Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Agree with you, Wes, about Bates/Anna. Now if they'd only let them be happy.
Doesn't sound like it.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:12 PM
New Fan

Anna reached out to Thomas. Maybe he an diabolically blackmail her into something horrible in exchange for not turning in her husband! That would add some hatred for Thomas.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn (View Post)
However, if Thomas can't have Jimmy, I want him to meet a handsome lord who has so much money it doesn't matter if he is gay or not. Maybe this lord would have been previously married and had sons, then his wife died and he was relieved as he couldn't keep pretending he liked women. Then he'd go and visit the Crawleys, they think they have to console the bereaved widower but he spots Thomas and after a few episodes of 'will they won't they', he whisks Thomas away to be his butler/lover. Am I repeating myself, lol.
The only problem with Thomas back in the day is he can't have a "happily ever after" especially if he's found out by the police. BUT it's possible (and I'm hoping) that JF gives him a happy ending soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
And anyone else wonder why Anna and Bates hooked up? I never could figure that one out, he seems quite a bit older than she is.
I always thought they both fancied each other the minutes Bates stepped onto DA in S1. Anna was *too* friendly towards him.

Quote:
I was confused, way back in season whatever (lol), at first Cora WANTS Mary to woo Straton, then later on when Edith is interested (after the war, when there weren't many suitors to pick from), that Cora and Robert deemed him too old for Edith--and there can't be too many yrs between Mary's and Edith's ages. That never made sense to me.
Sure he wasn't a great catch age-wise for either girl, but after the war, he would have been a great catch for any blue blood girl-he had a title, land, manor and money. What else would a parent want? lol. He also was in love with Edith. I hated that they didn't marry.
I think I mentioned this on the General S5 Discussion thread that it was confusing too. They wanted Mary to marry Anthony at first and when that didn't turn out well, it's with Edith and all of a sudden age was an issue? Maybe they were that desperate back with Mary?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
The only problem with Thomas back in the day is he can't have a "happily ever after" especially if he's found out by the police. BUT it's possible (and I'm hoping) that JF gives him a happy ending soon.

I think I mentioned this on the General S5 Discussion thread that it was confusing too. They wanted Mary to marry Anthony at first and when that didn't turn out well, it's with Edith and all of a sudden age was an issue? Maybe they were that desperate back with Mary?
I know but I want a fantasy ending for Thomas! Not a sensible historically accurate one

I can't remember them wanting Mary to marry Anthony, that would have been a mismatch and a half wouldn't it
Old 01-14-2015, 05:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn (View Post)
I know but I want a fantasy ending for Thomas! Not a sensible historically accurate one

I can't remember them wanting Mary to marry Anthony, that would have been a mismatch and a half wouldn't it

Yep, it was wayyyy back in series 1, when Mary said she wasn't interested in marrying Matthew. Cora says something to Robert, 'what about Strallen', and he says back, 'he's too old', or something like, that,but Cora kept pushing her argument for Strallen saying he has title, money, blah blah, and she later suggests it to Mary as well. Mary strings him along for a while just to spite Edith. She's such a mean girl.
They seemed to eager to get Mary 'settled' (as they call it), but what about Edith? She needed to be 'settled, too. LOL

Seems like when the duke shows up early in season 1, is introduced to Mary, Edith and Sybil, seems like I saw a twinkle in Sybil's eyes when introduced. LOL Of course he wasn't interested in her since he believed at the time Mary had $$. Dang, parents of daughters had lots of pressure! LOL
Old 01-14-2015, 06:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yep, it was wayyyy back in series 1, when Mary said she wasn't interested in marrying Matthew. Mary strings him along for a while just to spite Edith. She's such a mean girl.

Seems like when the duke shows up early in season 1, is introduced to Mary, Edith and Sybil, seems like I saw a twinkle in Sybil's eyes when introduced.
Gosh I've got no memory of Mary/Strallen. hahaha. I'm getting old.

I didn't notice the twinkle either, but of course the Duke wasn't interested in women at all, lol. Wonder what happened to him...
Old 01-15-2015, 01:06 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I wonder what happened to the Duke. I reckon his family already knows about his sexuality.

Quote:
Yep, it was wayyyy back in series 1, when Mary said she wasn't interested in marrying Matthew. Cora says something to Robert, 'what about Strallen', and he says back, 'he's too old', or something like, that,but Cora kept pushing her argument for Strallen saying he has title, money, blah blah, and she later suggests it to Mary as well. Mary strings him along for a while just to spite Edith. She's such a mean girl.
They seemed to eager to get Mary 'settled' (as they call it), but what about Edith? She needed to be 'settled, too. LOL
Mary is the first born so some pressure for her to marry someone within the family is forced on her because of the entail and Patrick's death was the the catalyst for that. (Also first borns, even in this day & age are always pressured into marrying first) In fact, Matthew, who gets to inherit, can even fall in-love with either Edith or Sybil if he chooses that but that didn't happen on the show. In fact, Edith had a crush on Matthew but it was pretty clear that he wasn't interested in her.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.