Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, man... false? Wait.... True!

Cesare died in battle.

True or False?
Old 07-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

More like in an ambush at the siege of Viana. Not sure I'd call that a battle.

Cesare's sword had several Latin engravings, one of them read "aut Caesar aut nihil". True or false?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

True.

Cesare accepted Lucrezia as his wife.

True or False?
Old 07-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Did he ask? Well, false, I'm afraid.

Della Rovere has a mistress by the name Lucrezia Normanni and they had a daughter. True or False?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True, which makes della Rovere a hypocrite for accusing Rodrigo of lechery.

Rodrigo publicly exonerated Gioffre of the murder of his brother, Juan.

True or False?
Old 07-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Well, according to wiki though it doesn't give a source... I think I've read it before though, not sure where.

Gioffre's second wife, Maria de Mila, was a lady in waiting to Katherine of Aragon. True or false?

Old 07-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll say false? It says they were cousins.

Juan's wife had previously been betrothed to his older half brother.

True or False?
Old 07-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

They were cousins, but she lived in Spain and that's where they met. So she was indeed a lady in waiting to Katherine of Aragon. (As you know, KoA had to send most of her Spanish entourage home after her wedding to Arthur...)

And yes, that is true Maria Enriquez de Luna was previously engaged to Pedro Luis.

Sancia took care of Lucrezia's son by her brother Alfonso when the latter got married again. True or False?

Old 07-30-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True? I couldn't find that one.

Vanozza was never recognized as Rodrigo's widow or given a ceremonial funeral.

True or False?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, it's true. She took little Rodrigo with her to Naples and raised him.
Hm... I'd say that's true? Mainly because they weren't married and I think the stone from her tomb that they found read "Mother of ... " and listed all her children rather.

Rodrigo studied law in Bologna. True or False?

Old 08-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True.

Neil Jordan had originally intended to cast Christian Bale and Scarlett Johansson as Cesare and Lucrezia for a planned cinematic version of The Borgias.

True or False?
Old 08-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

True.

Lucrezia was married three times.

True or False?
Old 08-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Alex - I know about Scarlett Johansson but was it really Christian Bale? I thought he wanted Colin Farrell as Cesare, who in all honesty I never liked until his role in "Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them". If I'm really honest I'm glad that movie didn't happen because that combination sounds worse than John Doman's performance, bless his heart. (Did you know that the girl from "Teen Wolf" is going to play his daughter on "Gotham" next season? I was actually really excited about the casting tbh.)

Arinna - True. Well, I mean technically her marriage to Giovanni Sforza was annulled, no so does it still count...

Neil Jordan wanted to end 'The Borgias' with Rodrigo burning in hell. True or False?

Old 08-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True. Rodrigo was to end up in hell because he died before anyone could take his last confession.

That's correct, Nina. Scarlett Johansson was supposed to be Lucrezia, but Colin Farrell, not Christian Bale, was supposed to be Cesare. That was a trick question. You guessed wrong, Arinna.

The Borgia family influenced Mario Puzo's The Godfather.

True or False?
Old 08-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I always took issue with this because it was simply not true as is stated in Burchard's diary:
Quote:
On Friday, the 18th, between nine and ten o'clock he confessed to the Bishop Gamboa of Carignola, who then read Mass to him. After his Communion he gave the Eucharist to the Pope who was sitting in bed. Then he ended the Mass at which were present five cardinals, Serra, Juan and Francesco Borgia, Casanova and Loris. The Pope told them that he felt very bad. At the hour of vespers after Gamboa had given him Extreme Unction, he died.
Anyway... and I'd say that's false, no? I mean... I was always under the impression that "The Godfather" was influenced by real life crime bosses like Frank Costello and Bugsy Siegel and perhaps in terms of literature it shows some resemblance to Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamasov"...

During the French Invasion Ascanio Sforza sided with his brother Ludovico and betrayed Rodrigo. True or False?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread