the ridiculous stunts for cases, which is sometimes fun to watch. And then they take time to flesh out of the characters. Sometimes serious is too much. I don't care if it's not realistic as much because there are those shows out there if you want them.

Yeah, this season has more fire. And still the ridiculous with that motar rock accident scene, and death...

Although it had to real fallout back on the team.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, that's what I get w/ FOX shows bec I noticed that they cope out lot of unrealistic things..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:48 AM
Absolute Fan

another fantastic ep this week, it was great to learn more about Judd and Grace's backstory and how they met and fell in love, they are such a beautiful couple together, I'm so happy they're both ok and that Grace is pregnant

I think this is probably my favourite ep of Lone Star so far
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

At least the last two episodes was so much better when they don't focus on Owen when it should be like that..

is that what you want?

Old 04-21-2021, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i think they have found a better balance so far this season as opposed to the first season. I do not mind Own,

But I am glad they are fleshing out the characters.

It was interesting episode.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I agree plus I felt like they didn't know what to do since the first half was really put me off w/ this show, but at least I hope that it will be continue in second half..

is that what you want?

Old 05-01-2021, 10:10 PM
Absolute Fan

I just watched this week's ep and it was pretty disappointing...after such a great ep last week this week's was very lackluster, nothing important really happened, we got the usual ridiculous case of the week, more attention on Owen's health and Grace trying to come to terms with her injuries from the accident. The ep was more of a filler, nothing substantial really happened, but I did like all the Judd and Grace moments, they are such a beautiful couple and Judd is such a loving and supportive husband and they are again the highlights of the ep for me. But other than the Grace and Judd scenes, the rest of the ep was really meh to me, I think you can skip this ep if you don't care about Owen's health issues and the Grace and Judd drama, like I said before nothing really important happened.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was interesting. Showing how Grace was handling everything. Trying to act like everything was normal. But clearly she was in tremendous pain. The grocery stores scene was painful. And her staying in the car for six hours before calling Tommy.

Showing that she did not recover instantaneously and head back to work, which sometimes television does. Or move ahead a couple of months like they did on 9-1-1 in the aftermath of Maddie and Chin's baby being born.

It was a normal episode. Which is fine with me. Not every show is a massive crisis.

We were seeing Owen clearly still have reentry issues after the fallout of him and Gwen. And now that his son has moved in with his boyfriend.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I just watched this week's ep and it was pretty disappointing...after such a great ep last week this week's was very lackluster, nothing important really happened, we got the usual ridiculous case of the week, more attention on Owen's health and Grace trying to come to terms with her injuries from the accident. The ep was more of a filler, nothing substantial really happened, but I did like all the Judd and Grace moments, they are such a beautiful couple and Judd is such a loving and supportive husband and they are again the highlights of the ep for me. But other than the Grace and Judd scenes, the rest of the ep was really meh to me, I think you can skip this ep if you don't care about Owen's health issues and the Grace and Judd drama, like I said before nothing really important happened.
In my opinion, I felt like and I noticed that they had really focus on Owen more than other characters plus I hate how the creator was like we all diversity, but they hadn't focus on other characters plus we still don't know them that well enough.. Even hell w/ Grace too.. I mean, I felt like they just put the flashback and said we know enough of Judd and Grace then that's it.. I just want to like this show, but it really lack to focus on others, but they gave so many plots for Owen..

is that what you want?

Old 05-03-2021, 04:34 AM
Absolute Fan

yeah the original 9-1-1 show is better at giving each main character their own decent amount of focus, it's not just about Athena or Bobby, Buck, Eddie, Hen, Chimney, Maddie etc they've all had quite a lot of focus on their own backstories and storylines too.
While Lone Star is still mostly about Owen, even though the writers have recently started to pay more attention to the other characters, Marjan had her own ep a while back, and the last few episodes focused quite a lot on Judd and Grace, there has also been a lot of focus on TK, his drug addiction and his relationship with Carlos. Paul had some focus when we learned a bit more about his family in an earlier ep this season, and we also had a bit of backstory with Carlos and his relationship with his dad a while back. Mateo is the only character who hasn't had any proper backstory or storyline yet, even Tommy who is a new character and just joined the show this season has already had more focus than most of the other characters. But even with all these storylines centered around the other characters, most of the storylines still revolve around Owen, I don't know if it's because Owen is the lead character or Rob Lowe is the only well-known actor on the cast, either way I think there's too much focus on Owen and not nearly enough on the other characters. But Lone Star is still a relatively new show that's only in its second season, while the original 911 show is already in its 4th season, so 911 already has a lot more time to develop the characters more, I think Lone Star just needs more time to build these characters and storylines better, hopefully the show will gradually give the other characters more and more focus as the show progresses.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually think it's better than the first season. Yes, there is a focus on Owen. And the beginning of the season since they had the actress playing Gwen for a short time. But they have broadened out the other characters. We have learned more about them.

