Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Josh!! Ryder and Josh are still, hands down, my favourite pairing from any fandom EVER.

I know Nicky always wanted to finish her fic (there is only one more episode left, after all!)...we talked about it when I visited her last summer/we rewatched YA together. I guess it's just a time thing. But I haven't given up hope. (If all else fails, I'll ask her to write it for me as a wedding present someday. )
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Ryder and Josh

Why don't we have a Ryder/Josh thread? I've been wondering about that ever since I joined
Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
For me? German (and Spanish) footballers.

But, I've read some of those, back in the day.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

^ Didn't mean to shock you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou (View Post)
Why don't we have a Ryder/Josh thread? I've been wondering about that ever since I joined
Because it would only consist of posts of me squeeing about them I know we have an "Other Couples" thread where we (Nicole and I, I think?) talked about them a lot
Old 09-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I know Nicky always wanted to finish her fic (there is only one more episode left, after all!)...we talked about it when I visited her last summer/we rewatched YA together. I guess it's just a time thing. But I haven't given up hope. (If all else fails, I'll ask her to write it for me as a wedding present someday. )
Seriously, a few weeks back I found myself thinking 'Man, I would literally pay the writers of either or both continuations to finish their stories' Not even joking, I so would.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Loyal Fan

I was planning on stalking Nicky...camp out outside of her house with a sign *not leaving until you finish writing the last episode*... just kidding ...

anyone interested PM me... ...seriously, just kidding...
Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not as "worried" about Nicky's fics, it is only one more episode, and I know how to stalk her but I'm terribly heartbroken that NB will never be finished. A few years ago it seemed Estee was motivated to finish the series and wrote a handful of episodes, but then she disappeared off the face of the interwebs again I know it happens, and in the end it's "just" a fanfic, and it takes so much time to plot/write/put online...but as a fan I'm still sad about it...
Old 09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, life has a way of getting crazy so it's understandable that ''real life'' stuff will eat up one's time and put fandom stuff on the back burner as you take care of family and work, but still. Bummer. Both continuations were fantastic, each in their own way.

I still stand by my ''Will-Pay-For-Fanfic'' campaign Okay, it wouldn't be a huge sum, but I'd honestly go as far as a 100 dollar Amazon gift card.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Loyal Fan

That's why, nowadays, I only read fanfics that are completed...

As much as I want to say that I would not be emotionally attached to any fanfic, I can't help it...some fanfics are really written well...

I'm more emotionally attached with Nicky's fic than with NB because of Ryder/Josh and Faye/Scout storyline...With NB, I kinda have a feeling that the writers are losing interest with way the last few episodes were written not that it was badly written but rather the way or feel of the last few episodes...I can't even explain it...it could be my own interest in YA waning when I was reading NB...

I can't the find 'Other Couples' thread Is it here in YA forum or on the Couples forum?...I scrolled through 23 pages of YA forum...

Last edited by dareyou; 09-13-2012 at 04:00 AM
Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here is our Other Couples thread

Awww Nicole, how I wish I wrote fanfics, Id gladly take that giftcard

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
I still stand by my ''Will-Pay-For-Fanfic'' campaign Okay, it wouldn't be a huge sum, but I'd honestly go as far as a 100 dollar Amazon gift card.
Well, you could always contact Estee and/or Nicky and try to bribe them?! I approve of the plan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou (View Post)
I'm more emotionally attached with Nicky's fic than with NB because of Ryder/Josh and Faye/Scout storyline...
Yeeeees. *draws a million hearts*

I actually lost interest in NB and never even read the last couple of episodes. I keep meaning to catch up though!

For future reference, all our threads here on the board should hopefully be listed in the Introductions/Board Guide thread
Old 09-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Well, you could always contact Estee and/or Nicky and try to bribe them?! I approve of the plan!!
I would, but I'm too intimidated and I'm afraid it'd be seen as a bribe of sorts.

I always felt a bit more affection for NB personally, but I've enjoyed both of them. They each have their own feel and style. It's kinda neat to have not one, but two continuations to lean on and choose from
Old 09-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Aww, don't be! They're all such nice girls. I'm sure they'd be flattered someone cared so much for what they created

I think we're so blessed to not have one, but two great continuations that both, in very different ways, explore how the show could've progressed. NB is probably a bit more true to the original, I suppose, but I do love Nicky's fic, too, maybe even because they became different/a bit darker etc.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Yep. Not only do we have two continuations, but two well written continuations. To me, the writers of these fics are like ''show runners'' in their own right
Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Loyal Fan

^ you're both right ... we are so lucky we have NB and Nicky's fic...for me, they are a factor why up to now I'm still a YA fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Here is our Other Couples thread
I saw that thread but I thought, since everybody loved Jake's character...I viewed it as literally Jake with every character of the show