Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Absolute Fan

GALO: How did you returning to Once Upon a Time as Maleficent come to fruition?
Kristin Bauer van Straten: As an actor, we don’t know things. I’m not sure if they decided to bring Maleficent back coincidentally when True Blood was over, but I did tell my manager to let them know I was available when it was over because I had so much fun on the set with Lana Parrilla (Regina).

GALO: Given the characters you’re playing, what has the energy been like on set with Victoria Smurfit and Merrin Dungey?
KBS: Oh my gosh! I feel exceedingly lucky. Working with Lana Parrilla in the first season was just heaven. She is the most passionate, fun and giving actress you’ll ever meet. After leaving True Blood, it was so sad to not be with the actors who I couldn’t love more. I was looking for something to do that felt familiar, comfortable and fun. Immediately, I thought of working with Lana again. I get up to Vancouver and in walks Merrin Dungey and [Victoria] Smurfit. They are amazing. Victoria is Irish and she has more energy than 50 men. She’s completely positive and is having such a ball playing this iconic character. Back in the day, 15 years ago, I was in acting class with Merrin. I hadn’t realized she was playing Ursula. They threw us together and we have just been having a ball. You never know when you walk onto a set how personalities will overlap. We comment daily on how lucky the three of us feel

Kristin Bauer van Straten Talks Playing Maleficent on ‘OUAT’ and Life After ‘True Blood’ | GALO Magazine
Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Absolute Fan

^ That was such a great interview. I admittedly still kind of wish the writers had stuck with Maleficent as the "big bad" for the next 11 episodes, but then again Ursula and Cruella being part of the story may increase Maleficent's chances of surviving 4B.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 02-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I enjoyed so much that interview. Seeing how much Kristin loves Lana is a joy. And I don't mind anymore that mal will be joined by the other two. It actually looks like things got way too interesting for this part of the season!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 02-16-2015, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Add me to the list, please
Old 02-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Please add me
Old 02-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

You've been added
Old 02-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
Please add me
Welcome.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cant't wait for this and if/where they take this relationship and story.

Looking forward to it.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

please add me
Old 03-05-2015, 06:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Welcome, sourburst!

Another great new interview with Kristin: A to Zim: 'Once Upon a Time' Star Kristin Bauer van Straten Answers Our 26 Burning Questions Slightly spoilery for OUAT so I'm just gonna quote one part relevant to this thread:

Quote:
A...
Animal you wouldn't mind being for a day:

Lana Parrilla's [from Once Upon a Time] dog. That dog hikes the forests of Canada, plays in waterfalls with her best friends, gets rubbed on by everyone, and is so, so pretty.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am really looking forward to seeing this relationship. It was such a tease three years ago! I'm glad they are finally exploring it!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Same here! I'm beyond thrilled they managed to bring Kristin/Maleficent back. It's been high on my wishlist ever since season 1 and to be quite honest I'd almost given up on it already somewhere between seasons, but with the Angelina Jolie movie being quite the success and Kristin becoming available again after "True Blood" had come to an end the situation probably couldn't have been any more perfect for OUAT to stage Maleficent's return.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had given up almost all hope of it, too. I thought for a second in Season 2 what with Aurora and then Hook fighting wraith Maleficent but then nothing last season!

But now we are going to have all our Regina/Maleficent dreams come true
Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Will be interesting to see what Maleficent's attitude towards Regina might be, given everything that happened.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, if someone locked me beneath a library and then sent not one but two people down to fight me I'd be pretty cross.