The major crisis coming back from the break was on Judd and Grace, and we saw how they met and fell in love.

And see them now focused on recovery, especially Grace. Time will tell how the season will finish. And if there is any complications with the pregnancy due to her recent accident.

But we have gotten the other characters have their stories.

But of course we are in a season defined by limitations devoted to what they can shoot. And how many characters can be together, and in what ways...

The season is still in progress. So, time will tell.

I am not down on Owen. I actually like him more this season once they got him away from the overt obsession with his hair, and the cancer plot.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
yeah the original 9-1-1 show is better at giving each main character their own decent amount of focus, it's not just about Athena or Bobby, Buck, Eddie, Hen, Chimney, Maddie etc they've all had quite a lot of focus on their own backstories and storylines too.
While Lone Star is still mostly about Owen, even though the writers have recently started to pay more attention to the other characters, Marjan had her own ep a while back, and the last few episodes focused quite a lot on Judd and Grace, there has also been a lot of focus on TK, his drug addiction and his relationship with Carlos. Paul had some focus when we learned a bit more about his family in an earlier ep this season, and we also had a bit of backstory with Carlos and his relationship with his dad a while back. Mateo is the only character who hasn't had any proper backstory or storyline yet, even Tommy who is a new character and just joined the show this season has already had more focus than most of the other characters. But even with all these storylines centered around the other characters, most of the storylines still revolve around Owen, I don't know if it's because Owen is the lead character or Rob Lowe is the only well-known actor on the cast, either way I think there's too much focus on Owen and not nearly enough on the other characters. But Lone Star is still a relatively new show that's only in its second season, while the original 911 show is already in its 4th season, so 911 already has a lot more time to develop the characters more, I think Lone Star just needs more time to build these characters and storylines better, hopefully the show will gradually give the other characters more and more focus as the show progresses.
Yeah which I hope that it can be better in progress bec they can rely on Owen mainly..

is that what you want?

Old 05-06-2021, 06:10 AM
Absolute Fan

^ honestly I find Judd and Grace and some of the other characters more interesting than Owen, I don't really care that much for Owen's character and his storylines, probably because we have already learned and seen so much about his character and the show focuses too much on him that I have lost some interest in his character.

Anyway I found this week's ep better more interesting than last week, while last week's was more of a filler nothing important really happened, this week we had a really tragic case that really affected Judd and especially Marjan emotionally, which I appreciate, especially with how Marjan had to deal with all the backlash online afterwards, I love how this ep addressed cyber bullying which is a very serious issue in reality. Marjan's storyline is really sad this week, I feel so bad for her, she really did not deserve it, she tried her best but they can't save everyone. I also feel bad for Judd, he has replaced Owen as captain while Owen is on medical leave and I think Judd did a good job, he's a good captain who really led his team well and you can tell that he's very experienced and has great leadership skills, but that tragic accident really affected him too and he felt responsible and as the captain it's understandable, but what happened was not their fault, not everyone can be saved, as first responders they can only save as many people as they can
Old 05-06-2021, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, that's how I feel.. And I can't even remember what happen in last week's episode..

is that what you want?

Old 05-11-2021, 06:52 AM
Absolute Fan

another really good ep this week, I find the whole arson storyline that started with last wesk's ep very interesting, this week was about catching the arsonist, I won't spoil too much in case some haven't watched the ep yet, I'll just say that the arsonist was not who I was expecting and I definitely did not expect what had happened with the firehouse and Tarlos and Charles. I think this is one of the best eps of Lone Star so far and one of my favs.

Also I really appreciate the fact that Lone Star has been doing more and more fire cases in recent eps, both this week and last week's ep involved fire cases and arson, and there were a few other eps earlier this season that also featured fires, it just makes the show more realistic. Sadly I can't say the same about the original 911 show, which doesn't seem to care about realism at all.

Last edited by LindaL100; 05-11-2021 at 07:02 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top