Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Catia or Chelle a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Catia and Chelle
Old 07-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Personally I like things how they are – I remember when the board was customized we chose the colours so that they resembled The Vatican's official website (at the time).

As for the graphic... whatever you do, I'd be gravely disappointed if it didn't feature Vanozza (Joanne Whalley) and Giulia (Lotte Verbeek). Unfortunately the promo pictures for the last season didn't really reflect the fact anymore that this was a broader ensemble cast.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like the graphics as they are as well. Plus, both me and my co-mod are taking vacations soon, so we don't have time to make decisions about this.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

When are you going to be gone? We can postpone until you're back if you both won't be here during the decision process

ETA: i just looked up your absence & you won't be gone until the 11th? That's about 4 days before we will close this & to allow plenty of time for the team to make the graphics it is preferable that decisions are made as soon as possible. I can't see your co-mods absence dates but in my opinion you will be here for the decision making . The choice is still yours but i just thought i'd let you know of that timing

As for colours we can use these again & just update the graphic with newer pictures &/or any characters you may wish to add &/or remove

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2017, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like things how they are too. This board can only really have brown as the show is focused on brown.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Like Chelle just said, you don't have to change the colours. We can use the same(ish) colour palette. But since the first poster did mention other characters and the show now being finished, it could be a good time to decide which characters you want on top of your board representing it.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:00 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry, that was a misunderstanding, I mentioned that I would be devastated if Vanozza and Giulia were removed from the graphic!

The problem with promo pictures from the last season is that they only focus on three characters and not the ensemble that was what made the show so exceptional in the first place.

The graphic as it is now, in my opinion, has exactly the characters who need to be in it as this encompasses "The Borgias" as a family... the original crime family, as the show was dubbed. And as much as I like other characters on the show I don't think they belong in the forum banner. So personally I'd be in very much in favour of keeping the characters that are in it now when you make a new graphic.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 07-03-2017 at 04:09 AM
Old 07-03-2017, 04:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
The problem with promo pictures from the last season is that they only focus on three characters and not the ensemble that was what made the show so exceptional in the first place.
Are there pictures of the other characters from previous seasons which are usable then? We don't have to use the promo pictures from the last season or we may be able to combine pictures from two season

I know nothing of the show so who are your characters? Rodrigo, Cesare, Lucrezia, Vanozza, Giulia, Juan, & Joffre I presume (that's not in order of your current graphic, I was just reading a list of character names on Wikipedia)?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2017, 04:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, that's correct: Rodrigo, Giulia, Vanozza, Cesare, Lucrezia, Juan, & Joffre – That's the current order in the graphic, just fyi.

And from what I remember making graphics for the celebration threads, season 1 has still the most versatile promo pics, but there are a few from season 2 that could work. (I always thought that Showtime got cheap promoting the show along the lines when they realised that it couldn't compete against "Game of Thrones".) Anyway, I'm sure whatever you do will be lovely.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

(that order is amazing help, thanks )

hmm useful then Do you have links to all three & maybe the team can just pick & choose what works best for them? If you're all happy for us to do that that is?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2017, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

Let's see, I haven't made graphics in a while but I think you can find HQ pics here:

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

Hope that helps?!

Old 07-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, Nina! And I agree with you all. Keep the colors the same, update the pics and keep the whole ensemble just as it is now.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

We have now finished making all the graphics and the Graphics Team are going to vote on a winner, so this thread will now be closed until the colours and graphic have been set up - then we will re-open it so you can tell us what you all think!

If you have questions please post them on the Info Center's Message Board Customization Process Thread, but please check the opening post to see if your question has been answered there first.

Thank you everyone,
Catia.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Enjoy your banner and colours.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the new colours and banner!! Amazing job as always GT!