Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello all!

I'm Jill, aka YAfanatic aka JaHammer #200 on this lovely thread! I still watch Jake and Ham every chance I get.

I don't think anyone is still here that knows me. I'm actually shocked this forum is still here! I was reminiscing about YA and thought I'd check.

Even scarier, I remembered my username and password. lol anyway....

It's awesome that you all have kept the Young Americans board alive!
This was my home on the net from the time the show ended through 2005.
I have so many great memories with people from this board. Especially the First YA gathering in Havre de Grace, Maryland.

I'm rambling, I'm so excited this board is still here=)
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Hey there Jill!! I think I vaguely remember your name from way back in the day! So good to see you back here! We've had our rough patches, but we've always pulled through and kept this lovely little board around for all this time - don't ask me how though
Old 08-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

hey wolkenfuehlen! Sorry, I tried to respond sooner but the site wasn't loading for me. It's nice to be even vaguely remembered, so thanks! lol

I was trying to think of my favorite Jake and Ham scene today so I can stay on topic. There are so many good ones! I think my all time favorite is when they go into the restroom at the Cotillion and Jake confesses that she's a girl. It was hilarious! And also relieving that she finally told him.

JaHammer #200
Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Loyal Fan

my all time fave still is the roof top...it has sweetness and ickiness factor in one scene...
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey there Jill I'm Sheida and it's so great to see you return here

I dunno what my favorite is, I guess right now I'm only thinking of the kiss in her room after their fight? I have no idea what episode it's from but it's a real sweet scene

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 08-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

hey Sheida I believe you're referring to the kiss after the Cotillion scene. Also one of my favorites!

dareyou - I can never remember the rooftop scene all that well because I've seen both Pilot episodes lol, so I confuse the two. I need to watch my episodes again.

JaHammer #200
Old 08-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Come to think of it, maybe you're talking about the fight they had about Hamilton moving to Jake's room. Yikes, I really need to rewatch YA so I know my stuff again!

JaHammer #200
Old 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I ... honestly don't remember, I think she's wearing shorts or something in the scene? I think it's the one after the cotillion, where Hamilton goes to her room

Old 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I ... honestly don't remember, I think she's wearing shorts or something in the scene? I think it's the one after the cotillion, where Hamilton goes to her room

Old 08-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

I think there isn't a Jahammer scene that I don't love One of my favourites will always be their first scene in Winning isn't Everything, when Ham first sees her in that adorable pink dress and the goodbye scene! So good

Jill, hope you get to watch it again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou (View Post)
my all time fave still is the roof top...it has sweetness and ickiness factor in one scene...
Ha, what a perfect summary!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Sheida,

The J-H kiss after their fight is in episode 7. You really should re-watch occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAfanatic (View Post)
This was my home on the net from the time the show ended through 2005. I have so many great memories with people from this board. Especially the First YA gathering in Havre de Grace, Maryland.
YAfanatic,

I'd love to hear about the first gathering. Although I watched YA in 2000, when it aired in the USA, I didn't record it, and so was able to really sink my teeth into it in 2009, when I stumbled across it on YouTube.

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-22-2012 at 11:37 PM
Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

I figured she meant the kiss scene in the Cotillion episode, in the morning.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan (View Post)

YAfanatic,

I'd love to hear about the first gathering. Although I watched YA in 2000, when it aired in the USA, I didn't record it, and so was able to really sink my teeth into it in 2009, when I stumbled across it on YouTube.
I've been trying to dust off those memories since I first visited the board again, even though I'm only 29.. it's not that easy! haha. I do remember that it was 2001. And I'm pretty sure it was July.

I'm gonna scan my pictures from the trip. Can anyone tell me if it's okay to post them in here, or do I start a new thread? I'm not familiar with the rules on here anymore.
Thanks!

JaHammer #200
Old 08-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Wasn't there even a website about the gathering(s) waaay back in the day? On Nelle's domain, if I recall correctly? I was always so jealous seeing those pictures of you all

Hmm, we don't have a thread for the gatherings anymore...probably best to post them here!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Loyal Fan

YAfanatic,

I look forward to seeing your photos of the first gathering, which Anja suggests you post on this board's unused-for-four-years "YA crowd" thread.

I've been to Havre de Grace. Even found "Krudski's house." But much of YA is shot is Baltimore -- the Locust Point neighborhood downtown, and the northern suburbs -- and those I haven't toured yet.