Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2018, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, it's definitely a good plastic surgery.

Not a fan of the Bloodreina persona but the Funko is cute, I have to admit.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

The Blodreina Funko Pop looks great!

Marie's old nose looks pretty good to me ... no reason to change it IMO

Marie and Chewy enjoy the summer on the beach:

Old 09-12-2018, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awww, nice! They’re clearly enjoying the outdoors there.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-15-2018, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyUSiuz66Rg

Octavia has taken my favorite scene from her brother, it's so awesome,

Old 09-16-2018, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marie at the football game ... she can really run!

+

X

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-16-2018, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the vids!

Old 09-17-2018, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Manga! Octavia ... so cute:

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-17-2018, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the soccer vids, Sarah

That Octavia drawing is cute

Blodreina drives on a scooter

and some pics from the soccer game:

Old 09-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pics!

Old 09-19-2018, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Sonja! Looks like she had a blast at the football game.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-21-2018, 12:37 AM
New Fan

Hello Octavia thread (ohhh, nice soccer pics!)!

So since I'm just getting started (recent binge watcher of al 5 seasons), I hope you don't mind if I let out a few FEELINGS first before joining in on the rest of the general chatter. Because holy cow, that character development was a lot to take in!

I have to say, on a show full of interesting characters, Octavia VERY quickly became and maintained favorite character status for me. The first episode I watched was actually "His Sister's Keeper" (1x6), about her life growing up hiding under the floor... which automatically reminded me of a book series I read YEARS and years ago called "Shadow Children" (about a society in which families are only allowed 2 children, from the point of view of several secret 3rd children living in hiding), so I was immediately intrigued. In a few of the eps before that she may have been the slightest bit annoying, but her characher changed SO quickly! Which makes sense, considering how she'd never really had a chance figure out who she was while living in such a tiny room all her life, with no other human interaction besides her mother and brother. That's why I think of all the characters, she had the easiest time adapting to life on the ground... she had a LIFE to finally live, with very few preconceived notions of what that actually meant, and she was ready to be molded!

And then OH GOD, season 5! Sadly, I think her extreme adaptability was also a big part of her downfall in that arc. She learned SO quickly what it meant to be a survivor on the ground and was able to quickly adapt to become just that, and while that ability definitely benefited her in the first few seasons... I think she also learned almost *too* quickly what she needed to become next to ensure everyone else's survival once they trapped themselves in the bunker.

Where other characters have had decades to decide the kind of person they wanted to be (not that they always made the choices they wished they could), in many ways her life was still *just* getting started.. so once they handed her power and showed her what needed to be done, she molded almost immediately into exactly the kind of terrifying leader that could ensure their survial up to and through The Dark Year. And by the time her personality finally "set," it was everything they needed in a leader while trapped underground... and nothing they needed once they finally came back up to the surface.

Regardless though, I have so much sympathy for her and ALL of the terrible choices she was forced to make throughout the season! I hope there's enough of the girl Lincoln fell in love with inside her still... and that her brother can help her recover some of her previous self (or help her carve out yet another self that can adapt to the new planet they are about to land on). I certainly hope she still has a little bit of that adaptability left in her and isn't completely molded and cooled yet. XD

Anyway... just had to get that off my chest. This show is SO MUCH. And Octavia is just SO interesting... for better AND worse, lol.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome here too, Krystal! Would you like to be added to the supporter list BTW?

To be honest, I have issues with how Octavia is portrayed sometimes though I symphatise with her at times too (especially when it comes to her messed up childhood under the floor) but I do agree with you here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidDuality (View Post)

Where other characters have had decades to decide the kind of person they wanted to be (not that they always made the choices they wished they could), in many ways her life was still *just* getting started.. so once they handed her power and showed her what needed to be done, she molded almost immediately into exactly the kind of terrifying leader that could ensure their survial up to and through The Dark Year. And by the time her personality finally "set," it was everything they needed in a leader while trapped underground... and nothing they needed once they finally came back up to the surface.
She was who they needed to be, during the Dark Year and all the bunker years ... unfortunately, she sacrificed some of her humanity to be that person. I do still have hope for Octavia, that she can find redemption after this. I just hope that it's done in a satisfactory manner.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-21-2018, 11:24 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Welcome here too, Krystal! Would you like to be added to the supporter list BTW?
Thanks, and yes please!

And I'm curious what your perspective is on Octavia (even negative), too. One thing I've found on this show is that any characters you choose to like... you almost just have to like them through sheer force of will, because they're all kind of terrible at times.

But for the longest time Octavia felt like sort of the moral compass of the show (well, really Lincoln was, but she strived to be like Lincoln, so both of them). Then season 5 came along and she went full Morgana (can't resist a Merlin comparison... that was another character who was awesome and righteous... until OMG she suddenly wasn't). XD Oftentimes I find the villains of a show more intriguing than the heroes anyway, so my appreciation for her just morphed into a different kind of morbid fascination of her descent into almost madness. For someone who kind of was THE antagonist of the season though, they really make sure you understand exactly where she's coming from, even when she seems absolutely crazy to those who can't look into her past to see what made her that way.

Also, this show is never afraid to redeem the unredeemable, so I have hope that she can find a way to make amends with what she's been turned into. Maybe?
Old 09-21-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome, Krystal! Such great thoughts. Agree with your every word. I'm also a strong Octavia supporter, through the good and the bad.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Welcome, Krystal! Such great thoughts. Agree with your every word. I'm also a strong Octavia supporter, through the good and the bad.
Same here ... Couldn't say it better

Welcome Krystal!
I'm Sonja

Marie looks so beautiful here ...