Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2021, 08:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

even though they don't show kids much on the 911 shows does not necessarily mean they would lose the baby, it's going to be a difficult pregnancy without a doubt.
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm sure that they will lose the baby.. I mean, they love drama when it comes to Owen and TK.. Shrug.. I mean, I felt like nothing can go perfect for them.. Beside, they haven't focus on his cancer or TK's addicted.. So they would go to that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

everything you mentioned doesn't really affect the baby storyline, it still doesn't mean they would lose the baby, I think it's still possible for them to have the baby despite how difficult the pregnancy is going to be. We will just have to wait and see...
Old 02-28-2021, 02:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Honestly, I just don't care about baby storyline bec both of them are so boring.. I felt like they got no chemistry.. Plus there is no continuing throughout the episodes and all that.. Plus they always main focus on Owen, not every other characters..

is that what you want?

Old 03-03-2021, 03:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't really care about the baby storyline either, but I am surprised that it was revealed in this week's ep that Owen is not the father of the baby, I wasn't expecting that. I feel bad for Owen, he seemed excited to be a father again and now knowing that the baby isn't his it must be hard for him, it was sad to see him realise he was just the rebound guy and smashed the bowl in the end. It's going to be sad for TK too. I never liked Gwyneth so I don't really care about her character.

As for the show mainly focusing on Owen, well he is the main character afterall so it's understandable he and TK gets the most focus, but sometimes the other characters also have their own episodes that focus on their backstories. I mean last week's ep focused more on Paul's backstory with the appearance of his mum & sister, the ep before focused more on Grace and Judd, and a few weeks ago there was an ep that focused on Marjan, and there has already been quite a lot of focus on the new medical captain who replaced Michelle, and a little bit more on the medical team too. I think Mateo is the only character so far who hasn't gotten his own episode yet, but I'm sure we will learn more about Mateo and his backstory sometime in the future.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm not.. I knew it and it was really pointless plus we don't even have any scene between mother/son, plus they waste her talent to have her as his love interest.. So yawn..

I still say by on what I sa.. Plus they need to stop focusing on their identify since they are more than that.. Shrug..

is that what you want?

Old 03-09-2021, 11:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

it was a really good episode this week, I'm glad we finally have more focus on Carlos, he's one of my fav characters on the show, it's good to learn more about his backstory and his complicated relationship with his father, and I really like his relationship with TK, it was good to see the couple being there for each other and being each other's confidant.

But I'm annoyed they ended the ep with another cliffhanger, I hope Judd and Grace will be ok, they are my favs

Btw am I the only one that just noticed that 911 Lone star is starting to have more realistic cases with more fire cases, while the original 911 show is still so full of outrageous and far-fetched cases? I wonder if both shows are written by different writers, if that's the case then the 911 writers should learn from the Lone Star writers.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree.. I really like how they focus on them plus I read that they will focus more on other characters after since they did shift to focus on Owen/Gywn mainly since I felt like they didn't realized that..

I mean, it made sense that they give us the cliffhanger.. But I'm sure that they would be okay, but I wonder that would it affect on their future to have children??

I felt like this show wasn't mainly focus on fire/med/cops, but more like relationships/friendships?? Not sure if that made sense.. But no, they do have same peoples on same shows..

is that what you want?

Old 03-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm sure Judd and Grace will survive but I'm just worried that the accident would affect their chances of having a baby, it's so sad that this has happened to them when they've just decided to start trying for a baby, I hope the accident won't affect their chances of starting a family.

I just think it's weird that a show about first responders (mainly firefighters) never have cases that actually involves fires, it's just very unrealistic, it's always these ridiculous and far-fetched cases that are so unrealistic. It's only very recently starting from season 2 that 911 Lone Star is starting to have more fire cases, while in all of the 4 seasons of the original 911 show, they've only ever had 1 fire case as far as I can remember, I find that rather ridiculous. But I agree I think the 911 shows are more focused on the characters and people watch these shows mainly for the characters anyway, so I get the feeling the writers don't really care about the cases they write, they can write them as ridiculous as they want because they're not trying to be realistic.

