Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2015, 09:15 AM
New Fan

Hunger Games Dreams

I discovered I'm not alone in having this experience. So I've been working on a kind of "Hunger Games Dream" dictionary.

Would anyone like to share theirs?
Old 05-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

CF is my favourite of the three books, but I also loved Mockingjay. Sometimes I feel like I'm alone with this opinion

Old 05-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I didn't like MJ at first but when I tossed aside my expectations about well ... action scenes/games, I realized it was a fine book that deals with PTSD which is something I haven't really found before or after in YA books

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 05-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same. I liked how it was kind of bleak in the end and not a "happy ending" necessarily. Of course I was all sad when it was finished, but I still thought it was a great.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm the same I love CF but MJ it wasn't until as time went on did I begin to appreciate that book more. Though for me it was because I felt it was too crammed, I felt it deserved to be split into a fourth book...but now it makes more sense and is well written. It was allot to take in.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was alot to take in, especially after the first two books being sort of similar. The third book was a big adjustment given that there were no games really, IMO. Plus the second half of the book was alot to take in!

Old 05-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love Catching fire.. It was def my fav book out of all three book.. Plus I don't like MJ sicne I felt like someone in here that said it should be split it in half since I agree bec I felt like it was too rushing..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-27-2015, 01:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved CF so much too, and I felt the same about MJ, it was somehow rushed that's true, but I can't say I don't like it either, the story is amazing, if only SC wrote something like 100 more pages especially when it comes to the end of the book, I think we needed some extra chapters.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ya I definitely agree the ending of MJ seemed a bit rushed. I also felt like there was a missing climax, but I was still happy with it in the end.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

I just felt like she just not know what to do w/ those characters in MJ since she just tight everything up so quickly.. I was like that was it? Even it's not my fav, but I just like eh.. I pretend that nothing happen in that book.. Since I have several of friends who don't like MJ..

is that what you want?

Old 05-28-2015, 03:51 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree, the feeling she left me was kinda the same, like "and what about those other things?" if she wrote about their growing back together more and in a deeper way it would surely had been highly appreciated

Last edited by Echo752; 05-28-2015 at 02:26 PM
Old 05-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah for real.. I was like I'm still waiting and waiting, but never happen.. Plus I hate it when we didn't get other characters' reaction to something that are important.. Sigh.. So disappointing w/ that parts.. Also, one thing that the ending kind of irk me when people think that they got their happy ending bec of them finally together, but the way the ending was like so sad since in no matter what, she will always look over the shoulder that the game will be back.. Poor her since she shouldn't be in that situation for years.. I wish that she can have peace for herself..

is that what you want?

Old 05-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, we know she got some peace eventually, when she agreed to have children, at least that's what I assumed, since she never wanted kids, the fact that she changed her mind (after all those years), probably means that she felt safe at last. But I wish we could read more about it, and not just have to guess... Eh if only she wrote more chapters! Or maybe she should have splitted the book in 2 like the movies
Old 05-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't think she ever felt safe bec she always concern whenever the game will be back.. But having children can give her hope that it's okay to have that.. But I dunno why she can extend more pages.. I mean, look at HP the last book and same w/ Twilight..

is that what you want?

Old 05-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it's good we're left wanting more, right?! I would have liked to know what happened after everything settled down though, what happened specifically with Gale and the others. I was so happy that we got an epilogue though and that we knew that Peeta and Katniss were ok. She must have felt even a smidgen safe in order to finally want kids.