It's very different to Chicago Fire, unlike the 911 writers, I think the CF writers actually care about realism and wanting the show to be a good representation of real-life firefighters, they even have real firefighters working on the show and not just consulting, some firefighters even act on the show, and the writing on CF is generally a lot more authentic and deep and realistic. It's a stark contrast to the 911 shows which seems more light-hearted in comparison.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I mean, one of actor show BTS and Judd still alive, so I'm w/ you about the chance of having baby..

I felt like they didn't know how to written when it comes to fire/cop since I have see other shows who can do better.. Shrug.. I mean, CF, CP and CM did so well and they all well connect unlike w/ 911 and Lone Star..

is that what you want?

Old 03-13-2021, 12:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

yeah I do think the writing on the 'One Chicago' shows are a lot more realistic and authentic.

While I feel like the 911 shows are mainly just for light-hearted entertainment and the cases are not to be taken seriously, it's the characters and their personal storylines on the show that people really watch these shows for.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

9-1-1 definitely does lean on the "sometimes" ridiculous type cases for entertainment value. Although for the original. I feel they are going in a little more family oriented stories this season because they can only do so many big action rescues because of pandemic protocols.

And Lone Star does feel like they are feeling out the characters, and figuring out what they are going to do as a show. So far, I enjoy it a lot more than the first season.

I liked Owen and Gwen and felt the baby storyline made no sense especially when they called the paternity into question. They had supposely been sleeping together for months because of quarantine, and there was no discussion that there was a long term relationship Gwen had back in New York. 15 years in a long time. Why did TK not call them out when he found out especially if he knew the other man like a second father... Until there was a baby. And it's not like Gwen questioned it when she first found out.

And suddenly they do the switch when they realize they have Lisa as a guest star... The storyline did not quite mesh well to make sure Owen could not be the father... I felt for TK.

But boy did they send the show into a hiatus with quite a scene...

It's going to be interesting to see how it goes. And how life threatening it will be...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Honestly, I felt like w/ this show, it was mainly to focus on relationship/friendship than about their jobs unlike the original show 911.. Shurg..

Honestly, I feel like the writers still dunno what to do w/ other beside Owen/TK mainly bec they still focus on them which that's why I notice that lot of fans start to losing their interest this show.. For that, I don't blame them.. It just same old things on Owen that I really don't care about..

Also, they mentioned that they will focus on mother/son, and we didn't get one until last episode when Lisa is leaving.. They just don't know what to do w/ the characters beside Owen/TK and the plots that are stupid so far..

is that what you want?

Old 03-13-2021, 09:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
9-1-1 definitely does lean on the "sometimes" ridiculous type cases for entertainment value. Although for the original.
it's not just sometimes, it's almost ALL the time they have ridiculous and far-fetched cases, I'm not just talking about big cases like an earthquake, I mean even the small cases of the week on the show are so ridiculous and farfetched. Normal realistic cases like actual fires or a car accident have been very rare on these 911 shows, that's my main complaint about the original 911 show, and to a slightly lesser extent Lone Star too. And by lesser extent because lately Lone Star is starting to have more realistic cases like actual fires.

I have heard that some real-life firefighters and other first responders have complained about the 911 shows before about their depictions of first responders on these shows and saying that these 911 shows are very unrealistic and ridiculous and do not portray first responders accurately, they're mainly just entertainment with very little realism, they're like the exact opposite of 'Chicago Fire' which is a lot more realistic and authentic.

Last edited by LindaL100; 03-13-2021 at 09:53 PM
Old 03-14-2021, 09:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah, I heard that too.. That's why I don't blame them even tho I would take CF/CP over 911 shows in both..

is that what you want?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top